Bad Fold in the cc tourney??

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im short stacked at the time and up against some of ccs best players,maybe im feeling a bit overawed ...

pokerstars Game #18005740899: Tournament #91254963, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2008/06/08 - 16:59:26 (ET)
Table '91254963 2' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: joker131 (3155 in chips)
Seat 3: juiceeQ (635 in chips)
Seat 4: malice777 (755 in chips)
Seat 5: jeremypantin (4500 in chips)
Seat 6: cycolist (2280 in chips)
Seat 7: pokerkatps (1710 in chips)
Seat 8: ognib6 (1985 in chips)
jeremypantin: posts small blind 15
cycolist: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to malice777 [Ac Ad]
pokerkatps: folds
ognib6: folds
joker131: folds
juiceeQ said, "Pretty new, joined last month"
juiceeQ: folds
malice777: raises 90 to 120
jeremypantin: folds
cycolist: calls 90
*** FLOP *** [5c 5s Kd]
cycolist: checks
malice777: bets 150
cycolist: raises 150 to 300
malice777: calls 150
*** TURN *** [5c 5s Kd] [6s]
jeremypantin said, "cool cool"
cycolist: bets 360
malice777 said, "A A"
malice777: folds

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC players cover the full spectrum of ability :)

I think you may have been ahead.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
malice777 said:
maybe im feeling a bit overawed ...
I think this may be the case. You said at the table, "I think he had a 5." Unless he was calling your raise from the BB with pocket 5's, what hand could he have possibly had that would have warranted his call?

You being short stacked, and if I were in your shoes, I would have pushed after his flop min. raise. If has a 5, so be it. I don't think it was the right move here to fold.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how you consider folding that shortstacked, and I never show weak folds like that guy was doing to Jerry Yang at the FT last year.
I might make some weak folds but I won't advertise it.
glad there's a new thread in this section, been the same all day.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst fold ever. How could you even CONSIDER folding that :S :S :S :S :S :S :S

First of all, the odds that he has a K is much higher than a 5 seeing as he called the preflop raise with what A5? 55? and you are completely committed to the pot being so short stacked. This is a flop shove 100% of the time.

Words cannot describe how bizzare this fold is..................................................................

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so were all agreed it was a bad fold,however given that i am now in 8th out of 18 left in with 2300 chips the guy who beat me is on 985 chips i think in the long term it may have turned out ok...

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now im chip leader with 8000 chips so all workin out well so far

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, thought you were toast after folding that low. Take it down Malice.

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crashed out in 11th place after 2 bad suckouts first with f house to higher f house then with A 10 to AK but learned a lot,only been playing online poker 9 mnths so still loads of learning to do.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These games are the best teaching tools you can find. The level of play here is mighty good and the banter is priceless.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with pushing to the flop minraise, ive played with cycolist before and he very very very rarely has a 5 in this situation.

Against a random villain, their range is large enough to easily push that flop

bypacheco

bypacheco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good, I would give raise in turn
First because you already were shortstack well

E hardly it would have one 5 could be with K in hand and X and flop did not offer draws to it In a great one you creak you would be in the front of the opponent;

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woww dude. you should be fistpumping when he puts you all-in with what is probably a K. incredibly bizarre fold. he called a 4x raise from you, the short stack, meaning he has no implied odds and there are very very few 5s, (55 and maaybe A5s) in his range, waaay more Ks. you can't just see monsters under the bed, you have to analyze the hand in a level headed fashion

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh god sorry but this is horrible.

he's doing this with KT+ as well as A5, which is the only feasible hand in his range that beats you (55 being so statistically unlikely), plus you're sufficiently short that he's calling with all of the above and might even call if he's bluffing with a missed Ax-type hand, so shove over the check-minraise.

Ok so were all agreed it was a bad fold,however given that i am now in 8th out of 18 left in with 2300 chips the guy who beat me is on 985 chips i think in the long term it may have turned out ok...

you're thinking about this wrong.

in the 'long term', folding when you should be calling or raising will cost you money. one tournament doesn't constitue the 'long term'. :)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, actually, completely ignoring the statistical unlikelihood of quads, he's probably never playing 55 this fast postflop. there's a good chance he wouldn't play A5 this fast either, but it's a little more possible. and 66 is ever so slightly possible. but all in all, you can't really ask for a better spot to get your money in than this one short of having the nuts with almost no chance of being outdrawn. but your hand is very close to the nuts against his range, and he's usually drawing to 2 outs

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to mention that 66-QQ are all likely doing this as well. So basically you have Kx, 66-QQ that you beat and you have probably have nothing that beats you as played on the flop, since he is going to be slowplaying quads/trips (A5) almost all the time here. And anyways all this is beside the point considering that because you were so short stacked it didn't matter what the board showed you had to play this hand to the end. You shouldn't have even considered the possibility of doing anything other than shoving the flop.

I can honestly say, this is one of the strangest folds i have ever seen/heard of in my life.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
feitr: not that it really matters at all, but we don't beat 66

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
>_< We would have beat 66 on the flop which is where all the money should have gone in. Turn is irrelevant, since he is putting hero all in no matter the turn card.

But yea i didn't actually pick up on that, because i kinda stopped reading after i realised he was actually going to fold the hand in that situation when he is 100% committed and a million miles ahead of villain's range.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poor Malice.... just remember, this is how you learn :)

Folding in Poker