Ax SB floped trips river decision

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #7664061002: $3 + $0.30 Tournament (58198317), Table 44 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:41:42 ET - 2008/08/15
Seat 1: stupidfool (2,370)
Seat 2: Sindri_93 (2,485)
Seat 3: Clint Anthony (3,020)
Seat 4: Kashatrian (3,030)
Seat 5: biggie525 (2,845)
Seat 6: flash3zmd (1,640)
Sindri_93 posts the small blind of 25
Clint Anthony posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Sindri_93 [As 4c]
Kashatrian calls 50
biggie525 calls 50
flash3zmd calls 50
stupidfool folds
Sindri_93 calls 25
Clint Anthony checks
*** FLOP *** [Jc Ah Ac]
Sindri_93 bets 200
Clint Anthony folds
Kashatrian folds
biggie525 has 15 seconds left to act
biggie525 folds
flash3zmd calls 200
*** TURN *** [Jc Ah Ac] 3♥
Sindri_93 bets 450
flash3zmd calls 450
*** RIVER *** [Jc Ah Ac 3h] 8♣
Sindri_93 checks
flash3zmd bets 940, and is all in
Sindri_93 has 15 seconds left to act
Sindri_93 has requested TIME
Sindri_93: hit the fkn flush
Sindri_93: ?
flash3zmd: call and c

A few hand earlyer vilian lost a big pot on a river bluff, is he doing it again? Can any one find a call here?How u like my line here?

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You like playing any Ace, even weak Aces. That is your line here. You fear flushes? Don't think so, u luv fl cards, also.

Win this hand on the flop, even if you get fl out.

Fold your weak A, you don't play them well.

Just imo.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You like playing any Ace, even weak Aces. That is your line here. You fear flushes? Don't think so, u luv fl cards, also.

Win this hand on the flop, even if you get fl out.

Fold your weak A, you don't play them well.

Just imo.
atleast give an anlysis before tearing me down.
Im in the SB and need to call 25 into a 225 pot. Im calling the SB with ATC not just because i have ace-rag. Do u really fold to 9-1 pot odds? cause if u do thats a big leak

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He called 2 streets just to bluff on the river? I highly doubt it. This is a better ace, or a flush like, lots.

Btw, fold preflop ;) What are you hoping to make with this hand?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He called 2 streets just to bluff on the river? I highly doubt it. This is a better ace, or a flush like, lots.

Yeah there's no missed draw unless villain is crazy enough to hold QK or pocket pair hoping for x's full. Not much you beat on river, I think I check the turn. It could give flushdraw a free card, but other than that its WA/WB. I don't want to get in too deep with no kicker. I don't fault calling atc, but it looks like the acerag got you into trouble.

H

hegezsolt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he didnt hit the flush.
He was bluffing again. But what happened?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im kinda surpriced at this remark, given im geting 9to1 on my money.Do u seriously fold to these kind of odds? with that kind of pot odds i should be calling even if i whould know one of the vilians haves AA(well not exactly,A4vsAA is 8,9% to win but if u whould ad impeiled odds i should call.).
If i whould have called with the 9-1 odds with J9 and hit trip nines whould u still be telling my to fold prf?
Are u telling me u never complete the SB in a limped pot with good odds with a bad hand?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im kinda surpriced at this remark, given im geting 9to1 on my money.Do u seriously fold to these kind of odds? with that kind of pot odds i should be calling even if i whould know one of the vilians haves AA(well not exactly,A4vsAA is 8,9% to win but if u whould ad impeiled odds i should call.).
If i whould have called with the 9-1 odds with J9 and hit trip nines whould u still be telling my to fold prf?
Are u telling me u never complete the SB in a limped pot with good odds with a bad hand?
You're getting 9:1 but you spew reverse implied odds, and you're in the worst position. You're not going to hit many flops you like either. I'd rather complete the small blind with T3s than A4o.

When you complete in the small blind, you're not looking to make top pair. You're looking to make 2 pair +. You're making a small investment to win a big pot. With A4, you're just not going to make hands that are strong enough to play a big pot with. Add in positional problems, and its an easy fold IMO.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're getting 9:1 but you spew reverse implied odds, and you're in the worst position. You're not going to hit many flops you like either. I'd rather complete the small blind with T3s than A4o.

When you complete in the small blind, you're not looking to make top pair. You're looking to make 2 pair +. You're making a small investment to win a big pot. With A4, you're just not going to make hands that are strong enough to play a big pot with. Add in positional problems, and its an easy fold IMO.
Ok fair enough.

I donked out and maked the call vilian turned over J8 and i raked in the pot.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atleast give an anlysis before tearing me down.

Sorry if you think I'm tearing you down, gave you my opinion, and I did offer a little analysis, even if you didn't like it.

Im in the SB and need to call 25 into a 225 pot. Im calling the SB with ATC not just because i have ace-rag. Do u really fold to 9-1 pot odds? cause if u do thats a big leak

Actually, thinking that way is probably a big leak, but don't worry about that. Let's look at the hand again:

6 handed, blinds 25/50(early and cheap), you SB A4o. limp, limp, limp, fold(what, they are gonna miss the family pot), you complete and the BB checks.

