Meer_Leverkuzen888

Meer_Leverkuzen888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
The next player raises by a 1000 chips... is it worth it to find the flush?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231226-231853_PokerStars.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226-231853_PokerStars.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 46
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I would fold. It would not be an acceptable risk for me. And in general, I wouldn't play with such junk :)

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You've got a 36% (approx) chance of hitting a flush, and a probable $2,400 pot to win for your 1000 call - not worth it.
In addition with the two Jacks on board there's a chance of a full house coming in, especially if your opponent has a pair (16% chance of a full house if they have); and there's also a chance that your flush will be beaten.
Definitely not worth putting in nearly half your stack.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why it's not good to get into the game with 10,2s, because there might be a stronger flush draw out there, and there are also full possibilities on the table, so the fold is better here.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I read this right you say the pot is 400 and then someone opens that betting for that round for 1000? If so, on this board with 2 Js out there and it looking like a micro stakes tourney this bet is almost always Jx. So you have a 10 high flush draw and going against a villain who likely has trip Jacks and could have a boat or draw to a boat so this is a clear fold. Even without the 2 Js on the board you are calling 1000 to win an additional 1400 which is not enough for a flush draw anyway much less in this case where there is boat possibilities as well. Fold and as others have said why are we playing 102 suited even if its for a limp? You would have to be going against guaranteed slot machine type players that would pay you off every time you hit to playing hands like this.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are drawing to a T high flush on a paired board with no straightdraw or overcard to give you extra equity, and with no current showdown value. This is pretty much as bad, as a draw can be, so unless you are getting great pot odds, its a fold. The reason why, this is so bad, is because, its very easy to "get there" but still have the losing hand. Lets say river is Qd giving you a flush. Thats great. But not so much if the opponent has QJ, because then they just made a full house. Or they have Kd9d giving them a better flush. Or they have AA or AJ, in which case they had you drawing dead since the flop.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You have to put in 41% of the pot if you call, and with only one card to come, if you have 9 clean outs, you will hit this flush 18% of the time.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Simple solution is you should fold T2s preflop.

You're not getting good enough immediate odds to call or even implied odds, so this is an easy fold. Especially as when the flush does come in, you will still sometimes lose to better flushes or boats.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no, you shouldn't call with these cards anymore just throw these cards away and don't play even with these cards, they're bad cards if you play with these cards you'll lose a lot of chips even the highest flash will collect chips from you think about the game and what cards to use to play with

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To tell the truth you shouldn't even be there, what are you doing voluntarily entering a pot of 10 2s?

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
First of all, I would pay attention to which country the opponent is from. It is also important to know the manner of the opponent's game in the last 10-15 minutes. I would give 5-10% for the probability of a flush. I would give 30-40% for the probability of a full house. But your potential flush will be too weak to take any chances. Therefore, it is wiser to reset and wait for a more promising combination.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If he has an AJ you lose, and if he has J you are already down and you desperately want a diamond, so I wouldn't risk almost half of my stack for a flush draw.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The next player raises by a 1000 chips... is it worth it to find the flush?
I think you using the word chase says it all---we never want to be chasing winning hands- we want to have proper odds and or other ways to win the hand. The issue with this spot is even hitting the flush does not mean we win.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
call and hit simple game no worries.

Full Flush Poker