Is my AQs all-in good in this situation?

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you did not played wrong ,,unfortunetly we not always win when we play right:(

Mak7uS

Mak7uS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I think you did not played wrong ,,unfortunetly we not always win when we play right:(
Just mine h2n says that mine net won EV was -26k, that`s the reason why i thought that i played badly

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think if you see with more carefully the players that acting before you they show that they have strong hand unfortunately one have AA. You should be analyze that situation some times is hard fold this kind of hands.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AQ a triple allin is too risky. It's good one-on-one.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You had information its at least a 3way all-in.

AQ chances do reduce drastically however there are times when this is a call if you know CO likes to play wide.

You should have asked yourself the question about what typea of players MP and CO are to help with your decision

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just mine h2n says that mine net won EV was -26k, that`s the reason why i thought that i played badly
I dont use h2n but pretty sure, this is because the program calculates your actual equity. Which of course was terrible, because someone happened to have AA. With deeper stacks like 15BB you typically have to fold AQs, when two players have already moved in, unless its a PKO. But here the players jamming only had 6 and 4BB respectively, and you only had 5BB yourself. This mean, that jamming ranges are much wider, and you also dont have time to sit and wait for a perfect spot. It seem to be a hyperturbo structure, and in such games multiway all-ins are very common, and you just need to get lucky and win some of them.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I checked your sharkscope profile, and in the last two days you have grinded a lot of hyperturbo freebuy satellites. I assume the hand is from one of them. If you are just looking to have fun and kill some time, playing these games is fine. But if you want to improve and get better at the game, you need to play something with a slower structure, where you get into far more postflop spots. So maybe consider depositing a small amount like 25$, and then start playing the 0,25$ "on demand" games as a way to learn the game and maybe start building up a small bankroll.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i`ve played a tournament, and how do i think, i got a cooler. Is it a real cooler, or im just a bad player? So, i Got AQs on SB, MP goes all-in, CO re-raises all-in, i call him and BB goes all-in too. CO had aces and won. Did i played well? Or i should`ve folded? http://hand2note.com/Hands/Hand/QE57CQWt70afpp86hwHE7A==
yes it is a cooler -running AQ into AA is always a cooler- No it is not a bad play to call there with your hand in this game type unless of course this was the FT and you could jump up in payouts by folding-

If ICM is involved then we would tighten up to AKs in a spot like that which would also have lost vs AA

:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you are new to the forum and have also taken a year long break from playing on pokerstars (again according to Sharkscope), I will highly recommend you to take the CC 30-day course, if you want to get serious about poker. It explains all the fundamentals including how to act in these short stacked preflop push-fold spots.

Mak7uS

Mak7uS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Since you are new to the forum and have also taken a year long break from playing on PokerStars (again according to Sharkscope), I will highly recommend you to take the CC 30-day course, if you want to get serious about poker. It explains all the fundamentals including how to act in these short stacked preflop push-fold spots.

I've already started it, but thanks for the tip:)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there was only one player shoving, in special the 4 BB player, it would be a good call. Against two shoves I don't think so. I would fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already started it, but thanks for the tip:)
You are welcome. I actually ran your hand in ICMizer but initially decided to not share the result, because its kind of complicated. But given that there are still people, who suggest to fold here, I will do it anyway. For an explanation of, what ICMizer is, see the sections about ICM in the CC 30 day course. Unfortunately ICMizer cant analyse the situation completely correctly. This is because, BB is pot committed, and the program can only handle two all-in players, and in this situation there was essentially 3, since BB will never fold.

So the results are somewhat inaccurate, but AQs is a massively profitable call winning you at least 8.000 chips and realistically probably more. The fact, BB was pot committed, mean, the first player should be jamming a tighter range, because there is essentially no fold equity. And the later players should adjust to that by also jamming a tighter range. But its NOT about the fact, there are two all-ins. This does not matter, because due to the top heavy structure of this tournament, where only 3 places pay out of 1.000+ entries, there is no value in outlasting other players, until you get to the final table.

So at the tightest your calling range here is something like 77+, AQ+, AJs, KQs. This is under the assumption, that both players ahead are jamming very tight, because they adjust to the pot committed BB. However this is a freeroll, so I think, its highly unlikely, they understand it, and therefore I think, the ranges are closer to, what they would be, if BB was not pot committed. And in that situation you are supposed to call with something like 25% of hands.

An interesting point is, that a hand like 76s is preferred as calling hands over A7o. This is because, A7o will often be dominated by a better AX hand, whereas 76s usually have two free cards as well as the straight and flush potential, which is very important multiway. So if BB had for instance a 5BB stack, and you looked down at 76s, then this is a spot, where you should call, because you are getting fantastic pot odds, and you have enough equity in a 3-way pot, where BB will usually fold and leave his dead chips in the pot.

I am mentioning this, because a lot of the answers, you have gotten, are totally off the mark. Which show that a lot of players have very poor understanding of these short stacked situations, where ICM is not important. Rather than being a nit and fold, until you are blinded out, you need to be willing to get it in with any sort of decent hand.

And AQs is way more than just decent. It actually dominate a lot of the other players ranges, so the situation is just the opposite of, what it is with a hand like A7o. But of course some percentage of the time you will run into AK or QQ+ and be in bad shape. But this is baked into the math and no different from running KK into AA with deeper stacks. So yes this was just a cooler, and please dont let anyone talk you into folding in similar future spots, because that would be a major blunder :)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a tough decision, because AQs is a shove depending on your stack size but with other short stacks pushing before you, you should definitely come to a fold. Only push if you have AKs or KK+ in my opinion. I know with a stack of that size a tripple up would be great but perhaps find a better spot.
I am a bit old fashioned in that, but consider that you should have a stronger hand or hand range to make a late move.
I would have folded, with the sense of they know something I don't know and that is better than my hand.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Do you really think that you have been offended by something? Oks buddy, you are the same as me or anyone else, no worse and no better. All your superstitions that the poker world turned its back on you and is not fair are just your prejudices and delusions.Favorite saying in poker - Was it bad? It will get worse.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i`ve played a tournament, and how do i think, i got a cooler. Is it a real cooler, or im just a bad player? So, i Got AQs on SB, MP goes all-in, CO re-raises all-in, i call him and BB goes all-in too. CO had aces and won. Did i played well? Or i should`ve folded? http://hand2note.com/Hands/Hand/QE57CQWt70afpp86hwHE7A==
It was an acceptable game, it happens that someone shows a stronger hand. (y)

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is -EV call , you should fold