A7o in UTG

R

RFirmino96

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are 4 handed in a MTT tournament, we have a top 2 stack and pretty close from the CL. We raise 2bbs (6k) with As7h and the BB, a very active and loose player (3rd in chips with 1/4 of our stack)reraise to 16k. We fo ahead and call. The flop cames J95 all clubs, he cbets and we call for floating and see what he does on the turn. In the turn cames the 5d and he continuous with about half pot, we call here because we really dont bealieve him because with value, beside the clubs he probably would check to control the pot. On the river hits the Qh. And he bets 3/5 of the pot. Around half of his remaining stack. We tank a little bit and go ahead and call with ace high, because with all value hands he probably woukd check the river to catch a bluff( if he has like KJ, AJ, JTs), or check raise the river for value with a flopped flush, a full house, trips fives and maybe with QJ also. He shows 7 high for a completely bluff. In the long run its a bad, a profitable or break even call? And for he to represent a value hand was best to check the turn or the river?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
say the stack sizes of all players ?

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean 4 handed with A7o isn't the worst spot but calling a 3bet OOP - your playing with fire so I hope you really really really no what your doing especially when you try to peel a card! It would be one thing in position because you could control the hand and actually develop a plausible betting line, but OOP if villain bets turn you'd have to be a real sicko to either float AGAIN or c/r.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but yeah without knowing stack sizes calling a 3bet and then floating could either be

A. OKAY
B. absolutely terrible

R

RFirmino96

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had around 50BBs and i had like 200BBs. We were really deep

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the person with both how overall aggressive they are and what data you have on them (like, if you saw them 3bet bluff at some point before) and how risky you yourself are willing to play. Even dingbats who are willing to be that aggressive with a 7 high bluff actually have cards sometimes, and the annoying thing about people like that is since they often bet ridiculously both with and without a good hand, there's very little way to tell which is the case, particularly online. As someone said above me, it's like playing with fire to call someone like that down without having a ridiculously good hand yourself.

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean 4 handed with A7o isn't the worst spot but calling a 3bet OOP - your playing with fire so I hope you really really really no what your doing especially when you try to peel a card! It would be one thing in position because you could control the hand and actually develop a plausible betting line, but OOP if villain bets turn you'd have to be a real sicko to either float AGAIN or c/r.

I agree.

I would have either shoved or folded pre flop. Your decision.

When a super shortstack 3-bets me pre flop and I have A7o I would elect to fold almost all of the time. That's just me though.