Flush win

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?
How i played the hand? (It started as an atempt to steal the blinds )

Stacks:
* MP with 1360
* CO with 4790
* BTN with 1555
* SB with 1265
* BB with 3675
* UTG with 855

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to BTN:5♦ Q♦
Preflop:
* * 3 players fold.
* * Hero raises to 150
* * 1 players fold.
* * BB calls [100]
* * Total folds this street: 4
* * Potsize: 325
Flop:
* * A♦ Q♠ 7♥
* * BB checks
* * Hero bets [250]
* * BB calls [250]
* * Potsize: 825
Turn:
* * 7♦
* * BB checks
* * Hero checks
* * Potsize: 825
River:
* * J♦
* * BB bets [400]
* * Hero calls [400]
Results:
* * BB shows :
* * 4♦ A♣
* * Hero shows :
* * 5♦ Q♦ Hero wins the pot (1,625) with a flush, Ace high

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?
How i played the hand?

I think that is 1 question...

Ok, 'steal the blinds' move? Raise more preflop. The min/2XBB raise, ok, anything under 4X raise (or more), is a poor 'steal the blinds' move, just pricing the blinds in on a weak 'steal the blinds' move. Not sure why u would pull this move with blinds so low, but go ahead.

flop:

middle pr with crap kicker?? seems 2 BB saw the flop. 1 checked, 1 called another weak bet.

Why is there 2 BBsin the hand?

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the steal should ve been a bit bigger... but u probably get a call from the BB shorthanded and with his stack anyways...
the contibet is ok.. u got middle pair, if he has something like KJ he s gonna give it up.... after the call u realize he s got an A or at least a Q, so ur behind, i like the check on the turn, keeping the pot small... still with chance of hitting your flush.... however i wonder why you dont push on the river.... u have the second nutflush... ok there might be a full house out there but if you lose the pot you leave yourself shortstacked... so i think you may be pushed and still have gotten a call, just because he was priced in...

you should leave the result out though...

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don;t see anything wrong here really. standard button steal in a 1 tbl or FT of a sng. Your 3xbb raise preflop could have been 4xbb, but not necessary at all. Your standard flop c-bet was sized about right (about 2/3 pot), then on the turn you checked behind figuring to let the hand go, unless you hit your magic 2nd runner on the river. Which you did.

NH

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played well imo.

Perhaps Q5 isn't the best hand to steal with, you'd usually want something that has some potential if called, but otherwise, fine.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is 1 question...

Ok, 'steal the blinds' move? Raise more preflop. The min/2XBB raise, ok, anything under 4X raise (or more), is a poor 'steal the blinds' move, just pricing the blinds in on a weak 'steal the blinds' move.

This is fundamentally wrong. You are plain wrong. Saying that you should raise to > 4x BBs in a tournament if you're trying to steal the blinds so that you don't price them in is awful:
-You're trying to steal for as cheap as possible, so that when they raise, you fold after only putting in 3 BBs and not > 4.
-If you're afraid of "pricing the blinds in," you are making the basic mistake of forgetting that you are in position on the flop, and the BB will most likely play fit-or-fold post-flop with a marginal hand, which allows you to take down a bigger pot than just the blinds.
-I fail to see how you are differentiating between a "weak 'steal the blinds' move" and one that's not weak? Are you implying that you should raise bigger to make your "steal the blinds move" seem stronger? (read above)

flop:

middle pr with crap kicker?? seems 2 BB saw the flop. 1 checked, 1 called another weak bet.

Why is there 2 BBsin the hand?

Congrats, you fail at comprehension!

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats, you fail at comprehension![/quote]

I have to agree with that.
Anyway, thank for your comments it seams that i played the hand well after all.

Waht do you think on how the villian played his hand?

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fail to see how you are differentiating between a "weak 'steal the blinds' move" and one that's not weak? Are you implying that you should raise bigger to make your "steal the blinds move" seem stronger?

My original posts, stands on it's own.

What is the button trying to do here? Think about that.

They have Q5d, for goodness sake. That is worse than random hole cards?????

Raise ATC sooted, with position, button raise like?

What do you think? How i played the hand? (It started as an atempt to steal the blinds )

Just fold. You flop 2ndpr, and backdoored the miracle Q high flush. brilliant.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My original posts, stands on it's own.

What is the button trying to do here? Think about that.

They have Q5d, for goodness sake. That is worse than random hole cards?????

Raise ATC sooted, with position, button raise like?

Just fold. You flop 2ndpr, and backdoored the miracle Q high flush. brilliant.

Holy God your posts are terrible.

P

pozzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have thought he would have had the Ace.. But I think you played it well..

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-You're trying to steal for as cheap as possible, so that when they raise, you fold after only putting in 3 BBs and not > 4.

This is why I think Q5s is a horrible hand to steal with. If you raise more preflop, you are risking more to win less, and if you only raise 3x, he's going to call with a wide range and Q5s plays like crap after the flop. It fits almost no flops. Also, you're in that awkward 20-30BB stack size where making steals with speculative hands is big trouble. You don't increase your stack by much if you take down the blinds, and you don't have good implied odds if you hit a big hand. So I say fold preflop without any hesitation.

Given the preflop action, I think the flop bet is fine and the turn check is excellent (don't want to get pushed off the draw needlessly).

On the river, there is no excuse for not shoving. Only a slowplayed hand or maybe KJ/KT of diamonds beats you. The board pairing is good for your hand, because it means he might call with a 7 or he might call with any ace, because he's playing the Q kicker on the board which is rarely beat. I think he would have called a shove on the river, feeling priced in to call for a chopped pot.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you played it well, your lucky you got the runner diamonds too, nh

rwilson

rwilson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you did alright. Personally I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to steal with Q5s with the blinds at the level they were at, but that's a situational thing. Once you were in the hand you played it alright.

The only other sugestion would have been raising the river.

Full Flush Poker