AK CO

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian has been playing very loose and calling with a wide range.

*********** # 1 **************
pokerstars Game #10271026044: Tournament #52045707, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em
No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/04 - 17:27:37 (ET)
Table '52045707 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: wedo000 (1755 in chips)
Seat 3: Jester19380 (6735 in chips)
Seat 4: silba777 (5060 in chips)
Seat 5: tupadre2192 (5600 in chips)
Seat 6: MikeyTx52 (3390 in chips)
Seat 7: Lucky Cads (3960 in chips)
Seat 8: Snepke (2460 in chips)
Seat 9: klitkat (5480 in chips)
wedo000: posts small blind 50
Jester19380: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to klitkat [Ah Kc]
silba777: folds
tupadre2192: folds
MikeyTx52: folds
Lucky Cads: calls 100
Snepke: folds
klitkat: raises 380 to 480
wedo000: folds
Jester19380: raises 380 to 860
Lucky Cads: folds
klitkat: calls 380 I was debating whether to reraise here.
*** FLOP *** [Qc Jd 3s]

Ideally what would be my next move here?

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would reraise, especially if he's lose, you most likely have the best hand right now or are only a slight underdog. Get more money in preflop, or he just may fold to a good reraise.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally what would be my next move here?

seeing as you're in position here it might be worth letting us know what villain did. :)

also i'm not horribly averse to the preflop play, it seems reasonable, and folding to any decent-sized flop bet here should be standard.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*** FLOP *** [Qc Jd 3s]
Jester19380: bets 4620
klitkat?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold because we're not beating anything in his range except a horrible bluff. If he's betting any pocket pair he's ahead, if he had AQ/AJ/KQ he's ahead. What else is there?

Yeah his open shove looks a bit suspicious, but not suspicious enough for us to justify calling off a ton of chips with.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold because we're not beating anything in his range except a horrible bluff. If he's betting any pocket pair he's ahead, if he had AQ/AJ/KQ he's ahead. What else is there?

Yeah his open shove looks a bit suspicious, but not suspicious enough for us to justify calling off a ton of chips with.

I agree with this 100%, not only are we behind but we might be crushed by something like AQ or QK where if we hit one of our cards it might not even be the best hand.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing he showed you a bluff or something afterwards, because I really see no reason why this is a hard decision BBB. Easy fold, no need to risk that many chips with just AK there.

Doesn't matter if he did bluff you, or if you did call him and he had nothing. No need to be results oriented.

Easy fold, almost 100% of the time.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ans this is the big leak in my game. I know I had him read right. And I know I should have folded but was I wrong in looking at it that I had two over cards plus the str8 draw?

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ans this is the big leak in my game. I know I had him read right. And I know I should have folded but was I wrong in looking at it that I had two over cards plus the str8 draw?

Two overs and a basically a gutshot straight draw still doesn't even come close to giving you the right odds to make this call, especially with your chipstack and the blinds situation as they are. You still have a very comfortable stack if you fold here, more than comfortable.

There is no need to unecessarily make this call in this size of a pot with only 2 cards remaining to come, when you will be an underdog almost 100% of the time. Sometimes cutting your losses isn't the worst thing in poker. You want to avoid situations where you have to commit a large or all of your stack into a pot where you are almost certainly behind in, especially given the chips you will have remaining if you fold and the your stack being very comfortable in relation to the blinds.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be able to make that call correctly but lately I'm making stupider calls. I think I need a little time to do some studying.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got fooled by the shove Bubba because it does look weird. But even so its mainly about flop texture. He reraised you OOP which means a big hand (usually at least, but with some donks you never know). With that flop you can't find a hand you beat, except AT, but AT doesn't make sense with his reraise PF. You have 4 outs for gutshot but as far as you know that may even be it, because he could have a set of Q's or J's (although the shove with a set is also weird), but the sure thing is that you're behind and you don't want to call off your stack like that with 2 cards to come.

You didn't show the rest of this hand but I'm guessing he shoved with aces or kings. I'm quite sure though that what fooled you here was his weird shove, if not you'll probably play this correctly.

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after that flop and the amount of his bet (regardless of how loose the guy is) this is an easy fold.......in my immortal words...... if you don't scare em all off pre-flop with AK .....and then MISS the flop the only time to correctly call (and this is still a gamble) is when your call is 20% or less of your stack, you are acting last in position and have a pretty good read your opponent didn't hit the flop either.
peace

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the right read on the guy but the wrong cards.

*** FLOP *** [Qc Jd 3s]
Jester19380: bets 4620
klitkat: calls 4620 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [Qc Jd 3s] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [Qc Jd 3s 8s] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jester19380: shows [Jc Tc] (a pair of Jacks)
klitkat: shows [Ah Kc] (high card Ace)
Lucky Cads said, "lol"
Jester19380 collected 11110 from pot