Another tournament loss from a downward spiral, my last hand insight and any tips?

Murasaki

Murasaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Just got knocked out of the GGPoker friday bronze event, I started off well, having as high as 10k chips, but after being moved to another table, it just got worse for me. Hand after hand, I was finding myself having bad hands I couldn't call like K3 unsuited, or having good hands but bad flops.

For example, in one hand I had pocket aces, I just raised to double BB to play it safe as I was constantly losing chips every hand, but then the flop was 9,10,J and I folded my pocket aces after someone betted due to the fact that the straight draw rendered them useless, also the person that betted put in about 1k chips and I was less than 3k when the BB was 250. I can't remember the turn card from that hand, but the river was another Jack, the person who betted and made me fold won that hand. Should I have called to see what was the next card or did I made the right decision to fold?

So here's what happened on my last hand:
BB was 250, I got AJ unsuited, instead of raising, I just called. Another played raised to double BB and I called it. Flop shows 9, 10 and A, I go All In, 3 others went All In as well, two of them had two pairs, turn card was an 8, meaning I needed a 7 or Q to be saved, river card was 6.

I felt that the All In call was necessary due to the fact that I was constantly losing chips and thought that this hand was gonna be a big breakthrough for me, I considered going all in pre-flop, but decided against it. Did I make the right call here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224_001642.png
    Screenshot_20221224_001642.png
    515.2 KB · Views: 27
G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Just got knocked out of the GGPoker friday bronze event, I started off well, having as high as 10k chips, but after being moved to another table, it just got worse for me. Hand after hand, I was finding myself having bad hands I couldn't call like K3 unsuited, or having good hands but bad flops.

For example, in one hand I had pocket aces, I just raised to double BB to play it safe as I was constantly losing chips every hand, but then the flop was 9,10,J and I folded my pocket aces after someone betted due to the fact that the straight draw rendered them useless, also the person that betted put in about 1k chips and I was less than 3k when the BB was 250. I can't remember the turn card from that hand, but the river was another Jack, the person who betted and made me fold won that hand. Should I have called to see what was the next card or did I made the right decision to fold?

BB was 250, I got AJ unsuited, instead of raising, I just called. Another played raised to double BB and I called it. Flop shows 9, 10 and A, I go All In, 3 others went All In as well, two of them had two pairs, turn card was an 8, meaning I needed a 7 or Q to be saved, river card was 6.

I felt that the All In call was necessary due to the fact that I was constantly losing chips and thought that this hand was gonna be a big breakthrough for me, I considered going all in pre-flop, but decided against it. Did I make the right call here?
I know won't really Help but you're not the only one. Pre Flop allin action, First I was lucky flopped a set with JJ ,opponent had QQ and on the river there's the stupid Queen... Would have had over 40k with half of the players remaining 🙄
After that I was tilt and didn't play well...

Murasaki

Murasaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I know won't really Help but you're not the only one. Pre Flop allin action, First I was lucky flopped a set with JJ ,opponent had QQ and on the river there's the stupid Queen... Would have had over 40k with half of the players remaining 🙄
After that I was tilt and didn't play well...
So many times that's happened to me, it's the worst feeling in the world, at least I know I'm not the only one who suffers bad beats like that.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So many times that's happened to me, it's the worst feeling in the world, at least I know I'm not the only one who suffers bad beats like that.

If you get it in pre with JJ and run into QQ its not a bad beat, regardless of the run out. I know it's frustrating with the particular run out, but you are meant to lose 80% of the time.

On the original hands posted it sounds like you were being too passive pre flop, when you are short just shove AA and AT, yes you dont want to go broke but you have to accept it could happen. Also you fold out hands that might suck out on you and picking up a few BB is still a good result

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
If you get it in pre with JJ and run into QQ its not a bad beat, regardless of the run out. I know it's frustrating with the particular run out, but you are meant to lose 80% of the time.
Yes it is...it's a Bad beat for the opponent . After he got his 2 outer on the river it's a Bad Beat for me .
Just facts mate

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a section for tournament hand analysis. So next time you should post there, and you should share the entire hand history rather than just a screenshot on the result. Thats the only way, you can get quality feedback on, how you played the hand. When you post a hand this way, its mostly just for entertainment. You flopped top pair, but no less than 3 opponents all flopped two pair or sets. So basically just a crazy action flop. And while these are part of the game and funny to share, there is nothing to learn from them.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it's a limp pot problem, when we get a lot of hands in the game, be prepared for them to have two pair. I sometimes resent the odds, for example I reraise preflop with AA, Villain should fold, but instead he calls with his 109o and hits the flop a lot.

Murasaki

Murasaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
There is a section for tournament hand analysis. So next time you should post there, and you should share the entire hand history rather than just a screenshot on the result. Thats the only way, you can get quality feedback on, how you played the hand. When you post a hand this way, its mostly just for entertainment. You flopped top pair, but no less than 3 opponents all flopped two pair or sets. So basically just a crazy action flop. And while these are part of the game and funny to share, there is nothing to learn from them.
Alright then, sorry about that.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting it is difficult to share our actions for others to comment on. I hope you continue to do so and that we all can help you grow as we help ourselves at the same time.

In the last hand most likely you would have lost no matter how you played it as AT is not likely to fold preflop-That said we have no limps in this spot regardless of how we have been running-
So standard play has us raise when we have a 13bb stack or more--we can shove smaller stacks

Often we will have the best AX one pair hand in this spot if ever we limp- if you never limped this type of hand UTG1 again it would be best
Therefore shoving is not the best sizing option for leads regardless of stack depth - We can lead smaller - stack dependent then decide what to do based on Villain actions or we can check to check raise-short stack or deeper 20bb-- or as in this case to fold-

Thank you again for having the courage to post
If you have general questions about the above strategy please ask but if you want the answers to be specific than preflop stack sizes are needed

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I particularly short stack with AJ off, I would have gone all in straight without flirting.
I just think it would be more equitable than just paying.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was also wanting to understand how this hand was played, but a lot of information is missing. With all that information missing, there's no way to know how this hand was played... :confused:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to say sorry. I am just trying to help you, so you can get more usefull feedback, when you share a hand like this. Please take a moment to read the sticky thread by Tammy about, how to share a tournament hand. Its at the top of this forum. Other forum members have shared hands from GG Poker, and there seem to be a way to get a screenshot of the final result, which also include the action. Check out earlier posts to see, how it looks :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Poker Tips