AQ

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the pokerstars million, starting chips 10,000. First place pays 200K. Half an hour into playafter the first break. Hero has 13K and is UTG. Villan is BB with 26K. Villan has been loose aggresive but not a maniac.

Blinds 100-200. Hero has Ac-Qc and bets out 800. Everyone folds to Villan in the BB who calls. Flop is Kc, Jh, 5d. Villan checks, Hero bets 1000, Villan pushes all-in.

Now what...............

Vintage82

Vintage82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold. Not worth putting your tournament on A high (w/backdoor flush & gutshot) against the guy who has you covered. Wait for a better spot.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trick question?

this looks like an incredibly easy fold to me :x

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a feeling this is a results-oriented hand where villain shows 67 for a bluff :/

Take a step back and look at the hand snake; easy easy fold.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possibly, the overbet shove perhaps doesn't want action, but calling your stack off with Ace high here is just ridiculous.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, I folded. But would it change your opinion any if the 5 was a club.

BJ2313

BJ2313

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ and AK are death traps for me. If you miss them you automatically give them more strength than they have. I go by the strategy win a small pot, and don't lose a large one. If you push heavier preflop, only premium hands will call, and then if you miss you check, knowing you're probably beat anyway.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of checking behind instead of c-betting here? You have an overcard and 4 outs to the pure nuts. And a flop with K and J on it when you're not holding either card looks like a likely flop to have hit an opponent who called a large-ish pre-flop raise from the BB.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, we would have at least 15 outs, any club, any 10, any ace. Any queen might also be outs, I didn;t think villan had a king more likely protecting a jack. So let's be conservative and say 16 outs which is more than 50% to win. Remember at this point in the tourney 13k is on the shorter side of chip stacks and with a fold we will only have 11k left. So it;s 11 K call into a 15k or so pot and you are at least 50% to win. And remember the point is to win and to win you have to accumulate chips and sometimes you have to take chances.

I'm not saying calling is correct just throwing some thoughts out. I think I might have called here. The push smells to me of a big stack trying to push me out. I think the best he has is jacks and maybe not even that.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or

Well, we would have at least 15 outs, any club, any 10, any ace. Any queen might also be outs, I didn;t think villan had a king more likely protecting a jack. So let's be conservative and say 16 outs which is more than 50% to win. Remember at this point in the tourney 13k is on the shorter side of chip stacks and with a fold we will only have 11k left. So it;s 11 K call into a 15k or so pot and you are at least 50% to win. And remember the point is to win and to win you have to accumulate chips and sometimes you have to take chances.

I'm not saying calling is correct just throwing some thoughts out. I think I might have called here. The push smells to me of a big stack trying to push me out. I think the best he has is jacks and maybe not even that.

actully it could be alot, baby 2 pair, set, TP weak kicker or nothing. I still say fold even with the draw you are drawing to 12 nut cards anything else is a maybe if you have the best hand. I actully wouldnt count your ace or queen as a out at all.

He flat called your raise so im thinking he either has a set and check/raised you all in because he was afraid of the broadway draw or flush getting there OR he called stupid and hit 2 pair and same thing pushing you off your draw.

On a side note, 3x is way too small of a raise in that position with that weak of a hand your just asking for trouble, personally I would fold it UTG. Not saying im a terribly tight player but I'am a position player and in that position im not running that hand and If I'am running it im raising at least 5x. 3x with his stack he is most likley calling with almost any 2 because of his implied odds.

TheRifle

TheRifle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has to be an easy fold. Got to put villain on high (probaly suited) connectors - probably KJ or possibly AK, AJ. This would be a fold even if chip stacks reversed.

If the 5 was a club still not worth a probable tourney exit. If the chips stacks were reversed and the 5 was a club then I think calling the all-in makes al ot of sense.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I folded villan showed his cards, J-10 off suit. If you knew that was what he had after his bet would you fold or call. With him having a pair of jacks only you have 18 outs. Any club, any 10, queen or ace. Call or Fold.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I folded villan showed his cards, J-10 off suit. If you knew that was what he had after his bet would you fold or call. With him having a pair of jacks only you have 18 outs. Any club, any 10, queen or ace. Call or Fold.

If you're a gambler, that a call. Like you said - 18 outs - that's better than 60% to hit on the turn/river (although an A/Q combo will kill you). Easy call.

If you're a panty-twisted cry baby, wait till you have AA.

TheRifle

TheRifle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a thought - had you shown any cards before this? - could villain have had a read on you?

Otherwise it's very aggressive play from villain. After all he knows you have a hand. He is risking 10k+ for 2k when he probably thinks he might be behind. By showing J 10o, he isn't exactly building his table image.

In your position knowing he had J 10, I'd ask myself a) do I want to risk the tourney on that number of outs - it sounds like the payoffs were worthwhile - and b) could I still do well with about 10k chips. The answer to a) depends on whether you're a serial gambler or not. Personally, I wouldn't because you don't have to win a tourney in the first half-hour. Part b) is even easier with a stack of 50BBs, you can, of course live to fight another day, armed with the knowledge that you can take his chips later when you have a stronger hand.

I guess more aggressive players would have called if they knew he had J10o, knowing they were 60:40 favourites. But 40% of the time,the fat lady will sing them a lullaby.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

we don't know that and we will never (barring fun live situations with exposed cards or actual real 'see your opponents holecards' programs) be in that position, so the question is pretty irrelevant to anything.

(call, though. you need to win hands like this to go deep in the stars million)