Facing river shove.

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reads, just got to the table about 3 hands before this.
I really can't think of a hand I can beating here but it's kinda a wired
move on the river. As played am I ever calling with no read?
Should I have made a blocking bet? Bad bet on turn?
Stacks:

* BTN with 3277
* SB with 5090
* BB with 3605
* UTG with 815
* MP1 with 2185
* MP2 with 3425
* CO with 1556

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 75/150
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to SB:7♥ 7♣
* * Sklansky group 5
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP1 raises 290 to 440
* * 3 players fold.
* * Hero calls [365]
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 1030
Flop:
* * K♦ 3♦ K♣
* * Hero: checks
* * MP1: checks
* * Potsize: 1030
Turn:
* * 9♠
* * Hero bets [450]
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP1 calls [450]
* * Potsize: 1930
River:
* * 2♣
* * Hero: checks
* * MP1 bets [1275] [ all-in ]
* * Hero ????????
Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not crazy about betting the turn with the 9 hitting. If it were a 6 or less, I think its a pretty easy turn bet.

Also, 3-bet or fold preflop. You're not getting odds to setmine, and playing small pairs on the flop OOP sucks. I'd probably muck this preflop.

As played, on the river, I'd probably fold, since people love to slowplay stuff. Calling isn't terrible either, but meht, I still think K's, 9x, and TT+ are still in his range. Only thing that worries me is that busted flush draws could be in there too, but its a smaller portion of his range.

S

sw7104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're beat. Knowing nothing about Villain, I would project KQ/KJ. Possibly A9/AA.

PF -- 77 is the fold side of border for me, against 3x raise from unknown villain. Plus you're not getting right odds (8:1 vs. 6:1 optimistic) to call.

F -- probe bet and prepare to surrender; the probe size limits your downside and can be scary if villain isn't holding a K (looks like you're building the pot, or inducing a reraise, or are a BIG CHICKEN!)

Turn -- check, or maybe probe bet (which you did), for basically same reasons as above.

R - villain called your turn probe bet then raised AI; time to bail.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, esp. vs. an EP small stack. He's committing 20% of his stack, and you're oop with a practically unplayable hand.

As played, I'd try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Fold river.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded pre-flop. 7-7 in the SB facing a raise is an easy fold. Plus you have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds. You will have other opportunities down the road.

I would have tried to take down the pot with a 1/2 pot on the turn. If I encountered any resistance, I would fold.

As is: fold the river.

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no read, I don't think you can call here. Sure, you may have him beat, but the call on the turn just screams to me that he has either a 9 or a pocket pair that's higher than yours.