$Freeroll NLHE: 10's in BB after button limps

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: 10's in BB after button limps

When I was playing this hand the other day I felt spewy by the time it got to the river.

Reads - in freerolls (any freerolls) I give no respect to any unknowns until they show me they are capable of playing a rational game (I do take notes). I do not use HEM or PT3 anymore as I over relied on them. Right or wrong that is how I play. I have no specific reads on villian here so I give him no respect.

10's in the BB to a button limp is always worth a raise imo. I raised 5xbb due to being out of position. Villians range I expect to super wide. Any 22-99, Almost any suited connector and high connectors not suited.

Flop c-bet is 100% standard for me 2/3 pot I would do this if it was steal raising 7/2 or a value raise of AA's.

The Turn I lead again. The Q didn't particularly scare me and I figured the K to be as scary to the button as me.

The River - where my real question is but maybe not my main mistakes as I am sure there is plenty to be found in this hand. I checked because I think I will be only called by hands I beat.

When villian shoves do I call or has the hand become a train wreck and I should hang my head in shame?

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, 25/50 blinds NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

UTG+1: 1,185 (23.7 bb)
UTG+2: 2,435 (48.7 bb)
MP1: 1,585 (31.7 bb)
MP2: 3,120 (62.4 bb)
MP3: 1,170 (23.4 bb)
CO: 1,755 (35.1 bb)
BTN: 2,250 (45 bb)
SB: 2,150 (43 bb)
Hero (BB): 2,425 (48.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with
Tc.png
Td.png

6 folds, BTN calls 50, SB completes, Hero raises to 250, BTN calls 200, SB folds

Flop: (550)
6h.png
Qs.png
2s.png
(2 players)
Hero bets 300, BTN calls 300

Turn: (1,150)
Kc.png
(2 players)
Hero bets 600, BTN calls 600

River: (2,350)
5h.png
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 1,100 and is all-in, Hero ??

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely you must be slightly worried about that board an queen or a king fits his range well id say. they love to play aces, any pair and paint, KQ KJ K10 etc. so id definately check the turn.. you have to respect his position even if you dont respect the player... if you dont, your playing at the same level as them... i dont see any way your ahead here... generally the players are loose/passive, so his call on flop and turn must be a King, Queen the only hands you really beat are bluffs(unlikely with the way the hand was played imo) and small pairs, 22-99 they are definately in his range as well id say...

me personally i dont always cbet this flop, sometimes id check and turn my hand into a bluff catcher... i dont know, i guess if you include his entire range, given the pot odds your being laid it may or may not be a good call.. id say it would be a bad call, i think he folds to a second barrell with most hands.. definately fold for me.. you still have time to accumulate chips against a field of bad players...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check/fold the turn. When villain calls the flop, he doesn't have many kings in his range. Therefore, he should give you a free card with most of his range.