7 9 suited

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I don't have the HH but her is the hand from memory. 100K Sunday MTT on bodog. Somewhere around 1000 entrents. Starting stacks 3000, blinds start at 5/10 and go up every 20 minutes.

I have around 3600 chips at the start of the 3rd level, blinds of 15/30. Just moved to this table, no reads. Both villans in this post have slightly more chips than I do.

I am BB. UTG +1 raises 60 to 90, fold, middle position calls, folded to me. I have 7c 8c. It costs 60 to call a pot of 225. With suited connectors I think this is an easy call as I can felt someone if I hit it hards and get rid of it if I miss.

Flop comes Ad 8s 8h. Bingo I have a set with no draws out. Usually I would go ahead and bet this but here I think that UTG+1 will at least make a continuation be and one or both of them probably has an ace so there should be some action without me having to give away the strength of my hand.

UTG+1 bets 300, middle pos calls 300, I call. I had thought about raising here but since both players were still in the pot I thought I could get more money by letting them bet. I still feel at least one of them has an ace and will bet the turn at which time I can then check/raise. At this point I didn't want to scare out either player.

Turn card is 2s, leaving the up cards Ad 8s 8h 2s, UTG+1 checks (very weak, he was prob making a continuation bet on the flop without an ace and with 2 callers prob figured he is beat). Middle position player bets out 2000.

Now what? What do you put middle position on? What do you think he puts me on? And what do you think UTG+1 will do?

Should I call, fold or push all-in here?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like to lead into the raise with big hands like this, but as played you have to get your money in. You don't have enough chips to be cheeky anymore, and can't fold this hand. AA/A8/bigger 8 is possible, but of course unlikely.

Get it all in, and hope he's got AK/AQ.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost a ring hand with J7 in BB against a K7 limper on a A77 board, so right at this minute im not discounting him having the 8 lol. I dunno how you can get around that even if he did though.

but i think he should be at least suspicious of your call, since your in BB and you coule very welll have the 8.

And fact that his betting doesnt reflect that makes me think he may very well have the 8.

But like i said id think about that but id probably shove :D or just call if by end of hand i could still have dceent size stack

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you just call here you only have about 1200 chips left after calling a bet of 2000. Don't you think you will get all of your chips in on the river anyway no matter what hits except for possibly and ace. I think if an ace hits I could fold but anything else all my chips would go in anyway since I would be getting more than 5-1 odds.

The real question is push or fold, I'm not sure calling is much of an option even though I put it down as one.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just shove, he's committed to calling the last 1200 with that much in the pot. good read and i think you played this well.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Time to put it allin I would think.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are the results:

I of course reraised all-in. UTG+1 folded, middle position player instant called.

He turned up As 9S, for the flush draw.

You all know what came on the river, of course a spade.

I tried to think if there was a better way to play this hand, but i think the money would have gone in no matter how. I could have made a big bet or raise on the flop to try to force the others out, but really why would I want to do that? There were no legitimate flush or straight draws out and only 2 hands beat me AA or A8. Although either was possible, neither was likely so i figured my job here was to exctract as much money as possible.

I want to avoid being results oriented and change the way I would play a similar hand in the future because of bad luck in this one. I don't like to slow play hands but to me this circumstances seemed pretty ideal for a slow play. I was planning on reraising the turn reguardless, unless an ace hit.

So do you think there was a better way to play it?