Call or Fold ?

BillHall

BillHall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get into "scrums" in tourneys...

...I don't think that you have a good enough read on the two all ins ahead of you to justify calling, but that's just me, I am very conservative. :cool:

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice here is pretty bad from what I've read. 3 handed this is a insta call against 2 short stacks

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should call this as you are crushing their ranges.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clear fold against what could be 12 outs of overcards. Had it been any other position than the BB, you would have raised to 450-600 and could call a push from either stack receiving the right price to call.

Duh.

A

Aurelio H

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i would fold pretty easy but i play kinda tight and 10/10. all i really worry about is cashing and it usually works for me.

BigLick69

BigLick69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold the tens here too. Defo 2 over cards U have to dodge at least or an over-pair to your tens.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold the tens here too. Defo 2 over cards U have to dodge at least or an over-pair to your tens.

How do you figure this? Shortstack is desperate and second player is a loose maniac. Their shoving ranges are very wide and TT is a healthy favorite over them -- it's very probable that one has an underpair and/or they are sharing at least card. And you could certainly have a situation where they both have A-rag.

BigLick69

BigLick69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that could possibly be sharing Ace rag but can you know for certain. That would be the ideal situation for 10 10. most of the time here you will be against 2 over cards at least. you have to put their rage at Qj Kj KQ Ax or a pp (at least one of them) You might have the pot odds to call even with this. But I'm a tight player so for me its a fold. :)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that could possibly be sharing Ace rag but can you know for certain. That would be the ideal situation for 10 10. most of the time here you will be against 2 over cards at least. you have to put their rage at Qj Kj KQ Ax or a pp (at least one of them) You might have the pot odds to call even with this. But I'm a tight player so for me its a fold. :)

You can't know for certain, that's why you have to put them on a range. TT is way ahead of both shoving ranges. Facing 2-3 overcards and getting 3-1 pot odds is a profitable call.

R

RMGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hands of our opponents are pretty much what we could expect from a LAG and shortstack and if we put them into Pokerstove we see the following.
ThTc 37%, KsJc 31%, Ad7d 32%.
I'd fold. As noted above though, the odds are about right to call, so an argument could be made for either move (as we're already seeing).

I think it's important to note that we're hardly 'crushing' anyone here. In fact, this pot is lost by TT almost 2/3rds of the time. It can certainly still be worth the shot considering the conditions (will still have a modest stack if we lose, will knock out two opponents and have a great stack if we win), but realize going in that we're not the favorite to win the pot. In this case, the 'field' is the favorite to win.

ftph8sme

ftph8sme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no risk in calling.

you win, you win
you lose, you are even and playing heads up.

I'd take the chance.

but I play for profit, so hm... maybe it's different for others.
love this quote.. i play it like he does every time =)

Folding in Poker