Bad Call ?

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should ve bet more on both flop and turn, also the raise on the river should tell u that u re behind and that u should fold.... he wouldnt make that move with a Q or a deuce... and cause he called the flop bet it might very well be that he has a 4..

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have folded pre-flop with 3/4 off suit. But hey, you won the hand.

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded pre-flop with 3/4 off suit. But hey, you won the hand.

I thought the same thing but our guy here got beat by the 34os and he had the A3os..

As for the hand you played it well... the call on the flop and turn tells you he has a piece but not much.. the re-raise on the river screams 4 or hes been slow playing the whole time. you should be able to muck that quite easily.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought the same thing but our guy here got beat by the 34os and he had the A3os..

As for the hand you played it well... the call on the flop and turn tells you he has a piece but not much.. the re-raise on the river screams 4 or hes been slow playing the whole time. you should be able to muck that quite easily.

Oops.. seems you are correct. I just saw the open cards, and assumed it was the hero's hand.

Anyways.. I don't think the OP could have done anything different. Villain just got lucky. Didn't understand his calls.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I think both hands were donk plays, First off, I would have probably folded the 34 to a preflop raise. Then calling a big bet on the flop with bottom pair, crap kicker then on the turn, same thing. The 34 hand was just chasing, and got lucky. Same with the Ace rag, especially with a big bet on the river like that, if opponent had an ace w/pretty much anything else it would have crushed that too. Unless you had some crazy read on your opponent or there is a history of constant bluffing, I dont see anything good about either hand. And I'm not that great of an odds man, but if you keep playing trash like that...yeah you might win a few big pots here and there, but in the longrun it can't have a positive outcome. But hey, thats poker for ya and I'm sure everyones make plays like that every once in a blue moon.

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn...just noticed hero was the A3 hand...anyway why raise w/ A rag out of position like that unless you were just trying to push villian off his hand, and pushin that hard after the flop w/ TPWK... I like the small ball approach better for this cause like I said before if the villain was to have an A chances are you'd be crushed, by a better kicker, and you wouldnt have had so much in the pot. Just my opinion

C

chrismonk123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bit of bad play from villan! but after the reraise i woulda thought he had the 4! or a with higher kicker!

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i probably would of folded that hand

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally didn't think he had a strong ace, there was no raise pre-flop, I didn't put him on a 4.
I betted two times and he stayed in the hand with a 4 ?
It looked like a bad bluff to me, so I called.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some people dont seem to realize that the kicker doesnt matter here.... the only A with the same two pair as hero that beats hero is AK

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy-in for that tourny? 1$ SNG? obv fold in any high amounts SNGS with 34...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Damn...just noticed hero was the A3 hand...anyway why raise w/ A rag out of position like that unless you were just trying to push villian off his hand, and pushin that hard after the flop w/ TPWK... I like the small ball approach better for this cause like I said before if the villain was to have an A chances are you'd be crushed, by a better kicker, and you wouldnt have had so much in the pot. Just my opinion

Look again. He didn't raise pre-flop. He checked his BB with Ace rag.