jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian has been tight, recently received a bad beat by a 2 outer
Original raiser has been playing many hands aggressively

Stage #727533629 Tourney ID 1524579 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $80 - 2007-04-27 00:40:26 (ET)
Table: 24 (real money) Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 1 - JAYNESEO ($3020 in chips)
Seat 2 - DEWEYDEWDEW ($930 in chips)
Seat 3 - ANNAMAY ($6125 in chips)
Seat 4 - DANILUC ($2455 in chips)
Seat 5 - CENTURION457 ($2220 in chips)
Seat 6 - PSTMEATL ($2170 in chips)
Seat 7 - JCKCMC88 ($1645 in chips)
Seat 8 - ORIOLES1983 ($2770 in chips)
Seat 9 - SNATCHPOTS ($1810 in chips)
DANILUC - Posts small blind $40
CENTURION457 - Posts big blind $80
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAYNESEO [Ad Kd]
PSTMEATL - Calls $80
JCKCMC88 - Raises $240 to $240
ORIOLES1983 - Folds
SNATCHPOTS - All-In(Raise) $1810 to $1810
JAYNESEO - ???

Do you risk 2/3 of chips here?

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'd fold. If he's TT+, you're the dog here. At the same time, there's a raise infront, before he reraises all-in. I think you might have to give him a little bit of respect.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This looks to be fairly early in the tournament yet, right? Blinds are only 40/80 at this point. UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, and MP reraises all in. I think you dump the AK. That's a lot of action in front of you. You're almost surely behind at this point to at least one of them. AK suited is a really good starting hand, but it is still primarily a drawing hand and almost always has to improve to win. So, yeah, I say dump it.

Edit: posted at same time, so see above as well.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, didn't know if I was just being a puss or actually making a good lay down. I'm kinda gun shy after this past week of horrible beats :eek:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is closer than you guys think. Chris' AK thread applies perfectly here.

What is his range in your eyes?

If it's close to:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 43.375% 31.03% 12.35% 17532855 6976617.00 { AdKd }
Hand 1: 56.625% 44.28% 12.35% 25019943 6976617.00 { TT+, AKs, AKo }

Then we're actually getting pot odds to call, and that's a pretty tight range.

If you can see him pushing with a wider range than that (specifically with big aces), then we're getting even more equity in the pot.

If we fold, we're still in great chip position. If we call and win, we'll be in great chip position (~5300 chips). If we call and lose, we'll be significantly shorter stacked, but we'll still have room to manoeuvre (~1200 chips).

I play a little looser in MTTs, and I probably push and gamble to get a big chip advantage, but I think we could go both ways here. Fold and keep at it with our solid stack, or gamble to build an even bigger one.

I'm interested in hearing more replies.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JCKCMC88 has still to act, he's the Original raiser. I think he might call the push. Plus, Villain is pretty tight, as OP said. I don't see him RERAISING all-in with anything less than a big PP.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might be closer, but I guess it depends a lot more on personal style then. The only key difference I'm seeing here (besides that goofy statement about not calling AK a drawing hand when in reality that is primarily what it is and will likely prove to be here) is that Chris' post examples all focus on late in an MTT at or near the bubble, etc. Here we are talking about still pretty early going (40/80 blinds = 4th or 5th level or so). I guess in my world, the risk vs reward at this stage isn't worth it even if the numbers are close. But again, we're seeing UTG, UTG+1, and MP bet, raise, and reraise, respectively. To me that says get out of the way.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what all those numbers represent.

WildCard_QQ

WildCard_QQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is tough... based on the fact that you had a early raise, and then an all in reraise, basically, he is telling you he has a strong hand, why would you reraise all in to around 6 times of a previous raise of 240, the only reason i can put him on a bluff is because he knows thats for the rest of the other raisers money...

i would call this if there was not that 240 raise earlier...
but, another thing to keep in mind is that this does not kill you, while it does kill the original raiser, my guess is pocket jacks or 10s...

In which case you are in a race...

The only cards you do not want to see are pocket kings or aces, i personally would lay this down...

if there was not the early raise, i would re raise all in to eliminate everyone else and get ready for the race..

chances are he is sitting with pocket 10s, suited aq, or with a raise like that trying to overpower a small pocket pair like 5s or 6s, which is a good play on his part if that is the case, because ive gone all in woth pockets 3s, had 3 callers, needed to dodge a A Q K J and a 9, none of which came and i quadrupled up...

so, summed up
yes, fold

lol

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thread is over 2 years old.

Status