$Freeroll NLHE: 3rd hand in CC FR 4/28

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: 3rd hand in CC FR 4/28

OK, so its the 3rd hand in Tuesdays CC freeroll. I have played only 1 hand, from the SB. I decided to min-raise preflop just to get an idea about the 3 players behind me, two of them havent played a hand. I was in the Cut Off. The button timed out 1st hand (2 hands before this one) So its me and the blinds.

Full Tilt, 15/30 blinds NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players

DogzBestFrnd (CO): 1,560 (52 bb)
BTN: 1,455 (48.5 bb)
SB: 1,260 (42 bb)
BB: 1,500 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 1,725 (57.5 bb)
UTG+2: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP1: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP2: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP3: 1,500 (50 bb)
Pre-Flop: DogzBestFrnd is CO with T 7
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, DogzBestFrnd raises to 60, BTN folds, SB raises to 120, BB folds, DogzBestFrnd calls 60
Flop: (270) J 7 3 (2 players)
SB bets 210, DogzBestFrnd calls 210
Turn: (690) J 7 3 (6) (2 players)
SB bets 930 and is all-in, :eek: DogzBestFrnd:eek:

Im pretty sure the SB doesnt re-raise me preflop with 8-9, but who knows. Im thinking maybe he had a Jack or pocket 7s/3s.

Like I said the min-raise was basicly to see how much I can push when Im in position, then I got caught up in the pair/flush draw.

So should I have folded pre-flop when he re-raises? See the flop then fold to the 210 bet? Would anyone call here (maybe SB is bluffing)?
Any other advice besides dont play 10-7?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This early I'd probably lay this down pre-flop. A bit later in the tournament though and that is a decent hand to steal with but make your normal raise.

Again this early play straight forward, SB min raised you and then led out on the flop, believe him for now but watch what he shows down the next time this happens.

Mission Man 56

Mission Man 56

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you're really trying to establish a table image as an extremely aggressive player, I would lay this one down preflop. If I were trying to extablish that image, I would probably make a bigger raise, to say 3 1/2 or 4x BB and see if you can take down the pot then, or at least give him the poorer pot odds if he's holding something like A-Jo. If you then get reraised, it's time to get outta Dodge....

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you're really trying to establish a table image as an extremely aggressive player, I would lay this one down preflop. If I were trying to extablish that image, I would probably make a bigger raise, to say 3 1/2 or 4x BB and see if you can take down the pot then, or at least give him the poorer pot odds if he's holding something like A-Jo. If you then get reraised, it's time to get outta Dodge....

Actually thats the part I left out...lol.
I have noticed that in CC games I havent been getting alot of action when Im on big hands (unless Im up against monsters), so I was trying to get a bit of a looser image. Not exactly aggressive per say, but I think I have too tight of an image. Thats why I figured a min raise early with the possability of checking thru to the river or possably showing if I get folds from the blinds preflop and letting everyone see the 10-7. Just to show a larger range, even if I tighten up later.
So thats why the min raise as opposed to a 3x, I kinda wanted a call from SB or BB, but I stepped in it...lol.

BTW, I folded to the all-in bet on the turn

I dont know if I will try this tactic again, but if I do I think maybe I will wait a bit longer than the 3rd hand to try it.
Thanks for the advice.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You could shove over on the flop, or fold behind on turn. Depends on who is in SB... & why they'd min-raise. A 'min-raise' in SB, is obviously pricing you in and you'll often see AA or KK here. Personally I don't like the SB play but that's just me.

As mentioned above.. just fold this in early levels. Blinds are worth nothing so it's not even worth getting involved, especially with a marginal hand.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you do want to establish a loose image, just raise it up like anyother hand.... don't 'min-raise'. If you were to raise here and get flatted by BB, you'd be able to rep. an A or K if one happened to come on the flop. Still though.. it's really not worth it.... yet.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands