$55 MTT SB completion flops big draw

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$55 MTT 207 left of 471. I'm right on the average and have a tight image. Think I've won every hand I've played.

ITACKER (BB) isn't great and has slowplayed a couple of TPWK type hands.

Poker5000 is 11/2/1 (over 56 hands) and I can't recall him doing anything

***** Hand History for Game 5779150077 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny: 32346419 Level: 4 Blinds(100/200) - Saturday, March 17, 15:58:26 ET 2007
Table 15K Gtd (951269) Table #1 (real money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Irexes ( 6660 )
Seat 3: goddi3 ( 2200 )
Seat 4: Poker5000 ( 3345 )
Seat 9: Quaak777 ( 3750 )
Seat 5: Fantasten11 ( 6320 )
Seat 8: crosmin ( 18025 )
Seat 2: ITACKER ( 11020 )
Seat 7: custinator ( 2510 )
Seat 6: PVSTKAN ( 10143 )
Seat 10: ibetufold85 ( 2530 )
Trny: 32346419 Level: 4
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Irexes [4s] [6s]
goddi3 folds
Poker5000 calls [200]
Fantasten11 folds
PVSTKAN folds
custinator folds
crosmin folds
Quaak777 folds
ibetufold85 folds
Irexes calls [100]
ITACKER checks
** Dealing Flop ** [7s] [5h] [Js]
Irexes ????

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might bet out here the reason being is that if the flush hits on the turn you might not get any action but you might get some now. If you bet and eveyone flods that's ok since you haven't made you hand yet anyway and might not. If you are raised i think i would shove since you would most likley be the favorite.

A check/raise would be a good idea if you were pretty sure that someone would bet. But with this flop there it's not sure anyone would bet, then you are faced with a tough decision if you don't hit on the turn and someone bets.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think a ch/r will work saying as how we have two opponents, one being very tight and the other being someone who has slowplayed in past hands. They most likely won't bet.

As mentioned in dbitel's big draws/monster thread, what do we do if we ch/r and don't hit on the turn?

I most likely lead here with the intention of reraising/pushing if one of them raises. We can push a lot of better hands out by doing this and also obv have tons of outs in case they call us.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put out a nice sized bet,as mrsnake has said, with that flop it is unlikely that anyone has hit the flop and if someone does bet the flop or raise your bet, I guess it's time to fold.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me personally i check raise here but only tht i would push a big bet whatever comes on the turn so if i hit i bet if i miss i bet most good players will put u on either protecting big hand or drawing big so they wont often call with just 1 pr and if u run into better then ce la vie u hve a ton of outs for the river

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lead out with a PSB in general. If against an aggressive opponent, I prefer leading for 3/4 pot, which is more likely to get raised, giving you the chance to shove.

Fire again with roughly pot on the turn if called and you don't hit.

On the river if you still haven't hit, you might be able to buy it with a small bet.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks chaps.

I like betting because it gives lots of ways to win the pot while at the same time building it before one of the outs hits.

Action does tend to dry up when flushes present and betting the flop disguises things better than suddenly waking up when the flush hits the turn.

As said the other problem is that you can end up missing the turn but calling a decent bet chasing the correct pot and implied odds and action on the river is always tricky to get if you then hit as you've been so passive to that point.

I potted it and they folded, if I'd been reraised I'd have pushed (assuming I was favourite and wanting to see both turn and river rather than risk being bet off it on the turn).

Struck me as an interesting one as there's a lot of ways to play this.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I potted it and they folded

Good result - much better than it checking round, you miss your draw, find you're no longer a favourite to win, maybe get some money in while you're behind, then show down 6-high and lose. Shows the power of aggression.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
put out a nice sized bet,as mrsnake has said, with that flop it is unlikely that anyone has hit the flop and if someone does bet the flop or raise your bet, I guess it's time to fold.
You should never fold this flop.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...unless in some cases if someone exposes a better flush draw and bets big. :p

I'm just being a nit, of course. In the real world, we never fold here because we're always ahead of an opponent's range.

I like betting because it gives lots of ways to win the pot while at the same time building it before one of the outs hits.

This pretty much sums up my view on the hand. If we bet...

(a) we can win the pot there and then when everyone folds (which contrary to what some might think is NOT a bad result)
(b) we can win the pot by shoving over a flop raise, either through the raiser folding (bet sizing comes into it a little here but usually we will still have some fold equity with a 3-bet shove here), or through hitting our big draw when called
(c) we can win the pot on the turn/river by continuing to bet (sometimes when we hit our draw, sometimes as a bluff). A turn lead after check-calling the flop, for example, is less likely to get respect than a turn lead after leading the flop.

Check-raising is an option, but we'd be committed to calling a 3-bet shove with our hand, and I'd rather lead and have the chance of villain raise/folding than the possiblity of villain 3-bet shoving on us and us having to call (albeit correctly with such a strong draw). It may also not work because of course there's a chance it gets checked around, meaning that if we hit our draw the pot is smaller and if we miss our draw we're not in as good a spot to bluff at the pot out of position and without the initiative in the hand (if the situation and our reads suggest that bluffing should we miss our draw is a good idea).

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...unless in some cases if someone exposes a better flush draw and bets big. :p
See, I actually added that in a parenthesis first, but decided to delete that comment because

a) I'm working on being more concise, and
b) no one would be such a nit to make a snotty remark about that anyway.

But HELLO CHRIS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! Jackass. :D