6-man SNG - KK vs aggression

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed SNG . 4 left. (first off can some1 tell me why fulltilt is not saving my new hands in hand history i wanted to post it like that)

i have about 2k chips in 2nd
chip leader has 4500 or so

blinds are 20/40
i raise on the button with KK to 125
CL calls from bb

flop 8s 10d Jd (i thought a scary flop) also keep in mind i had this guys stats and there good (good player.)
he checks
i bet 180 into 270 chip pot or so
he imediatly raises min to 360.
i called (which was probly bad play.)
The turn is Ks
i know i did something horribly wrong here. he bets 870 into a 9 hundred chip pot. If i was going to play from here had to push my other 800 here right?
i just called
the river was Ace Hearts, he puts me all in, had to call pc'd

so 8s 10d Jd Ks AH

he shows 93 spades

i realize now that smooth calling the turn was such a bad play, one i dont usually make, gave him 17 outs 2 beat me.
(why i think i made the mistake, on the flop after his minimum raise, i was set on folding if i didnt improve or if the board got even uglier, when i saw the K on the turn, i was focusing on what i could beat, and what he could have. Just wondering how i could have played this different or is the allin on the turn the only messup?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it exactly how I would have played it. You took risks on each street, but you were able to get the absolute maximum out of him. You had position, you had a very good hand - it wasn't the safest of boards, but you cant be scared of the flush when you are only up against one opponent. He was firing away, he was very unlikely to have you beat, and there were only a few scare cards. Nicely played in my opinion.

and yes, he has 17 outs on the river, but you weren't to know that we're you?

P

piedog83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very curious to hear everybodys opinion on this hand. Because I was the player semi bluffing at this pot. After the hand we started chatting about the call (wich was obv. a great call). After chatting for a while I could tell petey was a bright, analytical player. He told me about this forum and the pokerranking site. But for the sake of bieng analytical where should he have moved in? I say the flop right? I mean I never make this play but as he said I had the chip lead and all. I just think if he shoves on the turn I have to insta call picking up a flush draw as well as the open ended straight draw. (and btw I was not firing a 2nd bullet unless a card hits that helps me). Now that he has a set my flush draw is not the full 9 outs but how am i to know. Basically I think on the flop if he dosent put me on a straight or 2pr, I think he has to shove in after I raise the flop. As the other guy said he took risk and collected the max. But letting me see the magical spade on the turn gives me the correct odds to call any bet even if I am covered in chips. But then again if he shoves on the flop after I raise I have to fold my hand only having 8 outs max. So I dunno risk/reward I guess. Petey is a great player and it was a great play. And thanks for the wb sites dude.:)

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is rigged? but collusion is free?

Really, get a room, stay overnight, enjoy life, etc.

Is this a youtube? wtf, is this:

"turned set, smells the bluff".
"I bruff you with an awesome draw"
"your hand beats my 3 pr!"
"I had the odds to call"

???

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re: the hand that had you on ropes

Petey for the most part you played it right but why didn't you bet 3/4 of pot like 250-260 instead of half because of that flop 8s 10d Jd , you have a possible st there as well as possible diamond flush draw from your opponent, I think you have to bet more into that pot give your opponent improper odds to draw to flush, if he floped a st you will find out and can play it careful by check calling or whatever,also when you hit set why smooth call why not extract more like 1800 on the bet? Steve

P

piedog83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

"I had the odds to call"

???

I guess ur tryin to be a dick right? Like i said I am new to this forum but I assume petey has this thread in the correct location. And i dont know about this forum but on my trailblazer SS forum everybody is really friendly. And the purpose of the forum is to learn, share, and debate right? Bieng a senior member you know that right? Or did we just run into one of the few dickheads on here? And about online poker bieng rigged; that sounds like a cop-out for poor results. If you make good decisions over the long run you WILL be profitable.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess ur tryin to be a dick right? Like i said I am new to this forum but I assume petey has this thread in the correct location. And i dont know about this forum but on my trailblazer SS forum everybody is really friendly. And the purpose of the forum is to learn, share, and debate right? Bieng a senior member you know that right? Or did we just run into one of the few dickheads on here? And about online poker bieng rigged; that sounds like a cop-out for poor results. If you make good decisions over the long run you WILL be profitable.

don't take it personal. he'a dink to everyone, nobody really likes him here and he just won't leave. disregard his posts. everybody else does.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i could have bet more on the flop but 180 (2/3rds pot) or 210ish (3/4ths) i dont think is much different, but i usually do bet more even sometimes would bet the pot after flop with kk, but the flop was so sound for 2 pair or even a flopped str8. I was really testing the water with that bet. When he raised minimum i wasnt to thrilled, or sure i had the best hand anymore, however i pretty much knew he didnt have 2 pair at that point, a good player would raise 2 pair on a board like that more than minimum.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

"I had the odds to call"

???

do you know anything your talking about?

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe after the flop with the flush and straight possiblities, you need to bet pot to pot and half to scare off any draws and make them pay to beat you. After the turn, I believe it is all in.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you know anything your talking about?

Sure, just don't understand the post. Your grammatical errors, don't really help.

(first off can some1 tell me why fulltilt is not saving my new hands in hand history i wanted to post it like that)

That's pretty easy to do, may get to that later.

Let's see if I get this right:

[hero]i raise on the button with KK to 125[/hero]

[board]8s 10d Jd Ks AH[/board]

[villain]he shows 93 spades[/villain]

[showdown]You win![/showdown]

Right? So what is the point? As you had:

also keep in mind i had this guys stats and there good

There? or they're? Nevermind, how do you have stats?

Anyway, looks like you dbl upped, got what you wanted from the hand, and picked off a bluff. What more could you want here? At showdown, you had the best hand and scooped the pot. How much better could you have played this hand? Regardless of the path, the result is the best for you? Right?

aside: On the turn semi-bluff, your opponent(villain) DID NOT have 17 outs, or 17 playable outs:

fl: 9 outs
OESD: 8 outs

Whoops, 2 of the OESD outs are fl outs, no reason to count them twice. Q is a dirty out, as you have the better str, so methinks they have 12 outs.

Oh, forgot the HH thingy...

M

mickyb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoops, 2 of the OESD outs are fl outs, no reason to count them twice. Q is a dirty out, as you have the better str, so methinks they have 12 outs.

The ace didn't hit until the river, so QS wouldn't give Petey a higher straight. However, the JS and TS, which give Piedog a flush, would give Petey a fullhouse. 11 outs.

Yes, I think you should push at the turn - you've no reason to believe that you'll receive a bluff to pick off on the river, and most hands will be good enough to call your all-in here - a smallish chance of being ahead plus a smallish chance of sucking out will be enough to lure most in, and if you persuade a draw to fold then that's good for you too.