BB: 1,470.00
UTG: 2,735.00
UTG+1: 1,680.00
MP: 1,780.00
MP+1: 1,760.00
CO: 1,210.00

SB posts SB 15.00, BB posts BB 30.00

Pre Flop: (45.00) Hero has A A

UTG calls 30.00, UTG+1 calls 30.00, fold, fold, CO calls 30.00, Hero raises to 240.00, fold, fold, UTG calls 210.00, fold, fold

Flop: (585.00, 2 players) 6 Q K
UTG bets 300.00, Hero ???

Last edited by a moderator:
MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok apparently it didnt post my question with it...

I figured 8x is a good raise pre with 3 limpers. I figured the only way he hit the flop is with a set, but i think he would have open-raised with KK or QQ preflop. Is there anything wrong with me thinking here?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
took your results out of your post :D

Generally you're good to get it in here - an important question would be how has the villain played up to this point, and how did he double up?

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it was very early in the game, the blinds were still 15/30. I didn't have nearly enough hands on him to tell what kind of player he is. But i almost feel that it doesn't matter. If he has a monster here he's playing way to passive and if he doesn't he's playing way too loose. It's hard to imagine what he's leading out with here, but its even harder to believe that I'm behind.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't see any reason not to ship this.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
UTG limp? Then call? He has KQ for 2 pair.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG limp? Then call? He has KQ for 2 pair.

There's loads of stuff in his range other than that - KJ, QJ, AQ, medium pairs and draws for example.

In fact I'd lean towards this rarely being KQ or a set because the vast majority of players at this level will be thinking "OMFG woohoo I've flopped a monster, I'm gonna take a trip to valuetown by slowplaying it". If it turns out this is the sort of player that leads into a preflop aggressor with that sort of hand then we definitely make a note because we've found a rarity. About the only thing that would give me pause on shoving this is that we might lose value from some of the above hands that can't call. Offsetting that against charging drawing hands makes me think this is still a shove though.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship the nickels you must.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or 66. In the freerolls and micro buy-in tourneys, the limp/call-a-big-raise from early position screams passive player with small pocket pair.

I can't reconcile the pre-flop and post-flop play. If he did hit KQ or 66, how does he not check that, given his limp/call pre? Makes me want to think he's semi-bluffing a flush or straight draw. AK has to be a raising hand, but maybe add A10, KJ, J10 and middle heart connectors/gappers to his range? Seems kind of loose but maybe he's feeling frisky after an early double up?

bd

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you guys are giving the Villain too much credit for thinking. How does he not check that? Two diamonds on the flop. He's weak and scared.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you guys are giving the Villain too much credit for thinking. How does he not check that? Two diamonds on the flop. He's weak and scared.
R-A-N-G-E

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship your chips and be happy about it.

If villain shows you a huge hand it's a cooler and it sucks. Note the player tendency and move on to the next hand/SnG. In the long run they'll have enough draws/random pair hands to be hugely profitable. Not to mention the pot is so big you can't fold pretty much. On that flop with a stack only 2x the pot-size you get all your chips in against pretty much anyone willing to limp/call 8x UTG.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
R-A-N-G-E

Thank you c9, I'm well aware of range.

KQ is most certainly in an UTG limping range here. I play many of these $6 T's and I see it all the time. In fact I was just busted from one just moments ago by KQ limping UTG then calling my raise. I had AK. We both hit top pair on a raggedy board, he bet, I shoved he called and he hit the Q on the turn.

I stand by my assumption that KQ is in his range and that his flop bet was a scared bet due to two diamonds. Or maybe he was a thinking player (to a degree) and felt that MM had maybe AK or AA due to the re-raise pre and wanted to induce the shove.

Typing range spaced in caps does not change the likelyhood of the villain holding KQ in that spot.

Now I'm not saying fold it here. I'd be shipping it all day. But judging from the fact that he posted this hand in the first place suggests that I may be correct in assuming that the villain could have had KQ there. Small PP's spiking a set are also a possibility, but I just feel that KQ is more likely than 66 or even QQ. QQ is likely to get shipped pre in that spot anyways, so unless villain is getting tricky we can almost rule that one out.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, a question: exactly how much of villain's range is made up of KQ hands in your opinion? Does he have KQ 20% of the time, 50%, 70%?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold because he must have KsQd.

But seriously, get it in dude!

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, big over pair, TPTK is the nuts in a turbo. Ship it already. If he flips two pair or set so be it and move on to the next. Don't even think twice about it unless villian is very passive and board very wet. Even then......

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way I am not shoving here. Everything about this villain seems to scream bad anyway so i would take my chances. I mean its the first few hands and already has doubled up(usually means bad). Limps utg then flats 8x raise(means bad). I am happy to get my chips in at anytime with AA against a really bad player because the times they show up with a monster is far outweighed by the times they stack off with a hand I have crushed.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, glad to see you all agree with me for the most part. My only question is if it is a semi-bluff, will my shove ever get him to fold? Obviously if he hit a set he isn't folding, but i still think its hard to put him on one since he played so passively pre-flop. My best guess was AK/AQ or maybe AJd. AK/AQ would be great, but if he is on a draw will my hand hold up enough times for it to still be a profitable shove (assuming he's never folding)?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, glad to see you all agree with me for the most part. My only question is if it is a semi-bluff, will my shove ever get him to fold? Obviously if he hit a set he isn't folding, but i still think its hard to put him on one since he played so passively pre-flop. My best guess was AK/AQ or maybe AJd. AK/AQ would be great, but if he is on a draw will my hand hold up enough times for it to still be a profitable shove (assuming he's never folding)?

Yeah, really only draw ahead of you is JdTd giving him 15 outs or about 60% to win. But over a whole range of draws and possible hands he holds you are way ahead and don't mind a call.

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless he has a MONSTER draw (in which case he'd be slightly better than 50% equity) you are well ahead of his draw and will of course hold up often enough to show profit. I mean...assume he has a flush-draw and gets 9 outs twice with potential to backdoor two-pair. He's like a 70/30 underdog in that situation so you would like to do everything you can to get his money in the pot.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you c9, I'm well aware of range.
Apparently not since you keep putting our opponent on one hand. So I felt like reminding you. How about you think up ALL the hands our opponent could have, and give me an equity? Or is pokerstove too difficult?

I love the tournament forum because the most obvious spots that are a non-decision get debated. At least in the cash game forum sometimes the decisions are difficult.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or is pokerstove too difficult?

I don't know about him but I had tough time with it. Do you know where I could get useful easy to understand tutorial for the typical simple minded STT player:confused:?.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove. Oh yea. All day.

DetriotJimmy, what do you need to know about Pokerstove? Try a post HERE