AK vs LAG isolation raise; $16 turbo

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 30/20/2 and I'm ~15/10/3.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button (t1210)
SB (t2830)
BB (t1245)
Hero (t2730)
MP1 (t1250)
MP2 (t605)
CO (t3630)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with
ac.gif
kd.gif
Hero raises to t450, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t605, 2 folds, SB raises to t2830, 1 fold, Hero ...

J

jsi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be thinking MP2 min raise is trying to gain more info on your hand and at the same time ensure the button gets out of the way. Maybe QQ JJ or AQ type of hand. However the isolation bet from SB may suggest a mid pocket pair like 88-99-TT. BUT then if he's thinking what i'm thinking about MP2, he'd be folding. Unless SB has a read on MP2 and is putting him on a AK-AQ type of hand and wants to get heads-up. But putting his whole stack on the line with what would be the ol' coin toss? Maybe he's got the unlikely AA or KK (since you are holding one of each)?

If you call i'd expect MP2 to fold...

LOL, did that make any sense?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, because MP2 is all in. Knowing me I'd fold and wait for a better spot.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you call i'd expect MP2 to fold...

LOL, did that make any sense?

mp2 is all in so I don't think he will be folding. ;)

Villian is pretty loose do you have a range on him?

Normally I am hard pressed to call here. Villian has seen a raise and reraise all in in front of him and still pushes. I'd want AK, 1010+ to do this which puts you well behind.

I say normally because villian is loose and may know you have been pretty tight and be trying to get you out of the picture. Thats fairly risky on his part though.

Comes down to what you think the odds are of villian having a less than premium holding.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
equation: LAG+7handed+turbo+isolation+AK = awrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-in

Especially the turbo part. I've seen so many players have AQ and AJ here. And if you fold you're gonna be in 10 BB mode within like 2 minutes. Turbos don't really give you the opportunity to outplay people very much or wait for too many better spots IMO. You just have to press edges

M

Mesisca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
without a read on the small blind, it is hard to tell you what to do here, I actually think it would be an easier fold against a not so tricky player. If he is a smart or tricky player, a small blind all in might be to isolate with a hand like 66-JJ, but could also be to get you out so they dont have to play the rest of the hand out of position. Since you are the chipleader, I can see why he wouldnt want to have to play out of position against you after the flop. However he could just as well assume that if he cold calls, hes going to be getting it in postflop anyway. Having said all that with no information about this player, I would put him on 99 or better, but I wouldnt be suprised if he has a hand he likes but doesnt want to make a decision after the flop like AQ or even as low as JQs.

I'd probably fold here...

J

jsi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oops, missed that MP2 was all in. So my original post does not make any sense afterall, lol...

J

jsi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so re-thinking this, i'd guess that SB has a range of AT-AQ, or 88-QQ and being a LAG possibly even Ax or KJ-KQ and he's counting on your fold here. I hate calling in situations like this but you almost have to occasionally if you wanna win these things.

Call and just hope SB doesnt show AA or KK...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very easy call after taking the time to look at it. I think the multitabling just got me distracted. Even vs AQ+ and 99+ we're getting more than enough odds to call, and that range is way too tight for a 30/20/x.

I called, ended up going against 44 (shortstack) and 66 (pusher), and didn't improve.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very easy call after taking the time to look at it. I think the multitabling just got me distracted. Even vs AQ+ and 99+ we're getting more than enough odds to call, and that range is way too tight for a 30/20/x.

I called, ended up going against 44 (shortstack) and 66 (pusher), and didn't improve.

Are the numbers just for this SNG or do you have more hands on the villian?

If its just this one I don't think its such an easy call. Id still put villian on PP or AJ prob AQ+, which without running the numbers I am pretty sure makes us a decent dog.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.291% 45.46% 07.83% 49043328 8444198.50 { AcKd }
Hand 1: 46.709% 38.88% 07.83% 41943427 8444198.50 { 99+, AJs+, AJo+ }

Even against that fairly tight range (esp for a LAG), we're ahead and should call. I think we have him crushed - especially since AA/KK can probably be discounted from his range if we look at his big all in bet.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're TAG and raising from UTG, SB must not be paying attention 'cause it seems like anything you're raising with is at best a coin flip for him, or worse. If he's doing this just to isolate MP and hoping his push will chase you, then he's not taking into consideration his image relative to his holding? Or is that too sophisticated thinking, especially for a turbo?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too sophisticated at all IMO.

He's either getting a call and is going to be dominated or coinflipping vs AK, or he's going to push me out and further advertise his LAG image by showing down 66 there.

The guy was pretty bad; I think he just really liked his 6s here.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't see the cost of entry here or the type of tourney. It would make some difference. For instance a $1 tourney it's an instant call for me as you will see A-9 off suit from SB much more often than AA or KK. And of course small pairs would not be surprising at all.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to give him credit for some kind of a hand, he's not doing this with ATC to get the the dead money because 1st villain is all-in so he needs to have a better hand than him at showdown to take this pot.

Even so with AK I'll make this call w/o any doubt. The fact he made such a move with 66 instead of folding it goes to show again how crazy these turbos are, and it pretty much explains why I'd call this. This player would have done the same with AQ-AJ, most likely. Hard to blame him in a way because moves like this can easily get better hands (77-99) to fold, leaving him with only MP2 to beat.

Not sure what your numbers mean there Chuck, but with 7 players left I assume you've been tight mostly so far, and you're probably just starting to loosen up. He might also be shoving based on your TAGish image so far.

Even if you lost I like the call.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your numbers mean there Chuck

These ones?

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.291% 45.46% 07.83% 49043328 8444198.50 { AcKd }
Hand 1: 46.709% 38.88% 07.83% 41943427 8444198.50 { 99+, AJs+, AJo+ }

They're my equity %age copied from pokerstove. I'm not sure what the last four numbers are, but the bold is my % equity in the pot. 53/47 => 1.13:1 favourite, and hence we're getting more than enough odds to call.