$60 NLHE MTT Bounty: 2 table live tournament question

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok this is a live game situation want to see what you would do with this hand.

Blinds are 75-150 you have 14700 action is SB raises to 450 BB reraises to 1050 fold fold you raise to 4000 with KK SB insta shoves for 7800 total and BB insta shoves for 15800 its on you to call for your remianing chips.

Little info SB is rather tight BB is somewhat looser but knows that SB is not shoving here with less than AA or KK MAYBE QQ.

Would you call for your tournament here?????

Oh and $40 to prize pool and $20 bounty

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is SB acting first? this hand makes zero sense.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is SB acting first? this hand makes zero sense.
Sorry I did get it wrong your in the BB with KK action is fold,fold,fold,fold
Hi Jack raises to 350 and is a tight player in the early rounds, Cutoff reraises to 950 and is a solid player could raise ATC, Dealer folds, SB folds,
You raise to 4000 Hi Jack insta shoves for 7800, cutoff insta shoves for 15800 now its on you what do you do with KK.

I

i aint assd

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky, its always hard to lay KK down giving how bad most live players are, breaking it down a bit its not hard to assume both players are QQ+ (and AK), since you have 2 kings this reduces the chance that one of them has AK by a fair amount.... to be honest, id actually lay this one down, id be so suprised if one of them didnt have aces, i mean cutoff would of at least had to THINK about QQ but he didnt..

KKvsKKvsAA or AA vs AK vs KK imo :p

T

Trentecaller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might be one of the few situations where I would lay down my kings too. Probably the only situation that might be beneficial for you is that you're up against 2x AK but I think that's quite unlikely. Maybe AK vs QQ but that doesn't seem that likely either, it depends on the players but most people aren't 5-betting AK. What did you do and what did they end up having?

Y

yotalover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like a fold situation to me. If you were in the lead, so be it. I'd rather wish I called and still be in the tourney, over wishing I folded and be out of tourney. You can always get it back later when you're more confident that you have the lead.

How'd it turn out?

Yota

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky, its always hard to lay KK down giving how bad most live players are, breaking it down a bit its not hard to assume both players are QQ+ (and AK), since you have 2 kings this reduces the chance that one of them has AK by a fair amount.... to be honest, id actually lay this one down, id be so suprised if one of them didnt have aces, i mean cutoff would of at least had to THINK about QQ but he didnt..

KKvsKKvsAA or AA vs AK vs KK imo :p

This might be one of the few situations where I would lay down my kings too. Probably the only situation that might be beneficial for you is that you're up against 2x AK but I think that's quite unlikely. Maybe AK vs QQ but that doesn't seem that likely either, it depends on the players but most people aren't 5-betting AK. What did you do and what did they end up having?

looks like a fold situation to me. If you were in the lead, so be it. I'd rather wish I called and still be in the tourney, over wishing I folded and be out of tourney. You can always get it back later when you're more confident that you have the lead.

How'd it turn out?

Yota
Ok not many people responding so here it is I actually was not the KK I wanted to put you in the situation that player was in and see if anyone would lay it down like others felt they should. I actually was the initial raiser and it was AA vs. AA vs. KK and a K on the flop I did however have a flush draw on the turn but did not come.
Now me being in the hand put aside, I think it was a bad call and heres why. I'm a pretty tight player and the KK person knows this as well as the other AA person so if I'm 5 betting all in I will gurantee I'm only doing that with AA not KK not AK, if I had KK i would just call the 4 bet and try to see a flop I actually would fold AK to a 4 bet especially for the amount that was bet. Now the other player would reraise me knowing I'm tight trying to get me off AQ,AJ which I would do however as soon as he shoved over top of me I know he has only 2 possible hands AA or KK and the other player should have known that also. She was not getting odds as it was 2.5 to 1 to call and she was a 4 to 1 dog. She is just a bad player that cannot lay down pairs or ANY ace I have seen here call 2 shoves with A 7 and flop 77, but she is also the type that had the roles been reveresed she would be screaming that it was a horrible call in the situation.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, interesting hand. Reminds me of the wsop hand this year where people criticized Johnny Chan for snap calling the 6-bet with KK vs. Pisano's AA.

Organize a Home Poker Game