A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bad luck

Know matter how that hand went pre flop post flop, the only way I think if you went all in pre flop maybe he think about folding. Freeroll though he would probably call you, so Id say to ever make a great fold to conserve some chips is an option. You can figure out the rest.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Based off the flop it would’ve been difficult to call. There are lots of potential hands on the table much better than KK’s.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went from one of the top dogs in a tournament with 60 people left, to busting out with pockets KK. Flop is 635, dude goes all in with 77. We were even stacked, I call his all in. Turn is Q, river is a 4. I know you will want more info, but are you all in with KK with a 635 flop?

Definitely would need a little more info on your opponent and how close the bubble was or pay jump to realize your ICM. But with just the info given I'd say it was a clear call. Like others have said straight probably wouldnt jam so pretty much just worried about sets. And depending on preflop action would know more about frequency of sets jamming on this board. As it is just looks like you got coolered and 99 percent of us would taken the same line.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went from one of the top dogs in a tournament with 60 people left, to busting out with pockets KK. Flop is 635, dude goes all in with 77. We were even stacked, I call his all in. Turn is Q, river is a 4. I know you will want more info, but are you all in with KK with a 635 flop?

OMG same here lol, came 18th place with pocket KK and all night had not one flush didnt see any one else get one either so i guess i wished too hard and this happened (one of the only screen shots i got but here it is again)

Attachments

• wow hand tournament end.jpg
    wow hand tournament end.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 24
Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy call. Your opponent also could play any other overpair - 88.99, 1010,JJ,QQ - many hands we beat

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of did the same you played your hand as well as you could of:0) it just sucks that cards hit the way they do at times:0) but poker is poker and I still love the game:0) your doing well though keep grinding:0)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call.

There are a lot of 77+ over pairs and draw combinations the opponent could have that we beat.

If they flopped the straight or have a set, 2 pair, or AA, oh well. I still get it in.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG same here lol, came 18th place with pocket KK and all night had not one flush didnt see any one else get one either so i guess i wished too hard and this happened (one of the only screen shots i got but here it is again)
With effective stacks at ~5.5 BBs, getting it in with KK is super standard.

Unlucky results.

rocketbox

rocketbox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

To answer your question, yes. Every time. Don't worry about this one tournament. You got heads up going to the flop, then someone catches a 4-outter gutshot. Don't sweat this. It's a bad beat, for sure, but you've got to stay positive here. Don't let this one hand divert your attention for the best EV+ play. Obviously you've been playing strong, as you're one of the last 60 players, so don't get down on yourself about the way you played the hand. Variance.

Good luck!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, taking into account the information in your post, yes I would have called, but it would be good to know how the pre-flop was played, but based only on what is mentioned in your post is an easy call.

Greetings

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the board is very dangerous, I probably would have folded when it comes to my tournament life .Many Kombiantion beat you or sets

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You got it in with the best hand and miles in front - that is good poker. Keep doing this over-and -over and you will make money - but sometimes you do lose.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
635 rainbow of what? I would call if this is rainbow, with color project I would fold

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did it again earlier on and got much better result... waiting until tournament finishes to up load screenshot of history had loads of action.

L

Lexgrof024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens frequently to me when I am in the top 60, people rivering bad calls on me when it counts. Unfortunately that's poker, but sometimes ACR has me wondering with their many I call Hollywood flops. It happens quite frequently there.
pokerstars is similar on that matter.. sometimes it leaves you shocked for some time :D

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good question, over pair or straight run.. u dont know that 100% in that hand.. if u are not in prize, fold is good..50-50%

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If not all in, then a hefty bet, the 77 called since they thought they were ahead. Thr play would depend on how pre flop cost.