E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
45 hands is a very small sample... You still don't know much after 45 hands

What is the chance that guy who plays vpp 11% without 3bet in 45 hands now push 3bet allin with AJ/AQ on bubble? 5%, 10%? :dontknow:

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't care less about bubbling out, you're there to win the tournament, not to mincash.

For the love of god this. We simply can't be folding this type of hand with a dwindling stack and expect to win, let alone final table.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since it is the bubble and I have more chips then him/her I may take the risk and call to see what happens.

Jonatha007

Jonatha007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, Pay more than 50% of your stack, which is currently comfortable in front of the blinds. I would not run this risk of seeing a JJ +, par vs AKs is JJ +: 54% vs AKs: 46%. I'd take the risk if I had less than 20blinds

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise and shove in front of me.. Did you look at statistics of players who shoves?
CO: 13.76 BB (VPIP: 11.11, PFR: 8.89, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)
lol 3Bet Preflop: 0.00 in 45 hands!!
I still think this is a good fold, not because "min-cash" .. i saved chips for next hand and for "safe" double-up with QQ

If this was 450 hands and not this shallow stacked this would've been a valid point. Obviously you're tight against opens when you've got 10-20 BB. He just didn't get any hands to fight against opens with these few orbits - that's entirely possible. Even with these stats he easily reshoves AJ and AQ here CO vs BTN.

I can't hear this QQ argument lol. We're looking at this spot, not the fact you were lucky enough to pick up QQ the next hand and doubled up with that.

By the way, why did you even post this hand if you're not even open to arguments against your opinion?

srqgrinder

srqgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still jam even with the 11% vpip/45 hands.

I don't even run a HUD and this is still an easy jam.

lol. You actually think getting QQ is significant to this hand? It's not. You don't always wake up with big hands after folding. You weren't rewarded because you folded. You getting QQ and doubling up is completely irrelevant to the hand in question.
He lost credibility to me at don't even use a hud. Good fold in that spot.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is just LOL

Snap re-jam

srqgrinder

srqgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot players get tied up with ONLY the two cards in front of them. Me has Ak all in!! Not thinking the whole situation through. Im not saying this is always a fold. But in this spot, against this opponent, I believe it's a fold. Even with worse cards, he probably had better spots. Was joking about the HUD thing btw. Definitely seem to know your stuff, but should really look into a HUD.

Q

QuestionC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have both of them covered, it's not like losing an all-in would put you out of the tournament. Not calling because of tournament structure is nuts.
Snap call man.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing it was at lest worth of call, were is the game if you not playing? :)

R

Roockie4Life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a nitty fold. AKs on the small blind with a raise from MP3 and 13BB shove from the CO (which is the same as the Button since the button is sitting out) I think you have to take the flip. CO will have AJ+, KQs, QJs, even maybe ATs and 66+. I don't know what MP3 is doing since he only has 20BB, so I would put him on a slight stronger range than CO (AJs, AQ+ and 77+).
I think you have to take the flip with AKs and reshove to put extra pressure on MP3.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im all in. you have both of them covered so if you lose youre not out and can still make the money

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very easy reshove... I mean... you're not even risking your tournament life so even if you do lose then you're probably going to make it past the bubble. The bubble of a normal structure MTT is just nowhere near important enough to consider folding this.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HJ probably stealing on the bubble. COs shove is probably a good hand given that is the bubble but still he is shoving pretty wide with 14BBs.
I imagine it went fold all the way and CO scoops it all.
Should've been a re-shove.

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that would be instant call for me, i dont see AKs so offen and like that kind of flip coins

Farmz

Farmz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that would be instant call for me, i dont see AKs so offen and like that kind of flip coins

I respect the fold as what's the point in risking it so much when your the captain at the table. Personally I'd have probably called tho lol.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it's a spot for gambling to me. You are the second biggest stack at the table and chip leader did already folded. So i would like to push here and hoping to see hands like AQ, AJ, KQ. Of course there will be some chance to face a pair, where you have only like 48% against and just really unlikely that we face AA or KK. I don't like call here at all. We have to isolate the short stack to not being in tricky situation, when we don't hit the flop and the guy on MP+1 come in pot too. Shove is much better. It's pretty often a coin flip, but it still worth to gamble because you have a healthy stack and there are some "dead money" in pot too. Also there are some chances, that shorty tries "crying re-steal" with Ace +lower kicker. So 80% of time it's a shove for me and 20% fold.

Folding in Poker