mellyy85

mellyy85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bo dog sit n go blinds 15 30

i have about 650 in chips

one palyer has about 900 and he just took a real bad beat im in the bb and he pushes all in on the next hand everyone folds and i look down at Ah 6c and i think for a moment and call based on the fact that he was on tilt. Was this a bad call?

comes down to my second question you can relate it to this question or not
but should u call off all your chips if you think ur at best at 60 40 favorite before the flop????

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bo dog sit n go blinds 15 30

i have about 650 in chips

one palyer has about 900 and he just took a real bad beat im in the bb and he pushes all in on the next hand everyone folds and i look down at Ah 6c and i think for a moment and call based on the fact that he was on tilt. Was this a bad call?

comes down to my second question you can relate it to this question or not
but should u call off all your chips if you think ur at best at 60 40 favorite before the flop????

I would wait for a better moment personally. It's better to make the push all in with A6os than it is to call one.

Also, 60/40 for me is not a very comfortable statistic for me to put my tournament life on the line, especially if I think I can make some chips back up first or wait for a better time (And you have PLENTY of time to wait for a better hand)

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should u call off all your chips if you think ur at best at 60 40 favorite before the flop????

This to me is situational. If I'm shortstacked and I need to make something happen to get back in contention well yes, I'll make this call just about every time. But if I have a big stack way above average and I'm getting challenged by another big stack then I'd probably fold, because there are other ways to keep piling chips that are less risky than a 60/40.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I think about calling all ins, my first question I ask myself is "Are there hands that I dominate if I call and are there hands that dominate me?"

Here with A-6 os there really isn't any hand you dominate except maybe A-2 thru A-5 which is not likely considering the possible range. There are hands I may be a slight favorite over but none I really dominate. As for hands that villan can have that dominate me there are loads. Almost any other ace or any pair 66 or higher has me a huge underdog. Even a hand like K-10 is only a slight underdog to my one over. So even if villan is on tilt you are still not in a good spot almost no matter what he has.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really cant see a call with a-6. Maybe if I had him covered with evtra then id call this but I wait for a better time, your in no hurry with the blinds where they are. You can get a much better hand to do that with.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fooooold. He's open-shoving 30 Big Blinds, which is pretty stupid, even if he has A9. In other words, even if he IS tilting, he's often tilting with a better hand than you have. And when he's not, you're a really slim favorite over even a hand like 79.

It's almost impossible for you to be dominating... he'd have to have a weaker 6, because even if he has a weaker Ace, your kicker is so low that the pot will usually split when neither of you pair up.

But I'm guessing this is a freeroll or something so it doesnt really matter

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call off all my chips in this situation for the simple fact that villian has 30BB and no-one would be willing to push all thier chips in the middle unless the person pushing has a strong ace or PP, tilt or not.
I have been on the recieving end of a badbeat numerous times and immediately after, wake-up with a strong PP and push all-in hoping someone thinks I'm on tilt and calls with a weaker hand.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way i call this. i'll push with that weak ace if i'm short stacked and no raise but all you have is that ace, that six is pretty much a meaningless card. if he hits the king or queen that he's holding then forget about it. wait for a better spot, because he's bound to do it again.

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament play, All my chips are never in preflop unless I am the one pushing first in a LP, or I got KK/AA. Dont take alot of winning hands to get to the final table, but only one lost all in to be out.

Although like they said, if you was hurting on chip posiion at the time, yes, but the BB and the others stack size said it was early in the game.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should u call off all your chips if you think ur at best at 60 40 favorite before the flop????

Why is noone answering this question? I think the A-little was a pretty easy one. But when, if ever, do you call off all your chips as a 60/40 at best?

Why is everyone avoiding this question?

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of other factors. Not a clear cut answer for that one. In general, just 60/40 odds? No

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About calling, no I'd fold this. There's a huge difference between calling an all in and pushing yourself.

As to the 60/40 question, once again it depends. The vast percentage of the time no, but there are situations such as if I'm heads up with an AK and facing a raise, then yes I'll take the 60/40.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all know how cards tend to come in waves, average maybe 3 winners in a row. I find that beats often will come the same way. This is fuzzy logic for sure, but your read that villain was on tilt, and the fact you were a bit short stacked and could use something exciting to happen mitigate in my mind what in other situations would be a very bad call.

You have no odds suggesting 60/40 in your favor. His push with any ace, or suited connectors or even plain old naked connectors, makes this really a 50/50 shot.

I think you relied on a gut feeling a bit too much. Poker seldom rewards gut feelings over the long term. Perhaps a contest here or there might be affected by some undefined attenuation to the Poker God frequency, but that signal is noisy at best........

VVVVV

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heck no , i wouldnt call my dog with a6 ,you got 20 times the bb , why push it now with crap. people on tilt wake up with good hands too.n e ways , did you win ? next question 60/40 ,not to good unless forced.

drgilbert4

drgilbert4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way!!

No way should you call this mess. He even has you covered. If you were already in the money and you guys were the 2 short stacks against a huge stack and you had him covered, then you could consider a call in with A 6. Otherwise you should muck'em. You should be playing so tight in the early stage of a sit and go that you would never be in a short stack situation unless you had AA or KK busted in a bad beat situation. Never put all your chips in on a preflop CALL this early unless you are looking at pocket aces!!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No and probably

First question, no I would not have called a raise under the circumstances stated. A6.

Second point, most of the time. 60/40, whichever way u put it, means u r ahead.

However, a few probably no`s.

Last night, MTT, 800 entries, 83rd place, 10k in chips (about 10 times bb)

Shortie goes all in, 6k chips, big stack makes it 10k to go. So what am I behind? AA/KK - AK 55/45. and that is it. So, I knew I was ahead, within reason - the big stack would not want me out of the pot with AA/KK. But I fold. I think "better to be a live coward than a dead hero"

They both show, shortie have J9o, bigstack AQ. bigstack wins, Ace high.

But I made the money, about double my entry. 65th place. I know now that if I had called I would have won the pot, but, IMO, folding was right when I folded.

The big one we have had on this site is in the past "when would you fold AA preflop. Now whether or not I could is doubtful, but the senario goes something like this.

wsop, 4 players left. Prize money 1st $8m 2nd $4m 3rd $2m 4th $1m.

U r delt AA in the big blind. U r short stack, 2nd and 3rd place are about the same, chip leader has a massive chip lead.

UTG all in, next to act all in, chip leader calls.

U know u r ahead. What u do know, however, is that someone is going out. Your winnings will immediatly go from $1m to $2m if you fold. Possibly as big as $4m if the chip leader wins. What do u do???

Easy fold for me :) (in fact I think I`ll start a poll)

Poker Chips - History of Chips