$500 NL HE MTT: 3bet pot ip Ako, time for cold bluff jam?

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
5 lvl, bounty, I am cheap leader of table 2,5 starting stack 130 bb, my position 108/1500

UTg 105bb, UTG 1 villain 100bb (bounty after one elmination), lj 40bb, hj, 56bb, co 21bb, hero 130bb, sb 43bb, bb 47bb.

UTG 1 100bb stack (experience player 3m winning in gg, vpip 27%, pfr 23%, 3 bet 5) raises 2.2bb, CO 21 bb (calls) hero 3 bets 11bb, UTG calls, Co folds

Flop TdTs2c (27bb)
v check, hero bets 9bb, v calls

Turn Qc (45bb)

v c, hero bets 28bb, v calls

River 4d (100bb)

v check (54bb remaining) , hero (81bb remaining stack)???

I think a lot about this hand, I think pre and flop is standard game, on turn I think second barrel is good option, but what do you think about river, is it spot for all in bluff in your opinion.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what did you have??

when you are blasting turn you basically rep AT+, no idea what bluffs you even allowed to have there,
J9 prob not even allowed to 3bet pre, but would be good combo to blast, blocking JT T9

no idea what utg is doing and with what he could get to the river apart of 22

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 lvl, bounty, I am cheap leader of table 2,5 starting stack 130 bb, my position 108/1500

UTg 105bb, UTG 1 villain 100bb (bounty after one elmination), lj 40bb, hj, 56bb, co 21bb, hero 130bb, sb 43bb, bb 47bb.

UTG 1 100bb stack (experience player 3m winning in gg, vpip 27%, pfr 23%, 3 bet 5) raises 2.2bb, CO 21 bb (calls) hero 3 bets 11bb, UTG calls, Co folds

Flop TdTs2c (27bb)
v check, hero bets 9bb, v calls

Turn Qc (45bb)

v c, hero bets 28bb, v calls

River 4d (100bb)

v check (54bb remaining) , hero (81bb remaining stack)???

I think a lot about this hand, I think pre and flop is standard game, on turn I think second barrel is good option, but what do you think about river, is it spot for all in bluff in your opinion.
We want to think about the V range on turn when they call and the river is a blank and they will be getting 3-1 on a river call. What did they call turn with that folds getting those odds? Work out that range and that is how we know to bluff a solid player in this spot
We may also consider not betting large on this turn to set up a better SPR for a bluff on the river.

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had Ako, I don't know how I missed this

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this is a high stakes hand, you might want to ask a solver in top of asking in a forum. You could just plug in MTT, 100BB and ignore the shorter stacks, and this should get you pretty close to the actual situation. But anyways here is my non-GTO "gutfeel" take on your hand:

Preflop
Obviously not much to say about 3-betting AK preflop. You dont want to let the blinds in and go multiway with AK, and there is already a field caller in the middle. Sizing looks good as well.

Flop
On this flop AK is sort of a showdown value hand, since you still beat all his unpaired hands except the rare TX, but you lose to all his pocket pairs, and those are not folding to a single bet on this board. So you are not really bluffing here, but a bet can get called by worse, and it allow you to maintain control of the hand, unless he check-raise. So I think, checking back or betting small are both fine plays.

Turn
You picked up a gutshot but also lose to QX now. If you bet again, you are more likely to get better hands like 33-99 to fold, than to get called by worse. So a bet does accomplish something as a bluff, but it would suck to get check-raised now and blown off your equity. So personally I check back here most of the time.

River
You bricked, and at this point you have probably run out of showdown value. Maybe you still beat KJ and AJ of clubs, but thats probably about it. So your hand is a candidate to empty the barrel. But the question is, what is he going to fold now, if he folded 33-99 on the turn? Like exactly JJ? Or is he ever folding top pair? You do have decent removal, since you block hands like AQ, KQs, ATs and KTs, and you dont block JJ or 33-99, if he still have those in the range. I dont know. I probably give up and check back. But I also check back flop or turn, so I dont really get here like this.