flopped a double draw, reraised then was rereraised

S

Swodaems

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened in a Carbonpoker $1000 freeroll. Top 30 out of 440 places paid. It's still the first round, blinds are 5/10 and I have 1450 in chips.
I get dealt [6d, 7d] in CO-1 position. There is a preflop minraise from the guy two seats to my right. I call, CO calls, and SB calls. The BB folds.

Flop comes [8h, Ad, 5d], giving me a flush draw and an outside straight draw. The inital raiser raises to 20. I reraise to 150 because of my large number of outs. My hope is get a couple of callers here and walk away with a decent sized pot later after I make a hand, but I would be happy enough to merely take the pot down here and now.

CO rereraises to 670. If I'm lucky, this is merely a high ace, but I'm not that optimistic. He could have two pair, but I think that him having a set of 8s or 5s is far more likely under the curcumstances.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove? Even against 2 pair you're a favourite. It's difficult cuz it's a tourney. In a cash game i'd be shipping quicker than you can say bang. It depends on the payout. Number of players etc. Maybe even a fold if you really wanted to hold on to your "tournament life"

K

KillerBoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You either push and prey. Doesnt really matter if he is holding TPTK or a set. Just about the only thing you do NOT want to see is a better flush draw.. or you fold cos youre not that deep in. And if you have no reads whatsoever on the enemy, I would vote for fold... but I´m a tight player :)

S

Swodaems

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My decision was to shove. He instacalled me with a set of 8s. Turn and river were both 10s, giving him a full house, while I completed neither draw.

sportznut55

sportznut55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is where I am learning. Normally, I would shove and put pressure on. However, you thought he must have a set and the only call you are going to get here is from a set. Assuming a set of 8's you are are 3-2 dog. Pot is ($115 +$150 +$670) for $935. If I'm right (and I'm still learning) to call $520, you are getting 1.8 to 1 or 3.6 to 2, giving you good pot odds for a call. The call gives you a chance to catch up OR make a stab at the pot if a "scare card" comes out. If nothing materializes and you are scared to take a stab, you fold with 760 left OR roughly 75 big blinds. It seems like you got scorched, but you can tighten up and play for a long time with that much left. Laying it all out for myself, I say call the raise. The other advantage to the call is that if a scare card comes out and you check to him, he may check too, thus giving you the river for free.