$.55 NLHE MTT Turbo: Set on suited flop

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 60 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP3 (t11,050)
Hero (CO) (t22,561)
Button (t21,766)
SB (t14,701)
BB (t28,623)
UTG (t6,625)
UTG+1 (t6,612)
MP1 (t5,179)
MP2 (t15,210)

Hero's M: 17.49

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10s,10h
3 folds, MP2 calls t500, 1 fold, Hero raises to t2,100, Button calls t2,100, 3 folds

Flop: (t5,990) 2c, 10c, 3c (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t19,606 (All-In), Hero calls t19,606

Turn: (t45,202) 5c (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t45,202) 8h (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t45,202

Results:
Button had 8c, Jh (flush, ten high).
Hero had 10s, 10h (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Button won t45,202

This was my first hand on this table and therefore not any read on the player.
I have two questions
1)What should be my line of play generally in such spot
2)Should i consider folding in such spot because i have a comfortable stack even if i fold the hand.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand fine. Sizing could of been slightly smaller pre but that doesn't matter overall.

I'm certainly never folding top set in a 50c tournaments facing a donk 4x pot sized shove. Just unlucky I think you played the hand perfectly fine. I'm just not good enough to fold here, I mean a flopped flush to start with is like 120/1 or something so we should rarely be scared of flopped flushes in a HU's pot. The main factor here is his fishy donk shove here, he was very lucky you had a hand to pay off with. I certainly wouldn't be folding in this spot given we only lose to exactly a flush and that's just so rare given his actual line he's taken.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it easy call in flop, we beat all range hands villain and we have high equity....

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No regrets.

We are ahead and he is still drawing.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lead on the flop. Why did you check? You don't want to let another club peel off for free, right?

He either has a hand he can call a bet with, or he doesn't. yes, sometimes you'll "kill your action" when you bet this hand and he folds...but if he does have 1 club he might pay you off...he also might jam on you with a draw, or occasionally 2 pair or a smaller set...these are all rare but sometimes you flop a monster and nobody's home. oh well, move on. What you DON'T want to do is give him infinite odds to suck out on you.

In this particular case, you induced him to bluff from a hand you were crushing and you got your money in very good....but you can't always count on villains to jam their entire stack into you when you flop a set. So unless you were specifically trying to induce, all you're doing is giving every random club a free card to beat you. I believe that with strong hands like flopped set, you need to build your own pot by betting your normal Cbet amount and just hope they have something to call you with.

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lead on the flop. Why did you check? You don't want to let another club peel off for free, right?

He either has a hand he can call a bet with, or he doesn't. yes, sometimes you'll "kill your action" when you bet this hand and he folds...but if he does have 1 club he might pay you off...he also might jam on you with a draw, or occasionally 2 pair or a smaller set...these are all rare but sometimes you flop a monster and nobody's home. oh well, move on. What you DON'T want to do is give him infinite odds to suck out on you.

In this particular case, you induced him to bluff from a hand you were crushing and you got your money in very good....but you can't always count on villains to jam their entire stack into you when you flop a set. So unless you were specifically trying to induce, all you're doing is giving every random club a free card to beat you. I believe that with strong hands like flopped set, you need to build your own pot by betting your normal Cbet amount and just hope they have something to call you with.

I understand what u mean and i would have definitely bet if the board run something like A10x or K10x for value as it would have hit his range. I thought with board running small cards it might be better to get value from some bluffs or middle pairs by checking.