Bodog $5 MTT - AQs flops top pair top kicker

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low buy-in 5.00 muti-table tournament NL bodog, started with 60 players got down to 34 players after break, full table 9 players I have 2100 K, blind level is 50-100 . I have Ad, Qc middle pos, I raise preflop 3x blind to 300 everyone folds except bb ( he has 2400k) who calls, the flop comes Qs 9d Jh , BB checks, I raise to 500 he calls, bb checks I raise to 1000 on turn, bb calls,flop on turn is 4d then he moves allin on river and Im left w 400 in chips and I call , he shows river card is blank 2x Qh 9 s for two pair . I probably played hand not good , I thought of folding on river but was pot committed, I knew this opponent would call from bb with really anything.. Maybe I should have raised 5x knowing this and also probably should have folded my raise to 500 and bb call after flop, given up the hand thinking he has two pr on flop or bluff him go allin after flop. Please give me some comments?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult. you've hit top pair, but it's a really dangerous flop. When he calls, has he hit, or is he drawing? Has he got two pair or a straight, or has he got a 10 or a lower pair? Really difficult, you made the right play pre-flop, nice bet post flop, but you've now got a big pot / big pot odds, and it's hard to tell where you are.

What to do on the turn? You don't really want to check and either give free card or induce bluff, but you can't really bet anything without being pot committed. I'd probably go all in here.

So maybe just write it off as one of those hands - your opponent was behind preflop, and has hit pretty much his perfect flop.

What you absolutely cannot do though is fold the river, and leave yourself with 400.

(couple of things - the K after chip amount is superfluous - you had 2,100 chips, not 2,100 thousand chips. And if you are first to bet, you are betting, not raising).

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult. you've hit top pair, but it's a really dangerous flop. When he calls, has he hit, or is he drawing? Has he got two pair or a straight, or has he got a 10 or a lower pair? Really difficult, you made the right play pre-flop, nice bet post flop, but you've now got a big pot / big pot odds, and it's hard to tell where you are.

What to do on the turn? You don't really want to check and either give free card or induce bluff, but you can't really bet anything without being pot committed. I'd probably go all in here.

So maybe just write it off as one of those hands - your opponent was behind preflop, and has hit pretty much his perfect flop.

What you absolutely cannot do though is fold the river, and leave yourself with 400.

(couple of things - the K after chip amount is superfluous - you had 2,100 chips, not 2,100 thousand chips. And if you are first to bet, you are betting, not raising).
When my opponent calls he has hit two pr q9, also he actually is first to bet he was in BB and I was middle position yes the k is superfluous 2,100 Steve

S

sketchpad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just one of those hands that you think you're good but know you're beat...guess it all depends how he's been playing and what you've seen from him, does he chase his straights or only stay with hands...

ya gotta hope he's on a draw but oh well, better flops next time

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure I'm calling the river. There are wayyy to many hands that beat you unless you think he's just missed a draw.

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure I'm calling the river. There are wayyy to many hands that beat you unless you think he's just missed a draw.

yeah........but how do you fold at that point?...........i just dont see folding as a viable option there...........thats just me.

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't fold in this spot, could have pushed more before flop, probably the only way you win this hand!

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada