big blind 55

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so i was playing the freeroll riverboat rat graciously provided for us and heres how i went out...

3 people left at my table i get 55 in the big blind,

simola min raises , so i call ..

the flop came 7 7 4
he bets 150 i call

turn was a ten, im super low stack so i push thinking he has two over cards,

well he had ace seven...

would anyone else have played that different or quite possibly folded?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you give us more information, like stack sizes, payouts, blinds, reads, etc?

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok , stack sizes were fairly close, only an 18 man tourney, top 3 pay and 7 were left. blinds were 50 / 100 i dont really have any reads, i usually play with my gut .

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still kinda vague, would help to know what stack sizes are in relation to blinds and how often he is raising. Also, posting results before getting feedback isn't a good idea. Using a hand history converter is very helpful

Anyway, since you said you're shortstacked I would probably just push preflop.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see , well im not too big on the hand converters lol, well quite frankly because i dont take the time to learn how to use them... but thanks anway :)

ThTomM

ThTomM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on the way that the other player was playing before...knowing about what his preflop bet range was would have been helpful in this situation. If you were super low stack preflop I probably would have just gone all in preflop and just hope for a coin flip. With 7 people remaining in the tourney and you being super low stack, you would have needed to earn a substantial amount to at least make it into the money and you would be getting alright pot odds going all in preflop, better than 1:1 odds due to the blinds. I would consider this an all-in or fold hand. By just calling his raise you give him the chance to see the flop and the turn at his price. By going all in preflop, you could have won the pot by either him folding or by having a better hand than him; the only option that he would have had, would be to call you and hope for the better hand. If it was me and I had a really low stack it would have been an easy all in. Hope this helps

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aww, lol its freeroll, you did wrong that you pushed all in with 55 when table was 7 7 3 10.. You should preflop all in with that hand if you are super low stack. :F

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wuld fold preflop and wait for a good card to go allin. 55 is not a card to go allin or to call a raise...but is just my opinion,this is how i play a pair under 8...

I've got to disagree with you here. They guy min raised... Unless he has a pocket over, you clearly have equity to call this. There's no way I'd fold in the big blind to a min raise with any pocket pair, especially with how good your implied odds are if you hit a set.

OP- the guy got lucky. That happens a lot in poker.