• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

After the rebuy period

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a rebuy MTT, of course it was wild as usual before the break. After the break I have 10,000 chips and haven't played the first 2 hands. I am 2 off the button, it's folded to me with A 6 both spades. Blinds 100/200, I raise to 700, hoping to steal the blinds, if raised I fold prob, if called I have a decent hand to see the flop with. Villan on the button with 12,000 chips and calls, both blinds fold.

Flop is 4c, 5s, 7s. I have an open ended straight draw, nut flush draw, possible backdoor straight-flush, plus the ace. I bet 1500, villan calls. Turn is 10c, I bet 2000. Villan pushes all-in...................

What do you do and what do you think villan has. No real reads because the first hour was the rebuy period and a decent player changes style after the break.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he had a pocket pair?

Youve got half your stack in there already, i guess it depends on whether youd be up to rebuilding it.

Id call.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing alot of rebuys lately. Been in the money in most. My advice here is fold. You are only working on a draw all around. The odds are tempting but he has a made hand the way he is betting. Most likely an over pair. You need to take a look at the big picture. This is the second half of the rebuy. Play gets tightened up alot. You don't hit, you're out. Fold and wait for your moment. It will come.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I made one of thoses silly ego calls (you're not pushing me off, lol) anyway he had ace 6 of clubs. We was calling with the open ended straight draw and picked up the flush draw on the turn. Basically he had the exact same hand and were 50/50 going to the river. Of course the river was a club and I'm out. But I will say if I knew what villans cards were I would be correct to call here since I was even money to win or tie and there it was more than even money to call. So the call was basically correct, even though it didn't work out.

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand - he called a 3.5x raise on the button - so he could be holding a lot of hands. Probably if he had AA,Kk he would reaise as an isolation bet. A holding of 99,10,10, JJ is a possibility but he should have rraised on the flop to protect his hand. Other possible holdings AK,AQ,AJ or suited connectors. The hands of real concern are the connectors that have made a straight. You have 9 spade outs and possibly 6 other outs depending on his holdings - to an overpair you would be a slight favourite to the made straight or trips a serious underdog. The only holdings of his that make you the favourite are hands like Ak or AQ - with you holding the A of spades it is unlikely he is chasing a spade flush - on balance he appears to have hit hard on the river or been slow playing. While a bluff is possible - this early into the second half of tourney - allin bluffs are rare the realm od maniacs. With only 9 sure outs I would tend to fold.