78s early in OFC event

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay! I give! I guess I'm misinterpreting certain aspects of what I've been reading. Especially the aggressive parts.

I'm just having a hard time seeing it the way I need to on the table. When I drop HA hands in here it becomes as obvious as night and day after a few comments to me, but applying it at the table is where I run into problems.

Do I need to start back at your 10K post, Chuck, and start playing only the opening hands you suggest in there and then try to add on later? I think I'm trying to digest way too much information all at once and it's overwhelming me when I try to apply it.

It sounds like part of problem is not understanding that a player can be either Tight or loose and then is either passive or aggressive.

Tight and loose are catagories that we describe players by in regard to what types of cards they will play. A loose player obviously has lower hand requirements than a tight player

Passive/Aggressive - is how we catagorize players based on whether they bet and raise or check and call. Checking and Calling other players bets is more passive than betting and rasing.

One can be tight Passive or Tight Aggressive, Loose Passive or Loose Aggressive and all the shades of gray in between.

So a TAG (Tight Aggressive) player will be playing very few hands but be betting and rasing a lot when they too.

A LAG has a looser preflop standard but still raises and bets more than check and calls putting pressure on thier oppoenents

What Chuck and WV are trying to tell you is you have made the two worst adjustments together. You have loosened up and startied playing more passively which is a recipe for disaster.

I hope that helped and didn't completely miss the point.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like part of problem is not understanding that a player can be either Tight or loose and then is either passive or aggressive.

Tight and loose are catagories that we describe players by in regard to what types of cards they will play. A loose player obviously has lower hand requirements than a tight player

Passive/Aggressive - is how we catagorize players based on whether they bet and raise or check and call. Checking and Calling other players bets is more passive than betting and rasing.

One can be tight Passive or Tight Aggressive, Loose Passive or Loose Aggressive and all the shades of gray in between.

So a TAG (Tight Aggressive) player will be playing very few hands but be betting and rasing a lot when they too.

A LAG has a looser preflop standard but still raises and bets more than check and calls putting pressure on thier oppoenents

What Chuck and WV are trying to tell you is you have made the two worst adjustments together. You have loosened up and startied playing more passively which is a recipe for disaster.

I hope that helped and didn't completely miss the point.

No, you hit it perfectly. I actually posted 3 hands from the same tourney basically to see where I was messing up. I tried to defend my position, but when Chuck and C9 get involved, that's pretty hard to do.

So, I think I've fixed that problem, and I'm actually playing a bunch of those 180 seat .net SnG's on FT to test how it goes.

So far, I've played 8 games, keeping ~ a 13/8/3 style and have finished in the top ten 3 times. I'm gonna play about 20 of these and then post the results and possibly a few HA hands.

But thanks for the help. It's quite appreciated!:D

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you limp with that rubbish hand :/?
And you still called when he did a bet..
You have no straight, no flush draw there and only low pair.
Just fold.