* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero calls [350]
* * Total folds this street: 1
* * Potsize: 1050
Turn:
* * J♣
* * SB bets [1,240, and is all in]

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

No reads, villian was about 30/0/inf over 20 hands. Should I shove or fold?

R

RMGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be a bit worried in this spot, because I could easily see Villan holding KQ, JT, or even AT. Tough to lay trips down, though. I'd probably call and end up busting out.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK.. I am not going to be nice and I apologize ahead of time. You are in middle position with QTo. You say to yourself, hmm.. this isn't really a raising hand, maybe I can see a cheap flop, I will call.. but before I call, I need to know what kind of flops I need to hit to given my weak hand... let's go through some possiblities..

AKJ rainbow is a neat one
QQQ is even better
TTT is gonna kick some ass
QQT is pretty damn good
QTT is still gonna be nice
QQx nice, good trips..
TTx nice, good trips..

I am going to the mat with any of those outcomes... if I don't... I really shouldn't be playing poker or limping without any clue of how I am going to play this hand...

but wait, what if someone raises in LP? I have to probably fold, because my hand basically sucks ass. This is really a button hand in a limped pot so I know I am going to get the odds I need to actually have any kind of chance to win some money here.

... but it's early on and I bet this table, which I really have no reads on, will just let me see a cheap flop.

You played this hand for exactly this flop.. and if there is an AT or KT out there, well, too ****ing bad.. you want your chips, all of them, in there.

Christ.. this is not rocket science.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im getting it in on the flop tbh.
Vilians range is super wide and Tx,Ax and alot of bluffs are more likely then AT,KT,JT imo, KQd(and KdJd witch is now thinking FD+middle pair=arwww in!) is probably also in his range and that would have hit the turn but the shove just screams dont call imo so im thinking villian haves some thing like A-rag or T-2 and is scared of the drawy board.

Also i probably raise or fold here preflop more likely fold,kinda hate the open limp.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK.. I am not going to be nice and I apologize ahead of time. You are in middle position with QTo. You say to yourself, hmm.. this isn't really a raising hand, maybe I can see a cheap flop, I will call.. but before I call, I need to know what kind of flops I need to hit to given my weak hand... let's go through some possiblities..

QQQ is even better
QQT is pretty damn good
QQx nice, good trips..
TTx nice, good trips..

I am going to the mat with any of those outcomes... if I don't... I really shouldn't be playing poker or limping without any clue of how I am going to play this hand...

but wait, what if someone raises in LP? I have to probably fold, because my hand basically sucks ass. This is really a button hand in a limped pot so I know I am going to get the odds I need to actually have any kind of chance to win some money here.

... but it's early on and I bet this table, which I really have no reads on, will just let me see a cheap flop.

You played this hand for exactly this flop.. and if there is an AT or KT out there, well, too ****ing bad.. you want your chips, all of them, in there.

A little unnecessarily harsh but true :)

J

jyow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

QQQ is even better
QQT is pretty damn good
QQx nice, good trips..
TTx nice, good trips..

ok, had a day to think about this and i have to say you're right, though i agree with the other guy who said i should have shoved on the flop. i think the J on the turn is the worst card in the deck for me cuz i could easily put him on KQ so i folded. i think the biggest mistake here is the call on the flop. no worries on the harshness man, sometimes you need the tough love to really get things straight.

whiteboy

whiteboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i he does have you dominated, i don't see him going all-in like that, as you wouldn't be calling with many beaten hands (except ones like this i guess). he would rather bet like half the pot or something. looks like a scared raise to me. i call.

R

raypie1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
probably the villian has AJ+, and think high pair and maybe a straight on the river, and dont care about your hand. next time call with trips, and maybe a fullhouse on the river.

jgmotorfan

jgmotorfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree that most times you pkay this hand full throttle after flop but if you dont you are stuck in a traphand as i like to call it on internet. im gussing thatthe allinpush is coming from a bully type who has a streak going
if thats the case the website has trapped you into a unfoldable hand and he is daring you to call