SB: 3,220 (161 bb)
BB: 3,080 (154 bb)
UTG: 2,900 (145 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 3,000 (150 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with K
club.gif
K
spade.gif

UTG folds, Hero raises to 60, MP1 calls 60, MP2 folds, MP3 calls 60, 3 folds, BB calls 40

Flop: (250) 6
heart.gif
K
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif
(4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets 200, Hero?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slooow play. call it and hope he gets hit on the turn.

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cross your fingers and hope some1 will hit his flush :D
Now, in a more serious way of putting it, as I see it, nobody has a high pocket pair so you`ll have to check-call until a high card or a heart falls, and hope someone hits something.Then you can bet or come over the top, but be careful on your bet seizes i.e. don`t bet to big unless you can give an impression of a bluff (here you`ll have to be sure about your table image) and don`t bet too small (min-bet/min-raise) because you`ll give away your hand strength.

edit:However, on a second thought I think you should raise the turn no matter what it brings, and that`s because if he`s really drawing to the flush he`ll fold the river and you`ll lose value if he doesn`t hit.But definitely cold call the flop.

Last edited:
JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check call flop and hopefully the pot stays multi-way. Check-raise the turn no matter what happens. If nobody bets the turn then bet at least 2/3 pot on any river. The best way to get value is assign your opponents a hand and when a card in their range hits, lead out. Keep in mind, it is difficult to make strange plays like this at low levels and have your opponents out-think themselves.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well well well, you flopped the big one and now what to do here. The obvious move on the flop is smooth calling. Raising the flop represents you have an over pair to the 6. We need to give the fish some rope to hang himself. You might be even luckier, MP3 may very well be holding Hearts or pocket 6s.
Next is the turn. this is where the gamble actually begins. Crazy as it may sound, you need to bet 300-350 regardless of what hits. If the dealer drops a heart, MP3 must call. He can raise as a value bet to a four flush. Checking here is a mistake. Your opponent has position on you the whole way, he might check the turn for the free card.
Here's your river play: bet anywhere from 15-40% of the pot. We're looking to induce at least a call if not a raise. Betting on the low end swings either week or very strong. MP3 will call for curiosity.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Poker Stars, $8.80 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP1: 3,020 (151 bb)
MP2: 2,980 (149 bb)
MP3: 2,970 (148.5 bb)
CO: 2,940 (147 bb)
BTN: 2,890 (144.5 bb)
SB: 3,220 (161 bb)
BB: 3,080 (154 bb)
UTG: 2,900 (145 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 3,000 (150 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with K
club.gif
K
spade.gif

UTG folds, Hero raises to 60, MP1 calls 60, MP2 folds, MP3 calls 60, 3 folds, BB calls 40

Flop: (250) 6
heart.gif
K
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif
(4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets 200, Hero?

I'm smooth calling the flop here, calling any bet or betting a 3rd of the pot if checked to me on the turn and making a min reraise if bet into on the river or making a bet about 1/4 of the pot.

Y

yuanrobben

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
check and wait mp3 call more chips in turn. if mp3 check in turn, i think you should call small chips.

H

Hotpizza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like a smooth call and a turn raise.

if u raise pot they might not put you on KK but they might put you ona hand like AK and fold.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally somebody has pocket sixes. I don't think MP3 has it; his action seems like a position bluff. I would at a minimum call the flop bet by MP3. If MP1 or BB re-raises, I might come over the top because I don't see how pocket 6's could lay down their flopped boat. My action on the turn is going to depend a lot on what happens in the flop betting.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call him, the other dude might call too.. check turn again.. If a hearts shows up and someone bets rerais him.. if it doesnt come just call again.. on the river check-rais him enough to give him the right odds to call

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call him, the other dude might call too.. check turn again.. If a hearts shows up and someone bets rerais him.. if it doesnt come just call again.. on the river check-rais him enough to give him the right odds to call

#1...the only way to play this hand is check calling an aggressor. check-raise the river if a heart doesn't come if a heart comes definetely lead. Because you know he's shoving if he has a flush.

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call here.
You have 2 players behind and you don't want to push them out.
Call is the only option after this flop.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Y'all are nuts.

I raise this flop almost every time. First of all, there's no reason to think the bettor is taking a stab with nothing, because of all the players in the pot and the fact that he wasn't a preflop raiser. So he is almost always betting with a six, a pocket pair, or a flush draw. The pair hands are almost always hitting scare cards on the turn which will kill your profit. The flush draw will almost always call a raise deep stacked as long as it isn't huge. So I can't think of a single hand this guy will have that you will profit more by waiting to raise (unless that rare two outer comes through).

The only good reason I can think of for slowplaying here is to encourage the other players in the hand to come along for the ride. But it's such a dry flop I doubt that is going to happen too often.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smooth call the flop 100% of the time.. IMHO any raise will kill all action

call the flop and see ...you desperately want someone to catch up

How many players left on turn....Then.... decides what You do on Turn and dont mini raise

It would be nice if you showed Turn card?

Last edited:
trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u have to smooth call here as on this occasion u DO want to invite others into the pot as ur hand is basically unbeatable here. Check the turn again hoping someone bets or makes there hand but if it checks around bet 2/3 of the pot on the river.