Early Out

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it really doesn't matter whether you get "bad Beat' on the first hand or 100th, however, 5th hand and actually my first playable hand and I am out....

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Try ten times bb and see what happens next time!

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ahh... you've got to love the old 74s in the BB!

I would say that you're opening raise is too small. At 75bb deep I would make it 2.5x-3x. Also, your c-bet is much too small. With 3 opponents and a fairly board, I would be 6-8bb. Yes, you have a very strong hand, but it's by no means unbeatable. By betting 2bb, it allows the players left to act to see a very cheap turn if they are on a draw. HJ's min-raise makes no sense to me here, but certainly BB's call makes a lot of sense. I hate the shove here, unless you know that villain is going to call with almost anything - but remember, occasionally even when you're miles ahead they will luck out on you. The calls are even more horrible than the shove, but there we go. We can only control our own actions. Personally, I would have called the raise and seen the turn. Then I would check/call and re-evaluate on the river.

Having said that, I would have made notes on both players here and if ever the same situation came up again, I would seriously consider the shove against one opponent, but not two.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well thought out, here I am in the next tourney 10th place of 11 players and the good old RNG strikes again,

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I agree with Matt here. Your opening was too small, it allow to many loose hands to come on board. You need to push those guys away at first sight.
On the flop I think your play was ok, but the mistake made at the beginning kind of killed you there.
Nonetheless, it was bad luck...

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Well thought out, here I am in the next tourney 10th place of 11 players and the good old RNG strikes again,
Yeah, this was just unfortunate, you made the right move there my friend.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely standard play, villain just hit his flush, and of course you could have raised bigger preflop so that the player with 74s had not so good pot odds to call

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should have raise at least 3.5 or 4 bb preflop to make the bb fold his hand , however you were unlucky because you were 65% favourite to win the hand...

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey CONMAN,
In this hand, the money was going in no matter what, it's just poker. One of those times when you need that A and it doesn't show. As to the first one, it's a hand from which we should all learn 2 things : With a hand we want to open raise with, never make it easy for the BB to defend. And more importantly, when you hit the flop, you must protect your hand against draws. Nothing wrong with making mistakes, the real mistake is not to learn from them.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nothing wrong with this at all. Villain makes a standard open and you shoving for 11bb with AKs is absolutely the right play. You just ran into it this time. GG.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone says that the min raise bet was a mistake, this is so at high limits, where regulars are played, in simple and cheap games no tables and logic work, or work at 10%
it's good that you flew out right away and didn't waste a lot of time, the program just said-sorry, buddy, today this guy with 74 should be in the prizes

what do you say to that? and for a few dozen such hands that you could put here?

Attachments

• 002.PNG
    002.PNG
    552.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Снимок.PNG001.PNG
    Снимок.PNG001.PNG
    553.2 KB · Views: 9

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It really doesn't matter much whether you bet 2 or 3bb at the start of the tournament, because if the player decides to go into the pot then a 1bb difference (20 chips) doesn't matter, but still, if you have a good hand, it's better to bet 3bb so that after the flop, if you hit the flop well, you had the opportunity to increase the pot without scaring your opponent with an unnecessarily large bet !!! But the next 2bb bet is not good, in my opinion, you should increase the pot by 50-60% then watch the turn and act according to circumstances !!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not really a "bad beat", when a strong draw gets there, because the draw has significant equity on the flop. In this case maybe 35% or something in that ballpark. And even if it was a "bad beat", those are just part of the game, and its more important to focus on, what we control, which is our own decisions in the hand. And in the AQ hand, I dont really like any of your decisions.

Preflop you min-raised with 75BB stacks, whereas in some other hands you raise to 3BB with sub 20BB stacks, which is totally backwards. And it does matter. When stacks are deep, we want to raise enough to avoid to many multiway pots like this one and give the blinds a bad price to defend. Like maybe 3BB. And who knows? Maybe 74s actually fold, if you go to 3BB, whereas against a min-raise he would make a mistake by not seeing a flop.

You flop top two, and obviously you need to C-bet such a strong hand for value, but you go incredibly small. That sizing is leaving chips on the table, and it also induced a weird min-raise from the player next to act, which the two other guys then called. After that you jammed, which was an overbet, and this is only a good play, if people are bad enough to actually call with hands like those, they had. You dont mind, if the flushdraw fold, but its a disaster, if the guy with A7 gets away on the flop, since he is drawing basically dead.

If you make it a more reasonable size like 100 chips, then you most likely dont get raised, and you go 3-4 ways to the turn. When the flushdraw comes in, you can then check, and maybe the guys behind check back. A7 certainly did not like that card either, so he would not have bet the turn for sure. Or if he did, and BB now check-jam, you can fold and not lose your entire stack. Assuming the turn gets checked through, pot is around 500-600 with 1.300 left behind, and if BB lead out with his flush, you can just call and not lose your entire stack.

So yes this hand is a bit of a bad beat, at least in the sense, that you got all the chips in on flop against two opponents with around 60-65% equity. But if you had sized your bets better, both preflop and on the flop, you dont need to loose your entire stack and be out after just 5 hands. And this is important. Setups like top two pair against a flush are part of the game, but we dont always need to go broke to them with deep stacks.

The AKs vs. KK hand is just a standard "flip", and the only concerning thing is the way, you frame it. "The RnG strikes again". What are you talking about? You were the second shortest stack left, so of course you will be among the players to not cash a decent amount of the time. This has nothing to do with the RnG, but it might have something to do with the way you played all the hands prior to this one. Maybe you could have done something different in those hands, so you were actually the chip leader and could afford to run AK into KK.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I know it really doesn't matter whether you get "bad Beat' on the first hand or 100th, however, 5th hand and actually my first playable hand and I am out....
I think you just have bad luck in this hand