bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK max value SHNLHE

First hour of tourney. Everyone jockeying for position. What would be the best way for max value on this hand?

pokerstars (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)
Preflop: Hero is MP with A
diamond.gif
, K
diamond.gif
. SB posts a blind of 15.
UTG raises, Hero raises, CO calls, 3 folds, UTG calls.
Flop: 4
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
, J
club.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets?

This didn't convert right so here is the text.

PokerStars Game #12263655305: Tournament #61819975, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em
No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/09/25 - 14:44:57 (ET)
Table '61819975 181' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: RC.Willson (1895 in chips)
Seat 2: klitkat (5255 in chips)
Seat 3: Mfluit (2880 in chips)
Seat 4: Stresser01 (2945 in chips)
Seat 5: gileana (1540 in chips)
Seat 6: vigtc (3180 in chips)
gileana: posts small blind 15
vigtc: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to klitkat [Ad Kd]
RC.Willson: raises 30 to 60
klitkat: raises 150 to 210
Mfluit: calls 210
Stresser01: folds
gileana: folds
vigtc: folds
RC.Willson: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [4d Ah Jc]
RC.Willson: checks
klitkat: ?

Last edited:
pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two people have seen a re-raise (although the first raise minraise might be discounted), so you must expect fairly good hands. AA is a killer, no winning from that except runner-runner QT. For AJ, same runner-runner plus runner-runner kings, but AJ should not have called the raise. For JJ, same two as AJ plus runner-runner aces. So, against these three hands you most likely lose. The hands you might face that you are ahead against are KK, QQ, and maybe TT, or a donkey play/bad bluff play (which would include A4, J4, KQ). Not a lock by any measure. I would bet half the pot to see where I stood and give the KK, QQ, TT bad odds to see the turn.

J

jsi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7x initial raise was too high. A 3x-4x pf raise would have done the same job. Unless this was a very loose table (probably, seeing you still got 2 callers). Regardless, the pot is now 675. As there is no serious draws out there except for a long-shot K-10 or KQ hand, i'd stick either a standard 1/2 pot bet of 300-350 or a 1/4-1/3 pot probe bet of 150-200. The problem with the probe bet is more likely to get called and gives us less info when called or even raised.

I'm expecting both villains to fold here to a 1/2 pot bet, which is fine since we already got good value with the original raise.

When playing hands like this i allways assume that other hands containing the same cards as mine are unlikely, especially if one of them flops, ie: I would discount another Ax holding since two Aces are already accounted for. A Kx is a little more probable since only one is accounted for. It does happen of course, but i'd be more inclined to put the villains on a KK-QQ-JJ-TT hand at best, KQ-KT-KJ for a very loose call, and maybe even a mid 66-99 pair... If villain shows down AJ or A4, well "tough luck" as they say...

Just the other day on the very first hand of a SNG with AK and flopped ace and no draws, i had some one OP check/call 1/2 pot bets on the flop, turn, and then bet into me on the river, then showed down A2s for a pair of aces. The play got me stomped so i just called the river bet and then regretted not raising the donk all-in and taking all his chips, lol.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7x initial raise was too high. A 3x-4x pf raise would have done the same job.

her reraise was fine... someone minraised before her, and she made it 3.5x that