AJ vs A7

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 table SNG... (posted from hand sited in This thread)

Stacks:
* BB with 3015
* UTG with 5410
* BTN with 4585
* SB with 1990

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 100/200
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to BB:J♣ A♦
* * Sklansky group 4
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * SB raises 1765 to 1965 [ all-in ] Hero calls [1765]
* * Total folds this street: 2
* * Potsize: 3930
Flop: 3♣ 4♦ 2♣
Turn: K♥
River: 7♣
Results:
* * SB shows a pair of Sevens: A♥ 7♥
* * Hero shows high card Ace: J♣ A♦
* * SB collected 4030 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From this:

When posting a hand, the following information is crucial.

- Relevant stack sizes
- Nature of the game (tourney/ring, limit/nl etc)
- Blinds (if tourney)
- Limits (if ring)
- Stage of the game (if tourney - i.e. are you in the money/on the bubble?)
- Table positions of yourself and all relevant players
- Any reads on relevant players (even if it's your first hand at a table, say so so that people don't have to ask if you have reads)
- Your table image (more important in a $200 tourney than a $1 SnG, but still useful to know)
- Any other general comments on your thought processes as the hand progresses

And DON'T post results in the thread, let alone the title!

This has been posted hundreds of times

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From this:

Sorry, I was really just posting this so people could see a hand I was speaking of in another thread. If it needs to be moved to brags/bad beat or what not, feel free to. Or, if you would like to delete this thread I can post the HH in the other thread.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From this:

- Relevant stack sizes
listed
- Nature of the game (tourney/ring, limit/nl etc)
listed
- Blinds (if tourney)
listed
- Limits (if ring)
SNG N/A
- Stage of the game (if tourney - i.e. are you in the money/on the bubble?)
listed by default: 1 table SNG, 4 players = bubble, but I will list in future
- Table positions of yourself and all relevant players
listed
- Any reads on relevant players (even if it's your first hand at a table, say so so that people don't have to ask if you have reads)
I'm still trying to get a grasp on online reads, but this tourney had no real agressive players at this point
- Your table image (more important in a $200 tourney than a $1 SnG, but still useful to know)
$3 SNG, so probably not as important, I usually play with strong hands
- Any other general comments on your thought processes as the hand progresses
Wowzers, AJ is perty', I think I'll call his AI.

-----------------

----------------

As for results, I was not aware not to post results. How can you fully analize without results? I can see if it were a "what would you do", but what about when it's just a "how did I do?" Are results as important to hide in the latter? (BTW, hiding results is not on the list if it's that important, not a critique, just an observation)

It appears I actually posted 5 of the 8 bullets pertaining to this hand. Of the other 3, 2 pertain to image which I am still learing. The last asked for thoughts which were basic "push".

^^^See bold. Sorry If I missed something.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you fully analize without results?

...seriously?

I can see if it were a "what would you do", but what about when it's just a "how did I do?

...eh?

When you're making a decision in a hand, you don't have villain's cards turned up for your perusal. Hence, when analyzing a hand, whether it's a 'what' or a 'how' (I don't really get the great difference but w/e), does it make more sense to base analysis on (a) what was known to us at the time we had to make the decision or (b) what we would have known at the time of having to make the decision if we had X-Ray vision or mind-reading powers?

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[/b]...seriously?

[/b]...eh?

When you're making a decision in a hand, you don't have villain's cards turned up for your perusal. Hence, when analyzing a hand, whether it's a 'what' or a 'how' (I don't really get the great difference but w/e), does it make more sense to base analysis on (a) what was known to us at the time we had to make the decision or (b) what we would have known at the time of having to make the decision if we had X-Ray vision or mind-reading powers?

10-4, understood.

The difference:

What would you do: You want to read the hand as though you were playing, then you give your answer. This needs more of a spontaneous answer just as though you were playing the hand live.

How did I do: You can ignore villain's cards and analyze the play as it unfolds. You may alread know the results, but since you're not looking at your own spontaneous answer, the results aren't as important.

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to much you can do, you got your money in good and got unlucky although i may have folded being on the bubble and all but still you had the best cards and got unlucky not much you can do.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In response to that list chuck quoted, this is directed at a mod, maybe that list should be edited (in the original thread) to include vp$ip/pfr/af if possible

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wowzers, AJ is perty', I think I'll call his AI.
AJ is nice but not a real powerhouse either. Dominated by JJ+,AQ+ and slight underdog to 22-TT. What range do you put villain on that you are clearly ahead of? He does not seem desperate yet, so he must have some kind of hand to shove here.

If you do the maths, in terms of cEV, you need to win more than 44% of the time for a call to be profitable here. But ICM analysis says that in $EV, you need to win more than 50.3% of the time.

That's the odds you get with AJo against a range like 22+,A4s+,KTs+,QJs,A9o+,KJo+. Do you really think he is shoving a lot more than this range in his position?