Another what do you do here?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a 45 person Sit and go... 33 players are left.. blinds are 50/100 and you are MP/LP

You have 1790 in chips, chip leader has 7k not a big deal.

Now you have the sb, bb..

Ep+1 Read: He limped with K,3 suited on the button not to long ago but everyone folded to him. has 2175 in chips he also limps

You are next to act: You hold K,7 and for some reason you limp.

Cutoff limps as well, reads are : 9,8 off MP, A,6 off MP, Called pre-flop raise UTG with A,10 off suit, No pre flop raise while holding QQ's from EP. 6K in chips.

Rest fold along with the SB and BB checks

Pot is now 450..

Flop comes 6C KS 7S... everyone checks to you and CO if is last to act..

This hand happened to me last night and figured I haven't done a what you do here for awhile.. and nope no results just yet till we get what do you do?

So basically you have BB Ep+1, yourself and cutoff.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a hand history? That's a little awkward to follow (probably partly down to me being tired, but a HH would be nice :p).

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I don't need a hand history, for some reason I can remember this hand, definately interesting and I will tell you what I did,, I threw a 700 chip bet into the pot...

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have top 2 pair and figure to have the best hand by far right now. I would bet about $500 here, slightly more than the size of the pot to try to get rid of the drawing hands of which there may be alot with 2 flush cards and 2 connected cards. I know some will recomment a bet of half or 2/3 the pot, I think that would be a mistake, most online playes don't understand pot odds too well if it's close to 2-1 too many online players will call thinking they have "close" to the right odds to call. If they call 600 that's fine they are making a mistake which is all you can do. A push is too much now with the best hand and I wouldn't do that unless the players left have shown they are willing to call all ins with mediocre hands. If anyone raises then you should push and hope they don't suck out. You are hoping to get play from someone else with a king that you have dominated if not taking the pot right here is not a bad result. If you get a call or 2 and a blank comes on the turn then push, you have to make the drawing hands pay to chase here.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was righting my response before you posted the last message, so you bet was about what I was thinking as a bet here, I actually meant 600 but I typed 500 by mistake, so your 700 is about what I suggested.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone folded to my bet except Ep+1 who calls, turn brings a Qs

Now what do you do?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He checks to you and it is your move.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of two things. He has a pair of Kings and is scared by the flush draw, or he has the flush and is trying to trap. I say you need to lead out here again. A nice healthy bet to get him out of the pot.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you now have less chips than are in the pot and any bet you make will commit you anyway, so I say push all-in here. Even if villan has the flush you still have some outs to make the full house. His call of you bet could mean anything, he could have the flush, a big flush draw like the ace, or a pair of kings or even ace high depending on how much of a donk he is.

I think a push here is your only choice in case he is drawing, if he has the flush then move on to the next tourney.

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did he call on a 6c Ks 7s board?
Why did he call a bet BIGGER than the pot?
Why did he check when the turn came Qs?
What does he have to gain by giving you some rope?
How has he been playing?

I would put him on trips, AA, flush draw, or straight draw. In this case, depending on relative chip stacks, etc... I would be there are better odds of him having me beat then me having him beat... two pair on the flop is a painful place to be in, especially in these circumstances.

1) I would have bet 300-400 on the flop
2) I would check to his check on the river

If he then low bets on the river I would just call, if he pushes all in, I would fold.... I am agressive when I know I'm ahead.... depending on the cards on the board, and the way they played it, slow playing, calling insane raises... then checking again, I bet he has trips on the flop, or hit the flush..

Edit: if he checked to you on the flop and has trips, he is kinda stupid, as he should be afraid of the flush draw.... but that may explain why he checked to you on the turn.... My money though is on him having the flush draw...

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I like pushing on the turn with 2 pair. Just me, probably not considered "correct", but I would check the turn as if you're slow playing a flush. If you go all-in you'll probably only be called if you're beaten. If he checks to you on the river, check as well, and hope you have the best hand. If he puts you all-in on the river, fold.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you now have 800 in the pot, and less than 1000 left, which is less than 10 times the BB. Is anyone really going to fold 2 pair here. Yes villan "could" have a number of hands that has you beat, but there are also alot of hands that you have beat. I see no reason to fold here, suppose you check here and villan puts you all in on the river, assuming no more spades come out on the river are you going to fold? you would be getting almost 3-1 odds with 2 pair. If not, then put them in now with what reasonably stands to be the best hand. I think you are committed here. Also there are alot of hands that you have beat that would call here, like AK, KJ, AQ, etc.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pushed my remaining chips in, and he called. River came 7s and his hole cards were As 8c giving him the nut flush. I played correctly while he kept playing incorrectly. The only reasoning I could see him calling my pot bet, he was hoping to hit his Ace because he may have thought I had only TPTK. Yet if he wishes to waste chips chasing, this is the person I always want in the pot. I just wrote notes on him about this hand just in case I see him again.