Feedback- Did he think I was bluffing by my play

N

nina_m

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In other words did I come on too strong? it was a fairly tight table. (I'm in seat 6) also how would you have played it?
https://www.cardschat.com/hand/5221

Thanks

full tilt poker Game #8889672264: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (68024332), Table 2 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:12:55 ET - 2008/11/09
Seat 1: hamito67 (3,035)
Seat 2: Bella_Bella436 (1,375), is sitting out
Seat 3: mali45 (2,005)
Seat 5: girondins91 (1,630)
Seat 6: nmarinova (1,220)
Seat 7: mainstreetgolf (1,895)
Seat 8: tork51 (1,220)
Seat 9: kseto (1,120)
Bella_Bella436 posts the small blind of 25
mali45 posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to nmarinova [Qd As]
Bella_Bella436 has returned
girondins91 folds
nmarinova raises to 100
mainstreetgolf folds
tork51 folds
kseto folds
hamito67 folds
Bella_Bella436 calls 75
mali45 calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Qc 3h 8h]
Bella_Bella436 checks
mali45 bets 100
nmarinova raises to 350
Bella_Bella436 folds
mali45 calls 250
*** TURN *** [Qc 3h 8h] Q♥
mali45 checks
nmarinova bets 770, and is all in
mali45 has 15 seconds left to act
mali45 calls 770
nmarinova shows [Qd As]
mali45 shows [8s Ah]
*** RIVER *** [Qc 3h 8h Qh] 9♥
nmarinova shows three of a kind, Queens
mali45 shows a flush, Ace high
mali45 wins the pot (2,540) with a flush, Ace high

Last edited:
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you could have 3bet preflop but that whouldn't have made him fold either. After flop you had top pair top kicker and made a value bet, he held mid pair with A kicker - there was no need to fold either.
On turn, as you had QQQ set he hoped for the flush and got it.
His chances were not really good but he didn't care about your odds - and won.
I think he played it bad and won, happens sometimes.
Keep in mind that on the micro tables most players don't seem to know or care about their chances and just flat call anything.

I don't think you did a lot wrong here, just tough bad beat that's all.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, don't think he figured you were bluffing. Typical low buy-in move with an A,rag. Then he hits mid-pair with A kicker on the flop. After the turn he was on a nut flush draw. Real tough to get most players off the bingo cards in low stakes games no matter what or how you bet.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more PF...no minraising.

C

Chief_X_LRG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with the others. No min raising with AQo in EP.

If in fact I decided to play the AQo, I would bet 125-150 personally. Which is somewhat questionalble hand for me being it so early in the tourney during survival mode time, but not entirely unreasonable to play for some others, but I prefer AQ to be suited in early positions to give me more value on my bet.

Anyhow to answer your first question, no I don't think he thought you were bluffing once you reraised on the flop. I think he was just being a hopatron and hoping to hit the turn and bust you. Regardless he wasn't going anywhere after he called your reraise.

Not a perfect situation for him, but at the low stakes I see this quite a bit when early on in a one table tournies.

To answer your second question. How would I played it? This situation is the very reason why 9-10 times I am folding AQo and AJo in early positions when blinds are this low.

T

teeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can only hope

I would like to believe he thought u were bluffing but reality, HE had ace rag and q pairs the board he thinks of flush draw and his 2 pair with ace kicker and makes a bad call. You got unlucky.

V

vpb0i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you play it fine, if u ask me, agreesive preflop, flop, turn, got unlucky on river, he probably didnt put you on q, but yeah, prettty much got unlucky, gg

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have made a bigger raise pre-flop, and on the turn to get limpers out. lol there was a sitout.

B

bullseyelespaul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with possible flush draw on flop i would probably raised more with top pair top kicker. on the small money tables you have to make people pay to try to catch up.