Call or fold ?

monster

monster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really think u need to start writeing more info so theres no guessing ....really its not helping any1 or ur self by not giving as much info as u can get out of the questions ur asking ......:eek:

K

Kick The Bucket

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believe this can guy is labelled "advanced member".
This post is outrageously incorrect.
Im not gonna start another war but everyone else ignore this BS.

What are you talking about? What has he said that is "outrageously incorrect"? Seemed like a fairly simple, sensible analysis to me.

M

m00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believe this can guy is labelled "advanced member".
This post is outrageously incorrect.
Im not gonna start another war but everyone else ignore this BS.

well, at least we can say that your status "amateur" is chosen correctly.

Very good post there from you.. You dont write why you think he's sooo incorrect, youre only hating.. Why you dont share your wisdom with us?

Makes yourself look really good there man.. you are IT ! :)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen that push with AK so i would put him on AX i have even seen pushing with them missing the flop... Point in case i am in the bb i get AK i raise in limit, and i get re raised by UTG1 i hit an ace well he is pushing with 56os.... Thought it is hard to put him on any thing better then AX and don't forget hes on the button witch is key....
I do think you got out played. I have a tight image and it i see a time to bluff i will ;)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My question for you is why did you re-pop his raise pre-flop to then check on a flop that is as harmless as it could be without catching a set. Personally, I feel a min re-raise pre-flop is almost always a signal for AA or KK as it is begging to be called. Also, it appears that you checked in this situation because your instinct is you are facing a better pair so don't try to talk yourself into making a mistake by staying in this hand.

^^this +1

There is no need for villian to 3bet your 3xBB raise cause he's got pos anyway, yet he does ....
At this point I'd be expecting him to have AK or 1010+.
I'd fold here, too.

M

MIKECRUMBS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

theres no reason to play against a tight player online there are so many donks around pick on one of them. he probably had QQ KK AA if he was that tight. then again you might have got him on one of those hands where tight players know everyone thinks there tight and he pushed you with 22. ALSO REMEMBER THAT ALMOST HALF THE TIME YOU HAVE A POCKET PAIR SOMEONE ON THE TABLE ALSO HAS A PAIR ITS CRAZY BUT TRUE ONLINE ONLY NOT IN LIVE GAMES

W

Washout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If ya had a feeling a tight player that strong fold should b a easy choice,but a free roll ya can afford to make mistakes learn from them and apply the outcome,but playing online 2-3 ppl usually hit the pot so makes a good race alot of times gl

P

pkrook

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...

call if you are feeling lucky
fold if you are not

:)

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that you wrote this post proves that position is key to poker. The worst thing happened and the tight player raised you. You only have a 7-1 chance to hit trips and make a really good hand. With both your chips stacks it's a fold preflop after a raise in my book. Your not going to make enough to justify this call the times you could loose.

If i was the tight player i wouldn't have you on 99 raising 3x the blind. So he must have you on a good hand. But then to raise you min he's asking for a call. He has you beat before it's begun.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its good that you put the opponent on a range. That is the first step in analyzing the situation.
In this case I dont think you have the EV to call, vs the range that you put him on.
Sometimes when I want to call even though I know it isnt the smartest thing to do I try to remind myself that there is easier money out there.

And by the way, people seem to think tight players will play the hand very passive, but tightness doesnt say anything about the agressiveness.

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You knew all the answers. He is a tight player, he has position and he is raising. He obviously has the goods.

Also...what image have you been projecting? If you are projecting a tight image then you gotta think he knows that and would respect your raise from your early/mid position pre-flop unless he had a monster hand.

H

honos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you realy sure that hes so tight, its a clear fold. and if you sure like this I dont understand your re-raise?!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that you wrote this post proves that position is key to poker. The worst thing happened and the tight player raised you. You only have a 7-1 chance to hit trips and make a really good hand. With both your chips stacks it's a fold preflop after a raise in my book. Your not going to make enough to justify this call the times you could loose.

If i was the tight player i wouldn't have you on 99 raising 3x the blind. So he must have you on a good hand. But then to raise you min he's asking for a call. He has you beat before it's begun.
Thats right and position is the key even in limit.....

D

dillingerdis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well right off the bat, me personally, i would have limped under the gun with that hand. You could wait to see any other raises and then compare that aggression to previous hands played with that person. Plus you would have put in less chips, and therefore have and easier time getting away from it. If he was betting big on the flop, you may be beat.

Since that didnt happen though, i think i would lay id down here to try and save the chips you have for another hand. People put too much faith in pocket pairs, and you technically only have middle pair. I dont think it is worth it to find out.

S

sexytamuman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldve folded. if you think your beat than dont risk your entire tourney on a hand that your not sure of

MATelford

MATelford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, at least we can say that your status "amateur" is chosen correctly.

Very good post there from you.. You dont write why you think he's sooo incorrect, youre only hating.. Why you dont share your wisdom with us?

Makes yourself look really good there man.. you are IT ! :)

I said up above y

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i would all in in that case, sure he could have pocket everything better but the chances of tha is slim, he could have 10 sometghing but that agian are a little slim. by the way the blinds are so high and ther is so much in the pot, and he is first to act i think it was a bluff, he probably would hve bet less on the flop if he had a good or great hand, he knew if he did not bet u probably would (which you would have) and then he thinks your trying to steal the pot but in no way can he call cause of aj or aq

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You basically dont have a clue what he has so I would suggest you fold. Most likely he is much stronger and has outplayed you. If your hand is weaker then any of the hands you named you should not be in the pot.

Folding in Poker