Early turbo MTT: JJ in the BB

10crow10

10crow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty typical beat right there, the donk opponent couldnt let go of his AK when he missed by a mile.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for moving this thread where it belonged.

Rob, I think that the villian can get away with not 4betting w/ AK simply because he CAN get away from it if he doesn't hit.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do look back at my original post and i did not state in my post i would like analysis of the hand. But i believed by simply putting a good title for the post and posting it in the HA section i would get some response as to how the hand looked from other views.

Chris i am very sorry to hear about your grandmother:( but if the fact was he had more important things to go deal with (which i completely agree with taking family before anything and everything) why did he continue to post to argue with the fact I wanted some analysis? That part is just a little confusing to me.

I can understand moving it initially to BB&V with my first two sentances of the OP, but after others and I stated this hand was posted for analysis purposes it seems odd for Chris to say otherwise.

I have moved it - but there was absolutely nothing in the OP that suggested this was posted for analysis.

I am not one to get into arguments over little things, but the hint that it was posted for analysis was the fact it was posted in HA.

Anyways... back to the hand!

With two limpers in front of him and sitting on the button i cannot see many players just limping in with QQ+... also... i disagree with the comment QQ is very similar to AK (especially suited) except for the fact they are premium hands.

Thank you Dakota for moving this to HA

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more perspective so that someone can finally post about how all the mods are just agreeing with each other just because. I'm sure my opinion on this doesn't matter much, but that's never stopped me before. :)

FWIW in the future, simply posting it in the HA forum does not mean it was meant to be or even should be here. Anyway, my reason for adding to this post is a vaguely realistic hope that it might actually serve as an example of the kind of logic we use when making these decisions (which are nothing more than judgement calls based on what we see at the time).

Here are the indicators in the post that would have made me think this was a bad beat/vent thread:
This enraged me...
Sounds like a vent...
I snapped on villain after this, i usually dont do this but i really wanted to do well in this
tells how he over-reacted and looks to justify it.
i knew i was WAY ahead of him.
Clearly knows that he should have won the hand and lost to a suckout.
*** FLOP *** [3h 4c Ts]
pitter22: bets 550
wezo qc: raises 550 to 1100
pitter22: raises 385 to 1485 and is all-in
wezo qc: calls 20 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (365) returned to pitter22
*** TURN *** [3h 4c Ts] [Tc]
*** RIVER *** [3h 4c Ts Tc] A♥
*** SHOW DOWN ***
pitter22: shows [Js Jc] (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
wezo qc: shows [Ac Kh] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
wezo qc collected 3140 from pot
Posts results where all the money went in on the flop and shows how he waited for two streets and then variance happened.
5. Didn't post any reads or thoughts on the hand or what villian might be doing.
6. Didn't actually ask any questions or specify where input might be necessary such as was the whole hand a cluster **** or was it on the flop play where he wasn't sure how to play an overpair to the flop, etc.

In contrast, here are the indicators in the post that would have made me think this was a hand analysis thread:

See the difference? Oh well, I tried. Please continue your analysis on how quickly to shove here because as played no one is folding there.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the river was say the 6 of hearts, would this thread exist?

why would you want analysis when you said in your OP you "KNEW you were well ahead of him"?

meh, it's a stealth bad beat thread as far as i'm concerned but i flagged it for the proper mod peoples to do with as they please.

why did he continue to post to argue with the fact I wanted some analysis?

Ye he really went on and on for an almost endless amount of time imo argueing his point :rolleyes:

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hafto agree.. You can never be mad when losing with JJ .. From what i've seen on full tilt poker this hand loses 80% of the time.. I've seen it flop a SET and still manage to lose to a runner runner flush or straight.. JJ is cursed in my opinion.. however if there are only 3 ppl left in the tourney its hard to fold JJ.. but that wasn't the case here..

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Great post JD, the mystic secrets of MODism (MODdom ?) are slowly being revealed to me and I'm glad you did.
At least now I have a better idea on how things works and why threads are being moved.

But heck I can't expect a fellow cleaner to make bad posts can I now..

P

Phil922

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its just an unlucky river for you. I wouldnt go anywhere with JJ at this point. I prob would of raised a bit more preflop thought to get hands that think they are getting right odds to get out of hand.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u almost forget this thread was supposed to be about a hand...

anyways, bigger raise pf, you also would ve had to call a 4bet... if you re beat pf thats just a cold deck...

as for on the flop, i dont see how you would get away, set of 33s or 44s, virtually impossible, and would he really raise a set of TTs risking to lose you if you were the one holding AK? so good call...

also i think if you had left out the result and ur comments about ur already steaming then the analysis and this whole thread discussion would ve been better...

I hafto agree.. You can never be mad when losing with JJ .. From what i've seen on Full Tilt Poker this hand loses 80% of the time.. I've seen it flop a SET and still manage to lose to a runner runner flush or straight.. JJ is cursed in my opinion.. however if there are only 3 ppl left in the tourney its hard to fold JJ.. but that wasn't the case here..

that just doesnt make any sence at all... u only play the 4th best hand when there are 3 ppl left?good luck with ur game..

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JACKS!!!! JACKS!!!! Hasn't anybody told you that JACKS are EVIL???:evil: EVERY time I get jacks, either inna pocket OR onna flop---They destroy me!!! Someone will get Qs or Ks or a straight or a flush!! Moreover, if I get, oh, I dunno, lets say pocket Qs, someone else will get pocket Js and THEN flop one---or, worse yet, get another onna river, and AGAIN destroy me!!! :afraid: JACKS!!! Three ways to play 'em, an' they're ALL wrong!!:damnmate:

peach68

peach68

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
weird play by villain here... if anything he goes for AK push preflop (which is even questionable) but his postflp play here is insane. What is he thinking he got 3-bet with preflp by bb oop? Trouble is, alot of players online in micro buy-ins 'aren't' thinking about what hand their opponent is on.. they see two cards in front of them and then put their chips in.
Great thing about ring games,... this guy'd most likely be an atm for ya.
Better luck next time.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's this thread about?

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JACKS!!!! JACKS!!!! Hasn't anybody told you that JACKS are EVIL???:evil: EVERY time I get jacks, either inna pocket OR onna flop---They destroy me!!! Someone will get Qs or Ks or a straight or a flush!! Moreover, if I get, oh, I dunno, lets say pocket Qs, someone else will get pocket Js and THEN flop one---or, worse yet, get another onna river, and AGAIN destroy me!!! :afraid: JACKS!!! Three ways to play 'em, an' they're ALL wrong!!:damnmate:

lol rick you've had a rough day (CC team competition) i think you just need a beer and a masage with a happy ending :D

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way vilains thaught he was ahead, he just wasnt good enough to fold his AK on that dryflop. Sometimes making the right play isnt enough, but theres always another hand:)

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in another tourny i had the exact same situation... except with the villain having AQ... i pushed on the flop and he called.. and it didnt hit!! i was shocked. i thought my tournament was forsure over!!!

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand better then he did but he just put in to many chips to fold. Another moron gets lucky. Bad luck but at least you played better then he did. When these hands go your way you usually do well when they dont you dont do so well. Just how the game goes.