Bad beat or bad play

J

Jako7600

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was the buy in for the tournament? I think you have to call if we consider what hands he can have:

We know he limp called pre flop - when he just calls our bet it's unlikely he has AA or KK.

Certainly players (I'm assuming villain isn't particularly strong) are limp calling with 22- 88 or two higher cards.

So after the flop he can certain itself have a set of 22's 33's or 77's. However, if villain isn't strong, he may be calling flop with 88's get scared on the turn when the overcard comes - and thus shove the turn. I think a weak villain can do this with 44 55 66 88 99. Also if villain floated the flop with two higher cards A10 k10 q10 j10 then he may play the same way. So I think you call. He can definitely have sets but you beat a lot of hands. Again, I'm assuming by villains plays that he isn't particularly strong, so if you have a read otherwise you may have to fold.

T

Toomin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I looked at your profile and I saw that you didn't fill in all the fields. Under Additional Information (Optional) there is a question Best Poker Tip:

What's your best poker tip that you've been given or would give to others?

If you look at my profile you'll see my Best Poker Tip: "Being able to throw a strong hand."

To fold QQ+ for me it is not a problem. Sometimes, with 3 or more opponents when they go all-in preflop I fold AA without thinking one second, especially in the bubble.

You cant be lucky if you dont plan for it.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybee the raise was a little too aggressive

Maybee the raise was a little too aggressive after the check, lot of players like to check small set to get you to bet big.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybee the raise was a little too aggressive after the check, lot of players like to check small set to get you to bet big.

Yes that raise was agressive but i have note on that player that storong = weak but that time he was actually strong.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Um he probs had A 10-Q10-10K, So with QQ i would off insta called there,

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He could have aces or kings, some people limping with it, or pocket 33,22,77, or really A10, but depends of size of his stack.

Disagree, no way BB had aces or kings. Any competent poker player 4 bets with those hands. Again with very little information about the hand I would say it was played poorly. The continuation bet on the flop was too small, should've been a pot bet minimum especially heads up. BB got to call on flop for same money as preflop with increased pot odds. Again competent players shouldn't shove on turn with a set, so my guess is he had A10 or made a semi bluff with AKclubs. Even 89clubs is a great semi-bluff. I think you call on turn and dare him to show set. Otherwise you're all in with the better hand.

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised bigger on the flop, like 2/3/ to potsize. If called and followed by a all in I might have called. But depends on the stacksizes and the read you already have on villain.

O

Onkorunkus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A c-bet on 732 rainbow isn't too great imo.. on such a dry flop you barely ever get called by worse as he doesn't have any 7x except 77 which beats you. He doesn't have any draws here. As played, when he calls your flop bet it looks pretty strong to me. I don't think he should have too many floats here. I think it should be rather easy to fold QQ on the turn. If he did float with a 10, it wouldn't make any sense for him to shove turn bc he's never getting called by worse. So the only hands we beat on the turn are QJcc KJcc KQcc and 89cc, assuming he DID float with those. that's 4 combos (2 if you had the Qc) we beat vs 12 combos of 22 33 77 and TT.

Last edited:
BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have QQ in a tournanent in late stage of game and I was on button.

One opponent just call BB all other folds I raised 4BB
Blinds folds and one opponent who call BB call my raise.

Flop 2 3 7 rainbow.
He checked I raised Half pot he called itand on turn It was 10 now opponent goes all in.
What was right move for me
On board 2h 3c 7s 10c

Just looking this images and understand, that in POKER everything is possible.
NEAR the prizes situation:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 31
E

evangelos_christodoulou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today its just not my day, this is how I have lost 4 toureys so far

- I hold QQ, person before me raises 2.5BB, i re-raise to 5BB, he calls, come the flop 5-5-6 he goes all in, i think he has AA or KK or just AK and has missed the flop, i call, he has 6-9, turn comes 7, river comes 8, runner runner straight, he wins
- I hold AK of hurts, im left with 15BB, im cut-off, i raise 4BB to steal the blinds, the big blind goes all in, im thinking about it, and i call, He has AJ off suited, he gets flush with 1 card
- I hold pocket 10s, chip leader on the blind, I raise 3BB, the blind reraise to 6BB, i call, flop come 5-2-10, chip leader goes all in, I call, he has AK, turn Q, river J, straight
- I hold AA on the button, the person under the gun goes all in, with just a bit more chips than me, i call right away, he has 44s, the flop come 4-7-6, turn J, river 9

I dont know if this is happening to other ppl too on pokerstars, i mean when u get called by a person with more chips, most of the times he gets everything

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be good to know yours stack and rival

E

erakdues

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he gives u AK and buffed u out, for me easy call, bad beat what else, thats Poker.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi,
you played it right.you should tell us the stacks also
easy call for me there