Well, you post you would do this with ATC? Ok, sure, whatever. So what are the problems:

1. You are the SB and have the worst possible position for the rest of the hand. You OOP.
2. THERE ARE 3 LIMPERS!
3. You think you need to call 25 getting 9:1, but the fact the BB is still to act escapes you? What if the BB raises to 200? What do you do now? Kinda skews your odds calc, as you can't calc pot odds with incomplete info. The fact the BB checks, show how bad they play, btw.
7. Add up the first 3 and you get 6, which is why this is 7, called 'post awareness', in poker called 'table awareness'. You need to be aware of what is happening around you on the poker table.
8. What are your expectations for the hand you are playing? If you gonna play your SB getting 9:1 multi player pot with A4 OOP, and then the flop comes [Jc Ah Ac], what miracle did you want? I think NASA is still working on the water into wine problem.
9. Chris Ferguson has great advice for NL players, "If you can't raise preflop, maybe you should fold" I think that is great advice. I also think he reads books, or googled some stuff about poker, but I'm not sure. My read on him is weak, lol.

Ok, I missed a ton of stuff.

10. Is a tearing down:

Sindri_93: hit the fkn flush
Sindri_93: ?

That is pretty classless and shows very poor fkn poker etiquette. Good call, btw.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if you think I'm tearing you down, gave you my opinion, and I did offer a little analysis, even if you didn't like it.

Actually, thinking that way is probably a big leak, but don't worry about that. Let's look at the hand again:

6 handed, blinds 25/50(early and cheap), you SB A4o. limp, limp, limp, fold(what, they are gonna miss the family pot), you complete and the BB checks.

Well, you post you would do this with ATC? Ok, sure, whatever. So what are the problems:

1. You are the SB and have the worst possible position for the rest of the hand. You OOP.
2. THERE ARE 3 LIMPERS!
3. You think you need to call 25 getting 9:1, but the fact the BB is still to act escapes you? What if the BB raises to 200? What do you do now? Kinda skews your odds calc, as you can't calc pot odds with incomplete info. The fact the BB checks, show how bad they play, btw.
7. Add up the first 3 and you get 6, which is why this is 7, called 'post awareness', in poker called 'table awareness'. You need to be aware of what is happening around you on the poker table.
8. What are your expectations for the hand you are playing? If you gonna play your SB getting 9:1 multi player pot with A4 OOP, and then the flop comes [Jc Ah Ac], what miracle did you want? I think NASA is still working on the water into wine problem. This was the flop i whanted but not the river ;)
9. Chris Ferguson has great advice for NL players, "If you can't raise preflop, maybe you should fold" I think that is great advice. I also think he reads books, or googled some stuff about poker, but I'm not sure. My read on him is weak, lol.

Ok, I missed a ton of stuff.

10. Is a tearing down:

That is pretty classless and shows very poor fkn poker etiquette. Good call, btw.

I never said i didnt like the anlysis,if i make a bad play i whant to know about and that the reason why i post here to get feedback.
All i whanted was to get reasoning behind why it was bad play not just "fold prf" or "you like A-rag".
And now u provided good reasoning behind your anlysis and i apreciate it very much :).

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I donked out and maked the call vilian turned over J8 and i raked in the pot.
Retards who turn their hand into a bluff, even without knowing it, get me every time.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was the flop i whanted but not the river

Sure, ok, but I think some idiot posted, win the hand on the flop...

U got what you whanted, lol, so my bad.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, ok, but I think some idiot posted, win the hand on the flop...
Yeah and how exactly was i to do that? i bet 200 in to a 250 pot and there for giving non of the possible draws out there the correct pot odds(plenty of implied odds perheps seeing how im allways spewing:D )to call,should i have pushed all-in? or maby just pot it at 250? overbet?
Please explain exactly how i was to win this hand on the flop, C/R?
Cause seeing after the fact flash3zmd looks like a calling station and probly whouldnt have folded his J for any bet.
You seem to forget a very important aspect of poker(and life as well): I can control my actions but i cant control any ones elses.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way ahead/ Way behind, I'm not sure I like my comment there, but its what I probably do. Might get a bluff out of lesser hands that way, and really who's calling that turn bet without a better hand. Five people saw a flop, I didn't realize what kind of villain this was.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 3$ tournament, I'm betting the turn all day long. There's a flush draw, and worse hands like pairs call us down because they don't believe we have an ace. If we get shoved on at the river, we just need to man up and make a tough decision.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a weak ace, but you say it yourself he has bluff earlier.
But why dont you raise bigger after the flop.
Don't lt him hit any more cards that wasnt so smart.
I bet 200 into a 250 pot clearly not giving him the best odds to call with a flush draw,the drawing hand that whould have closest to correct pot odds is KQ,K10 and Q10 of clubs witch are all around 33% against my aces(vilian might obvs. put me on a J and think he is geting a good price).
Beting more imo is not a good play,sure i could have bet the pot and changed vilians odds from 2,5-1 to 2-1 but thats still not even close to the 3-1 the KQ,K10,Q10 needs or 4-1 the smaller flush draws need.
I could also have overbet the pot but why whould i whant to? only hands that whould be likly to call an overbet are other aces since i doubt FD whould call that.
Also if he haves a flushdraw i WHANT him to chase.