Daily Double A - KK in BB

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads:
ARIK: Seems inexperienced, pretty straightforward. Has shown to overvalue pocket pairs. Something like you would see out of someone who has only played 5-6 months.
Play4fun: Calling station donk, made a lot of chips on an ace-rag boat
dads5brats: Got badly coolered once, also seems to be of questionable experience. Shown down AQ that lost to the A-rag boat mentioned for Play4fun
ohiochic: Has shown down only winning hands. VVVV nitty, has not shoved since I have been at table.
Hero: pure TAG, have not shown down a single hand at this table, about 15/14/3 stats

full tilt poker Game #3672416303: Daily Double - A (27509427), Table 147 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:53:29 ET - 2007/09/25
Seat 1: ARIK (5,860)
Seat 2: Tigme2x (3,360)
Seat 3: MercyFlush (4,185)
Seat 4: beckerdt (2,380), is sitting out
Seat 5: Play4fun1444 (4,010)
Seat 6: dads5brats (730)
Seat 7: TILTED_TC (590)
Seat 8: ohiochic (3,070)
Seat 9: HERO (6,900)
ohiochic posts the small blind of 40
HERO posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Kd Ks]
beckerdt has returned
ARIK raises to 250
Tigme2x folds
MercyFlush folds
beckerdt folds
Play4fun1444 calls 250
dads5brats raises to 730, and is all in
TILTED_TC folds
ohiochic raises to 3,070, and is all in
HERO has 15 seconds left to act
HERO has requested TIME

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Odd. I would put the on high cards or lower pairs. I highly doubt one of them had Aces. You can't really fold.
What was the outcome?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been like 5 minutes; I'm not posting the outcome until I get some more feedback.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess a case for folding could be made, but I know I couldn't do it myself. I'm not sure there are many cases for folding KK in MTTs, especially these action-filled daily doubles...

I think the nit will do this with QQ and KA sometimes, no?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could be an isolation raise, I'd probably call.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll wait a little longer for responses and will post the results tomorrow.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd read ohiochic's bet as an isolation raise, and agree with Chuck: while it represents AA, it could've been made just as easily with AK or QQ.

Biggest issue to my mind is the two players left to act. Both could do a fair bit of damage to your stack if they hang around and hit something. Based on your reads, what do you think the chances of the following are:

1 - you call, and they both either call or shove
2 - you shove, and one or both calls

I'd make my mind up based on the answers to those questions. If there's a case for folding, in my mind it'd be because you believe that no matter what you do you're not going to be able to shake them off and having them hang around will lessen your odds to the point where it's just not worthwhile.

I'd give us a pretty good chance against the players that have already shoved, but it's these two that will ruin the party methinks.

T

TheReaper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don't think you can lay this down, to me the only question would be call or shove. If you think you're better than arrik, which I think you are, you can push him off the pot and probably the donk as well. Obviously the one to be concerned about is ohiochic.

Arik--given you're description of him I'd put him on a pocket pair or a big A. Standard raise from UTG should suggest a fairly strong hand, but inexperience may loosen up his raising req a bit.
Play4fun--meh, who knows. If he's playing A rag this could be anything.
dads5brats--I'd probably put this around PP like JJ's or QQ's, or another big A. Being shortstacked he's probably got somewhat of a made hand already.
Ohiochic--Not sure on this one. The allin is obviously suggesting a monster, QQ's or better. I wouldn't rule out AA's here, but at the same time I've seen people push with AK here as well.

If it were me I'd shove and try to drive Arik and the donk off. At least then if you do lose you've still got plenty of chips and the blinds aren't killing you.

Just my .02

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'm just a nit or something:

HERO folds
ARIK calls
Play4fun folds

ARIK shows TT
dads5brats shows 33
ohiochic shows AA

AA holds up
ohiochic rakes in a huge pot

The way I figured, there had been so little action at this table for quite a while, this explosion with me in the BB definitely must have had me beat (or I was barely ahead in a 4 way pot :()

Also, I felt that I was the best player at the table by far, so this risk would not have been worth it, when I could just use my chips to outplay the other players later.