Earlyish in $6 SnG PP 7s

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian had raised a few times preflop with K10 and A rag type hands and called pot sized bet with flush draw.

Stage #686974276 Tourney ID 60547 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $30 - 2007-03-22 22:44:00 (ET)
Table: 12536442 (real money) Seat #4 is the dealer
Seat 1 - SQUEAK1OUT ($1515 in chips)
Seat 2 - CAROMTHENINE ($1930 in chips)
Seat 3 - SUNDUDE ($1575 in chips)
Seat 4 - HALCYONDAZE ($3510 in chips)
Seat 7 - JAYNESEO ($2020 in chips)
Seat 8 - LADYINJAX ($1440 in chips)
Seat 9 - POKERDOG398 ($1510 in chips)
JAYNESEO - Posts small blind $15
LADYINJAX - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAYNESEO [7d 7c]
POKERDOG398 - Raises $90 to $90
SQUEAK1OUT - Folds
CAROMTHENINE - Folds
SUNDUDE - Folds
HALCYONDAZE - Folds
JAYNESEO - Calls $75
LADYINJAX - Folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 2d 9c] {210 in pot}
JAYNESEO - Bets $90
POKERDOG398 - Raises $300 to $300
JAYNESEO - ??

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate these situations, but basically I play 77 for set value. No set, I'm outa there.

But, it's a flop that should have missed the villain entirely unless he's on a set of 9s, so I can see leading at the pot as you did since your range might be wider than his since you were in the SB. I would'a bet more though; at least 1/2 the pot.

For me though, he's made it too expensive to challenge with 77. Fold and live to fight another day.

FlopDeezNutz

FlopDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop, he's representing an unsure hand. I wouldn't be worried about a PP, but I would be worried about a hand like k10 suited.
If I had to put money on it, I would put him on a flush draw right now, and I would push him all in. Make him make a decision for the rest of his chips, instead of allowing him to force the action and make you make a decision later in the hand. He will likely fold his draw because he won't want to put his tournament life on the line for a draw. And even if he does call and get lucky, you have enough chips that you could still recover.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JAYNESEO - Calls $210
*** TURN *** [3d 2d 9c] [7s]
JAYNESEO - Bets $210

What do you think of this bet now? I made it seem weak because I want to suck him in since I'm 98% sure I have the best hand.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jay, suggest you wait a day or so after posting the first part before you post the second, as you give more people a chance to comment before moving on. Unless you think FlopD and I are all the experts you need. :)

Now, if FlopD is right and he is on a flush draw, you have to give him the odds to make a mistake calling.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I'm a spazz, and I've been drinking so I'm impatient lol :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh, why does that remind me that I've requested Zen and the art of Playing Poker from the library and it's waiting for me to pick it up?

FlopDeezNutz

FlopDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still didn't bet enough to take away pot odds from a drawing hand.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet that way for 3 reasons

A- I'm hoping he just folds and I win
B- He's already called a pot sized bet for a flush draw, no reason to think he won't again. Then if he does catch a flush I can fold or at least see for cheaper. So if he just calls, he's on a draw, if the draw misses the river I put him all in.
C- I'm really hoping he thinks I'm on a flush draw and reraises it, since I'm 98% sure I'm ahead. He does that and I got him.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop ok.

Flop lead ok (a little on the small side though), but fold to the raise. You've said you've seen him call with flush draws, well now he's raising, and raising big. He's representing an overpair here, and given that this is a $6 an overpair is therefore most likely what he has.

Check-raise allin on the turn as played.

B- He's already called a pot sized bet for a flush draw, no reason to think he won't again. Then if he does catch a flush I can fold or at least see for cheaper. So if he just calls, he's on a draw, if the draw misses the river I put him all in.
Think about what you've said here for a moment and hopefully you'll realise it's flawed thinking. ;)

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why you are king, and I am paranoid of online riggedness. JK

I realized that after I posted it but then was too lazy to fix it.