AK suited what would you do?

W

warhawk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're not vested with AK... walk away

You weren't vested into the pot. Who cares? walk away. You did good. Pocket 3's would most likely send you packing.

O

OnTilt902

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you made the right decision. I don't like getting in a pre-flop shootout, especially that close to payout.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL. Why is everyone so obsessed with making it in the money and not going for 1st?
I dont see why you'd want to play a tournaments for hours just to make a few bucks cashing. Isn't the goal of a tournament to take 1st place and win it?

Last edited:
K

Kanitchet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Form my exp, I think you did right. I have call all in with AK too and he has Pocket Aces and ... I'm done :p, angain with AK I fight with 56 but he hit straight .... AK doesn't mean when you all in you will win the pot..
I think if it close to paid, just lay down it, when you get a good card try to see a cheap fold if you have middle or big stack, if you are short, then wait for gaurantee cash and then move all in with good card.

The cash you get will be the capital of next tournament buy in cash for biigger prize just patience

sorry for bad English.

G

Gabaik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill think you do it well, normaly if anydody call or raise before you ( your position is the delear), you need to fold ak in preflop... but if you have enought chips i think you play ak suited...

I

iluvdahate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you gotta fold there cuz if he has been tight and you are just out chipped why take the risk of goin out on the bubble with what is most likely a race. he could do that with AQ and if he does that is cool but i still think you dont want to risk it in that spot. gj on the fold and the 20th place finish. gl and play on.:D :D

L

lmille4574

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the play if he has been playing pretty good and it was coming down to pay day situation Yeah sometimes i fold. Sometimes I call, but usually the times I call is when i know the person wil push allin with any AK AQ AJ or pocket. Just remember big slick doesnt always win and suckouts happen. If your just looking to cash folding is a good option but if you're out to win calling maybe the other

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see why for most people it boils down to two things: calling and 1st or folding and cashing. I don't understand why people feel that his best chance to win is to call in what I think to be about a 50-50. Folding doesn't mean you don't want to win, you just might want to take a better chance later on down the road when you have a better read or not as much at stake.

G

guitarpicker69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold was right AK can and will get beat buy any pair unless you get lucky. If you don`t get lucky your out I say you made the right play.

G

Gabaik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that he manages to look at it possibly more cheaply the flop, and then safer the success. I lost it on AK and AA very many times against little sheets.. But if the tournament is nearing his end already all waves inevitably then give AK but on his front not...
The really good players according to me dont call and do not grant all waves AK, but it tries to be looked at the flop...

Sorry my english not the best but i hope you understand me :))

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused: :mad: :confused: Playing a Freeroll Tournament: $500.00 pay out with top 60 paid.
You have AK suited in Dealer position. 64 Players left in the tournament.
Small Blind is 500.00 Big Blind 1000.00, player in middle position with 12,300 chips goes all in, you have 10,250 in chips. The player has been playing tight but when he has bet per flop it has been all in bet. What would you do? I chose to fold because of being so close to pay, I did finish in 20 place. But I still would like to know what other players would have done. No one called so I do not know what he had or what would have came out on the board. Did I make the right or wrong decision?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I would use my timebank, stall as long as possible and try to see if 4 players can go out then call the @rse off him

Either way I think in truth its an instant fold

Last edited:
orangecat

orangecat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also fold in that situation. U said he was tight for the most part. He had u covered. I would have done the same and picked a better spot than the probable coin toss situation. Being he has played tight I doubt that he was bluffing his stack at that point. If he was I wouldnt pay w/ my tourney life to find out when I read him as good tight player. If he bluffed me good job to him :)