CCOP ME .. how should this have been played ?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking I was ahead but you were betting strong and luvs was calling so I felt I was getting two for one on every dollar and not forgeting I had bottom set that felt like enough.

I definitaly should have CR the turn but it was a mix of being to tight (scurred )and not wanting to chase luvs out which was stupid because like you said I wasn't gonna get much on river unless someone hits and beats me.

ok so checked around to you and you bet 750 , luvs calls , I raise 750,
your move ? (thought about this , figured you'd put me all in , which is normally what I'm looking for )

or you bet 750 luvs calls an I reraise all in .
(thought about this to try and just take it down here but I guess the bottom line is I'm a pussy.) I didn't want to risk my tourn life on it that early on .

almost cost me the pot but got lucky. :)

thanks chuck and everyone who responded , it was nice to get so many.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you shove, AQ is probably stacking off, yes. Then it's gg all, unless an A or Q goes off.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so checked around to you and you bet 750 , luvs calls , I raise 750,
your move ? (thought about this , figured you'd put me all in , which is normally what I'm looking for )

no!!! Check-minraising could even make me fold AQ (probably not, but it'll become glaringly obvious what you're holding - at least 2 pair or better).

or you bet 750 luvs calls an I reraise all in .
(thought about this to try and just take it down here but I guess the bottom line is I'm a pussy.) I didn't want to risk my tourn life on it that early on .

Now this would be a killer option. I'd be absolutely stuck. I don't know if you're overvaluing AJ or running a bluff (I'd been pretty active), and I'd be at a very tough decision.

Jay, NEVER be afraid to bust out of a tourney with a set. I can think of very few times when it's ok to fold them in tourneys. Those are the golden hands that you wish and hope for man!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never hesitated to get all my money in by at least the turn if I have a set (even bottom set ) before the draws can hit but luvs calling threw me off and I misplayed the hand trying to keep her in .

I was extra scurred because the tourney meant so much to me as a cc'er and was $33 , which after a strong run the day of tourney was still 60% of my BR.

I also played horribly at the final table and rightfully should kill myself for a 5th place finish. but at the same time was very happy to place at all among so many good players . thanks for all the help chuck , you the man. :)