All-in or fold

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a few more hands and lost all-in KK <AK (ace on the flop) !!!

It's a lively discussion. And there are a lot of opinions, both of them. This is why in poker, someone wins, someone loses, and there are no 100% success algorithms. Just experience and a little luck. P.S. it is Interesting to see that distribution where you had a QC and you took off, there is a video?

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ez fold imo. Never make assumptions based on the results. Even without knowing the VPIP or other info about your opponents, your Equity there was anywhere between 37-41%, which possibly can't justify an all-in there against this many opponents. Against a single opponent - I would go all in though.
You'd probably have better opportunities for the remaining blinds on average, so don't sweat it!
Why do fold with positive equity.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think with 8bbs(need to count the ante) and without knowing how many to the money etc., I am getting it in with AKs.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have fold as well because 1. You don't know if you can make a pair on the board.

2. Three players behind you went all-in. Almost all the time either somebody has aces, kings or queens. Somebody did have queens although an ace did hit the turn, folding is the right move. Put yourself in less risky situations to not bust out.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Fold

With only 12 Blinds, its a tough call. The only reason I would consider a fold here is not only is your equity and chance to win the hand greatly reduced against 3 random hands even if you are ahead (which you scarcely will be) but you don't have a made hand. With 3 all ins, and two of them being for 40ish blinds, you have to a assume you're flipping at best. going 4-ways for my tourney life deep in a tourney with a flip at best situation is not something I would take on.

AKs with 12 blinds is almost never a fold, but I believe this would be one of them, you're lucky to even be drawing live and it was only QQ and JJ. Easily KK or AA is in that type of pot in my opinion.

:jd4:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold. Because AK is not a ready hand. It's too risky against multiple opponents.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is an all in spot but in does depend on what you know about our opponents. If there are any super nits in the group it is not terrible to fold but you always have to think in this spot a few things.
1. You have AK which are blockers to Aces and Kings
2. You suited which can bail you out a lot at times
3. It is quite possible everyone (as in this case) has pairs and you got two overs to quadruple up

Now with all that being said, it is easy to monday morning quarterback and simply say you should go all in based on results. If this is right on the bubble line (could not tell) then folding is just fine if there are 1 to go or something like that to the money. In the end, I do think the better play is to go with it here with 12 bigs.

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was there a mistake on my part or was I playing correctly ???

https://www.boomplayer.com/uk/32269429_492DDAD0FA

1. Wow, tough spot - really tough spot
2. Is this best viewed through the lense of making a mistake?
3. Your position in the BB was the biggest factor in the situation. If you had been first to act, you probably would have jammed happily.
4. Against AA, you were a complete dog, and a big dog against KK. Against 3 all-ins, your equity is signficantly reduced.
5. We have to determine what our major goal is in these particular situations. Imo, our goals change in tournaments given our stack size, the type of players we are facing, where we are in relation to the bubble, and our mental attitude to win or lose situations.

Right now I would have probably folded in your situation. I really have a skewed risk/reward profile at the moment. I'm hoping to improve my skills so that I can be more comfortable in order to increase my "game" or gamble profile.

If on the stone cold bubble, easy fold for me. Otherwise, I need to be able to gamble these situations when they arise. If I know my opponents are LAGs, I need to get the chips into the middle. If I lose, I lose. ISTBM.

The next game and hand is right around the corner. Good luck.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably fold on the bubble, AK against 3 players equity is much lower than one on one

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd best starting hand in the game. I would have went all in there.Worth the risk to make a huge stack for sure.

If you were worried about AA or KK, you holding both of these significantly decreases the chance of one of your opponents having the nuts.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
odds go down significantly in multi-way hands, just look at AA vs random opponents hands and how bad it becomes when others enter. If this is some tournament I'm losing interest in I'll probably call like you did.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You did everything right and at a distance you will be a winner rather than playing a coin in this distribution.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Versus two allins probably I call AK suited but versus three is very hard to find a call in that situation.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've said this many times. AK pre-flop is not the nuts. When you're facing 3 all-ins, it's a fold. Especially with your stack. You have to pick a better spot. If it was heads up or 2 others, I can see it depending on their previous actions. Here is a fold.

Of course you would have gotten lucky on the turn, but hindsight is always a crazy thing to deal with. Without playing results oriented poker, you made the correct fold.

Folding in Poker