Total posts
Chips
Early in a 5k tourney .. 40/80 blinds
UTG+1: t4820.00
UTG+2: t5245.00
Hero (MP1): t5880.00
MP2: t3615.00
SB: t1880.00

Table was playing slightly loose, UTG+2 is a known good (IMO) reg. Everyone else was virtually unknown to me.

Pre Flop: Hero is MP1 with Jd Ad
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t160, UTG+2 calls t160, Hero calls t160, MP2 calls t160, 2 folds, SB calls t120, 1 fold
*** Some friends have said I should have raised.. Not sure if I agree with them here.. AJs .. nice and all but its still only AJ.. ***
Flop: Jh 4d 6d (5 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets t260, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to t640, MP2 folds, SB folds, UTG+1 calls t380
** Ok, couldnt have asked for a better flop .Well I mean.. AAA would have been great.. Smallish bet, maybe you hit it lightly but I hit this very nicely so I think a raise for some added value should be had. ~3x is my norm little more or a little less...... His call gave me something to think about here. Again, no notes.. didnt know this guy from adam... My best thoughts here are 4s or 6s, hoping not of course.. AJ maybe..78, 67 KJ / QJ/10J could fit here also. AA-QQ I would expect them to 4bet me here. I would .. (is this wrong to assume ?)
Turn: Jc (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t1200.00, UTG+1 raises to t2400.00, Hero ?????

** Well , 3 Js and a FD going.. but whats this with the min raise ? Did you just hit a FH ?
My brain screams FOLD STUPID.. But my inner fish says..WAIT A SECOND STUPID.. DONT FOLD JUST YET...Decisions...decisions..
I wont lie, I am still tanking on this one. Thoughts ?
Thank you

P

Poker_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming u mean 5k gtd?

Vs unknown, shove for sure. You're ahead of his range if you include some js or mid to high pps that might see the 2nd j as a good card. Utg +1 open range def includes those. id need specific stats on villain to make this fold. Time and place for a fold like this..not early in 5k vs unknown lol

Worst case...drawin thin

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need extreme reads to fold. I mean your standard live fish here has to many Jx combos to fold. There's 6 combos of 44 and 66 (which we're not even drawing dead against anyway, still have like over 11% equity or something). There are like 11 combos of QJ+, even the 3 which are currently splitting with you still have outs.

It'd be bad to do anything but ship it imo.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need extreme reads to fold. I mean your standard live fish here has to many Jx combos to fold. There's 6 combos of 44 and 66 (which we're not even drawing dead against anyway, still have like over 11% equity or something). There are like 11 combos of QJ+, even the 3 which are currently splitting with you still have outs.

It'd be bad to do anything but ship it imo.

Agreed.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is pretty much a dream runout, you have outs/are a favourite against every possible hand. putting An UTG raiser on underpair sets when they cbet is pretty silly imo. likely range is JJ+ on flop call and QQ+ on the turn minraise. get it in pretty quickly imo.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get the money in!

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely push them in, what is beating you? pocket 4s, pocket 6s, and then there are possible straight/flush draws. I'd say you're fine

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise or fold pre-. This looks like one of those situations where you compromise on calling because you figure your hand is too good to fold, but not strong enough to 3bet. I am all too familiar with thinking this way. The problem is that AJs isn't a hand that plays especially well in a multi-way pot, which seems likely since there has been a bet and call before you, and which you further facilitate by calling since it improves the pot odds for the players still to act.

As played, I'm with everyone else. Get it in. Yes, you might be behind, but if you're folding trip jacks with a flush draw here, it means your range to continue is little more than the nuts. There are times to be that tight, but not much reason to think this is one of them.

D

DustyStreets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the feedback. :)
Poker-Play.. Unfortunately I had 4 hands on this player, this was the first hand I saw him play.
Arjonius- I see what you are saying, as noted other friends who reviewed this agreed that it was a fold or raise and they would have opted to raise.. even with no reads available (only notes I had was on utg+2)
I did indeed shove here although I was not sure I should have, but in review of the feedback I see that it was the correct move.

Had a little sigh moment when I saw the 4s from the villain... oh please mister river man.. deliver me ...

Folding in Poker