All in with KK here?

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went from one of the top dogs in a tournament with 60 people left, to busting out with pockets KK. Flop is 635, dude goes all in with 77. We were even stacked, I call his all in. Turn is Q, river is a 4. I know you will want more info, but are you all in with KK with a 635 flop?

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably 99% I would do the same. After the flop you had over 70% chance of winning, and over the turn over 85% so your move was the right one. I think you've had a lot of bad luck

IraiseThePot

IraiseThePot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah we need more information on opponent, on information before flop, number of big blinds but eh..
His range is either a set, a two pair, any overpair above 6.
I see many fishes having strategy with middle pairs like 7-7 or 8-8 , if the flop is low they check raise shove usually, depending on the number of big blinds.

If he has a overpair you are a huge favorite to win the hand, if he has a set you are dead. Two pairs you have on flop 5 outs, on turn you have 8 outs, unless he hits a full house.
I don't think that they ever do this line with a straight.

As i said we need more info, but it's usually a call...
So move on :)

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would mostly play it same, i mean how you can fold KK on that board, folding there doesn’t make sense to me

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK All In

Been there done that :D.. Hard to really say what I would have done as a lot depends on the money involved and what type of tournament you were in?

Have won more then lost with KK. Like you did, I would have made the call to go all in unless it was a high stakes game and I was already in the money with just a few players to go. As I said have lost before with KK as the other hits trips on their smaller pair.

Good Luck !

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that flop, and more than 1 player, I'm not all-in, if the player continues calling or raising, most of the time it means he has a project.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes im all in people will shove with so many hands that i think i have to call

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens frequently to me when I am in the top 60, people rivering bad calls on me when it counts. Unfortunately that's poker, but sometimes ACR has me wondering with their many I call Hollywood flops. It happens quite frequently there.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot to consider here. We need all info. Depends on situation. If you are one of the big stacks in the tourney and not many left and you are going against another bigstack and if you call you could go out and with that board that's an easy fold to me. I mean with that type of bet and situation you were in and with that board it would seem to me that a pair is no good and someone hit trips or could even have a straight or AA. Again depends on situation. If same situation and your blinds are low easy call...

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens frequently to me when I am in the top 60, people rivering bad calls on me when it counts. Unfortunately that's poker, but sometimes ACR has me wondering with their many I call Hollywood flops. It happens quite frequently there.
You are right I have notice in the past 4 to 6 months that has also been the case for me I mean it does happen often in poker but acr it has been to frequent way to much but I love the game so just have to smoke and say **** it their is always the next hand to be played

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, absolutely. It's not a bad play just because you got unlucky. Your opponent only had 6 outs, so you're winning around 75% of the time.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he gets there he gets there it is just poker.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would be all in . But was your preflop raise high enough ? If it was , all you had to fear was that he hit his set on the flop . Even if I knew what his cards were ,I would call that every time . You just got unlucky . Better luck next time .

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all-in 75% of the time, smooth-call or min-raise 25% of the time.
During early levels I play a little crazy, and tighten-up my play as we approach the bubble.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a definite all in.We want it as an opportunity to double up but of course you were extremely unlucky here

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is really no way to tell without you giving us info on what happened preflop and how much $$ is in the middle? You also only have an effective top pair. Worth risking tournament life on top pair? Not really imho

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANKS EVERYONE!

I really appreciate all of the feed back! Some really great points made and good advice on this thread! Thank you to all who had input. Good luck at the tables, hopefully your luck is better than mine lol.

DaFrank

:eek:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a right move, because you already had a strong pair. The river gave him the victory, it was much more risky your opponents game! These happen!! We continue the effords!!
:cool:

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Even if I call here with KK on this flop, this is a "bingo" call.I often lose in such situations.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
obviously more information would be needed to give you a more appropriate opinion, but if you guide me only by what you wrote, I probably would have done the same, and I would have hesitated to see that flop, to see that flop I think that would tempt me not to bet, but sometimes those tall pairs blind us and we pay

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and someone hit trips or could even have a straight or AA.

I would think you could probably eliminate AA since it's very likely they'd both end up all-in pre-flop with KK vs. AA.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think you could probably eliminate AA since it's very likely they'd both end up all-in pre-flop with KK vs. AA.
True. But not always. Again depends on a lot of things and not always are both players in if they have KK and AA preflop. Not all people are donks lol...

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the stakes of the tournament the player may have thought he was good on that flop. Lots of low level / inexperienced players will overvalue their hand if it is an overpair to the board - they just never consider their opponents having an overpair to their current hand and rip it in.

Its a call there for sure I would say, but its a tough one...if I am not in danger of being blinded out anytime soon and I am close to the money (10 eliminations or less) I think I fold KK on a board that could end up so baddly for me. Just look to make the money and move on from there. If i am in the top 10 players with 60 remaining and its gonna cost me 50%+ of my stack to call off with KK I probably fold there too...no sense jeopardizing a good finish with such a bad board and two cards to come. But those are two opinions from a different perspective so take them as you will.

At the end of the day you made the correct play, you have them in really bad shape you just got unlucky...with that board he will win the runout roughly 1 in 4 times so it does happen. Tournaments are a funny thing - for me, you are playing to make the money or you are playing to win - your move was correct and would have set you up for a better run had your hand held up. I'd say you are definitely playing to win. Don't let it bother you, keep playing and move on.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no fish on your table and the rates at the beginning were quite high then I guess I'll go for all in this idea is quite acceptable.

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did nothing wrong. You couldn't fold with Kings, and If he had AA he would have been betting as opposed to shoving. Also for him to shove all in with only 6 outs was wild despite having an overpair. He many bigs did he have at the flop? You had position over him. Did he raise preflop and you smooth called, or did you raise/re-raise and he called?

It was bad luck. I'm sure you were mad as hell.