Buy-in
Currency
$
Mystery bounty 500$ live End of day 1

25 player go to day 2

40 left

avarage stacks 30bb

hero JsTs

folds, hero on Bu (40bb) raises 2bb, sb 23bb calls (passive player), bb (loose aggressive and competent opponent 50bb) calls

flop 3h5s6s (7bb)

sb checks, bb bets 7bb, hero???

I am not sure, if I had similar spot, it is close to bubble, I have nice stack and I don't know how to play this hand. Call seems the most standard play, but what on turn if we miss.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its an awkward spot for sure, because he basically pots it. So you are not getting the best odds. And while he probably does this with a bad hand far more often than a good one, you still dont have showdown value with J high. And even if you improve to top pair or a flush, its not always going to be the best hand. So I think, its ok to make a tight fold here and look for a better spot.

But you can also call and see a turn. Pot will be 21BB, and you will have 31BB left, so its not like, you will have committed yourself. And maybe there is some frequency of him checking the turn when called. In which case you can check back and see all 5 cards without investing any more. I would not jam here, because I think, you are not getting quite enough folds, and when you get called, you you always behind for all your chips.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a super tough spot. None of the options are great, but I lean towards shove. His draws arent getting the price to continue and you are flipping v his one pair hands. Maybe considering ICM it's a fold, but if your opponent is component he is relying on you to overfold. I doubt he has a 2 pair + hand often with this line.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His draws arent getting the price to continue
Its a bounty event, and Villain cover, so most likely he is not folding out his draws after leading full pot. Which means, that sometimes we are getting called by hands like A4 of spades or K9 of spades, which is a pretty big disaster, since we only have around 20% equity against a dominating flushdraw.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a bounty event, and Villain cover, so most likely he is not folding out his draws after leading full pot. Which means, that sometimes we are getting called by hands like A4 of spades or K9 of spades, which is a pretty big disaster, since we only have around 20% equity against a dominating flushdraw.
Mystery bounties usually kick in after day 1 or ITM so there may not be a bounty available at this time- if not then that could change how we proceed but I agree shoving is high risk vs a competent player who chose this sizing-:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mystery bounties usually kick in after day 1 or ITM so there may not be a bounty available at this time- if not then that could change how we proceed but I agree shoving is high risk vs a competent player who chose this sizing-:unsure::geek:
Good point. I have never played any of these mystery bounty things, so not so familiar with the format :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mystery bounty 500$ live End of day 1

25 player go to day 2

40 left

avarage stacks 30bb

hero JsTs

folds, hero on Bu (40bb) raises 2bb, sb 23bb calls (passive player), bb (loose aggressive and competent opponent 50bb) calls

flop 3h5s6s (7bb)

sb checks, bb bets 7bb, hero???

I am not sure, if I had similar spot, it is close to bubble, I have nice stack and I don't know how to play this hand. Call seems the most standard play, but what on turn if we miss.
ON the bubble 3 way with the V using big sizing and being LAG I would fold here the problem is the LAG can be bluffing with A4ss or A7ss K4ss and when we call we are capped so they can bomb turn on a lot of cards.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ON the bubble 3 way with the V using big sizing and being LAG I would fold here the problem is the LAG can be bluffing with A4ss or A7ss K4ss and when we call we are capped so they can bomb turn on a lot of cards.
Its unclear to me, if end of day 1 is also the bubble. But in that case there is definitely also some ICM in play here, since we are an above average stack, and Villain cover us. Also its a multiway pot, so the responsibility of defending is shared, and SB is short enough to go with his hand, if he has a piece of the board. So BB probably dont have complete air here, if he is a competent player.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its unclear to me, if end of day 1 is also the bubble. But in that case there is definitely also some ICM in play here, since we are an above average stack, and Villain cover us. Also its a multiway pot, so the responsibility of defending is shared, and SB is short enough to go with his hand, if he has a piece of the board. So BB probably dont have complete air here, if he is a competent player.
Normally the bubble is after mystery bounties kick in (i.e. a few levels later)

I get all the reasons not to shove, it's a tough spot, but I still think it's the least worst of the 3 options. We will usually have good equity when called plus fold out alot of better hands.