ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
but you only had 30% odds of winning at the moment you call his shove. so while i dont think its a terrible call because villain could also had hands like 88, 99, or maybe j10 or 10 9 i still think its a risky call and definitely not a cooler.
jT was Exactly What I put him on.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not a cooler at all, move on to the next hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would never call this a cooler. 48BB deep to start and you call a 4x pot check raise for your last 40+ BB with top pair q kicker. My 1st thought here is how many times I see 2 pair and jacks or queens here.

While its never fun folding top pair, this is one we need to find unless you have a really good read on the player.

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe bb was slowplaying jacks or better to induce postflop action by check raising postflop or to hide the strenght of his hand. in most cases that would not happen but its not impossible to assume that. i also disagree with ruling out shoving with A10 because in this spot going all in with top pair top kicker to avoid any jack, queen, king or heart on the turn isnt a bad play at all considering his remaining chipstack ( 41.86 bb left)
Of course he could have been playing JJ+ slow, but most of the time there would be a 3-bet, since especially bad players tend to not play slow. I still think that jamming A10 in this spot would be a bad play, since you won't get payed by most worse cards, like hands with a jack, king or queen. Better would be a 3-bet and let him pay for his draws. But you are still right that A10 couldn't probably be ruled out, since he will jam it still often.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Watch your opponent (chiquillo67) play for 10 minutes.
Neither preflop nor postflop should be considered as a parameter for any type of game, be it microstakes or freeroll.

Some people just don't play poker so it would be pointless to analyze certain plays! hehe